+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 ... LastLast

Re: The Official 2018 Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    No again i do not root against him. But like REF from a few years ago some people on here make a big deal out of fielding a ground ball. The guy is now hitting 250s. All i am saying is he is not ready while others think he is all world already that's it.

I hope he makes it and is a superstar as i have said before. I just don't think he is as ready as some and like with REF every hard hit ball or a ball he fielded without making a error is made a big deal out of. It just comes down to him not being as ready to be all world as some think he is.

Some guys can hit and field and hit a home run do everything and on here and still nothing about them but a guy fields a ground ball and does not make a error and that is the news.
    You root for him, yet never miss a chance to post negative stuff about him. With friends like you who needs enemies????

No again i do not root against him. But like REF from a few years ago some people on here make a big deal out of fielding a ground ball. The guy is now hitting 250s. All i am saying is he is not ready while others think he is all world already that's it.

I hope he makes it and is a superstar as i have said before. I just don't think he is as ready as some and like with REF every hard hit ball or a ball he fielded without making a error is made a big deal out of. It just comes down to him not being as ready to be all world as some think he is.

Some guys can hit and field and hit a home run do everything and on here and still nothing about them but a guy fields a ground ball and does not make a error and that is the news.
    So you don't think his bat is ready, where as nearly