+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 372
  1. #76
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Doubt he'll play the OF. He's real bad out there. This was Cash after the trade:
    I expect Clint will be in SWB the beginning of May but I will be watching where/if Drury is at 2B along with 3B in SWB. One of his points is versatility. Maybe Bird at the end of in the month.

  2. #77
    NYYF Legend

    smckdwn989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    58.77 Miles From The Stadium

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I'm not worried, Cashman will figure it out.
    i get that, but who goes when Bird and Drury are ready? The easy one is walker I guess, but who else?

  3. #78

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    i get that, but who goes when Bird and Drury are ready? The easy one is walker I guess, but who else?
    A lot can happen between now and then. They can keep Drury down in SWB for 20 days and Bird is out even further. It will be interesting to see which player performs well over the next 3 weeks or so.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

  4. #79

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    They have 13 pitchers. I bet one goes when Drury comes back, assuming there is not an injury. The bigger question is where Drury gets at bats.

    Assuming no injury, Bird's coming back in a month will mean Austin must be optioned to AAA or Walker must be released. Torreyes is the backup SS. I think they will want to give Torres a long shot at second. Let's see who is performing when the crunch comes.

  5. #80
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread


    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  6. #81
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

    Sponsored by:


    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  7. #82
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread



  8. #83

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    But was that single really "smoked"?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  9. #84

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    lol @ "smoked." Decently hit through the hole, on the ground...

  10. #85

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    If I'm the Yankees I'll take my time bringing him back up. Leaving him there for a couple of weeks isn't a bad thing.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

  11. #86
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    If I'm the Yankees I'll take my time bringing him back up. Leaving him there for a couple of weeks isn't a bad thing.
    It's early. Why delay what is coming? Not a bad thing but if he's hitting (2-4 last night) it's not going to happen; I think it will be when we come back home (end of next week). I am more interested where he plays. Last night was 3B which is understandable but I would like to see him at 2B, OF, even 1B in SWB. I just hope it's Walker and not Andújar for the extra year.

  12. #87
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    It's early. Why delay what is coming? Not a bad thing but if he's hitting (2-4 last night) it's not going to happen; I think it will be when we come back home (end of next week). I am more interested where he plays. Last night was 3B which is understandable but I would like to see him at 2B, OF, even 1B in SWB. I just hope it's Walker and not Andújar for the extra year.
    I wouldn't be shocked if it's Andj going down. They can claim the extra year. They can say it's because he needs to work on things defensively. They can protect against any downturn in production.

    Essentially, Andj's trade value couldn't be higher, and if they wanted to use him as a chip for something bomb. They could. Assuming of course, they really believe in Drury, which they may. There is no platoon role between Drury, Andj, and Gley here.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  13. #88
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if it's Andj going down. They can claim the extra year. They can say it's because he needs to work on things defensively. They can protect against any downturn in production.

    Essentially, Andj's trade value couldn't be higher, and if they wanted to use him as a chip for something bomb. They could. Assuming of course, they really believe in Drury, which they may. There is no platoon role between Drury, Andj, and Gley here.
    I think this was the FO plan and wouldn't be shocked either. I worry about this Cashman crush on Drury in making this trade. But I wouldn't trade Andújar period. I thought he was ready last year and feel he is better than Drury will ever be. I would trade Drury and if it didn't happen - I am OK with our rotation and Adams and Cessa backup and our pen (Lail and Carroll backup).

  14. #89
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The urinal next door

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    his quotes after today's rehab game ("feeling better, but definitely room for improvement") lead me to believe that his blurry vision is still an issue and that's he's prob just gonna have to deal with it going forward
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  15. #90
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    his quotes after today's rehab game ("feeling better, but definitely room for improvement") lead me to believe that his blurry vision is still an issue and that's he's prob just gonna have to deal with it going forward
    If he does still have blurred vision, the Yankees should keep him on the DL for his own safety.

    Last thing you need is blurred vision with pitchers throwing 95+ - it's a beaning waiting to happen.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  16. #91
    Calls a tool a tool
    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if it's Andj going down. They can claim the extra year. They can say it's because he needs to work on things defensively. They can protect against any downturn in production.

    Essentially, Andj's trade value couldn't be higher, and if they wanted to use him as a chip for something bomb. They could. Assuming of course, they really believe in Drury, which they may. There is no platoon role between Drury, Andj, and Gley here.
    There isnt a natural platoon, but they can still each play 2 games out of every three. I am against trading Andujar. The only trade he could go in would be for a top of the rotation starter. Why include him there and open a hole at third when we have other effective trade pieces that are blocked (frazier) or are further down the pipeline (Florial). Get playing time for all three with the idea of moving Drury.

  17. #92
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if it's Andj going down. They can claim the extra year. They can say it's because he needs to work on things defensively. They can protect against any downturn in production.

    Essentially, Andj's trade value couldn't be higher, and if they wanted to use him as a chip for something bomb. They could. Assuming of course, they really believe in Drury, which they may. There is no platoon role between Drury, Andj, and Gley here.
    The Yankees might believe in Drury when they got him, which gave them flexibility to put Andujar on trade block. But I think the blurred vision problem would (and should) change their mind. Unless Drury plays really great for a long period, I don't think they would trade Andujar. They're still trying to win this year and keeping Drury without a backup plan would be too risky.

  18. #93

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    The Yankees might believe in Drury when they got him, which gave them flexibility to put Andujar on trade block. But I think the blurred vision problem would (and should) change their mind. Unless Drury plays really great for a long period, I don't think they would trade Andujar. They're still trying to win this year and keeping Drury without a backup plan would be too risky.
    We would still have Torres, Drury, Walker, and Torreyes for 2B/3B at the MLB level with Wade and Estrada as possible fill ins. That's not bad depth. I love what we've seen from the kid, but if Andujar can be the headliner to get us a young cost controlled SP, I'd do it without hesitation.

    Now if we could just undo the Drury trade and get back Widener and Solak (who have both been having incredible years), that'd be ideal.

  19. #94
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    The problem is Drurys value isn't anywhere near Andj at the moment. Only way it's going to get near there is you need to play him. I don't like it but the smart play is sending Andj down and hoping Drury builds enough value. This is why I was against this trade to begin with. The playing time doesn't exist between these guys. They are all full-time players.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  20. #95

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    The problem is Drurys value isn't anywhere near Andj at the moment. Only way it's going to get near there is you need to play him. I don't like it but the smart play is sending Andj down and hoping Drury builds enough value. This is why I was against this trade to begin with. The playing time doesn't exist between these guys. They are all full-time players.
    Or you temporarily send down Gleyber and play Drury at 2B until you find a buyer.

    Unfortunately, I don’t believe the Yankees have any intention of doing anything with Drury other than playing him at 3B everyday.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  21. #96

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Or you temporarily send down Gleyber and play Drury at 2B until you find a buyer.

    Unfortunately, I don’t believe the Yankees have any intention of doing anything with Drury other than playing him at 3B everyday.
    We'll find out one way or another in the very near future.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

  22. #97

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    We'll find out one way or another in the very near future.
    On this, we can agree (at least I think we can).

    As ymike pointed out, if the Yankees had any intention of using Drury in any other way, they wouldn’t be playing him exclusively at 3B in SWB.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  23. #98

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    On this, we can agree (at least I think we can).

    As ymike pointed out, if the Yankees had any intention of using Drury in any other way, they wouldn’t be playing him exclusively at 3B in SWB.
    The first game of the DH today is only his third game. Let's see what happens as Torres didn't play much 2nd this season before they promoted him to play 2nd.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

  24. #99
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    So tired of hearing about Andujar's trade value. I am sure Judge's trade value is really high too. Andujar could be our third baseman for the next decade. Drury is signed for one season. Besides while I applaud how Cashman has rebuilt the team his track record on trading for starting pitching has not been that great. Rather just sign a free agent pitcher. Cashman has had much better luck getting starting pitchers that way.

  25. #100
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

    Drury is "signed" for 3 more years after this one. He cannot become a free agent until after the 2021 season.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts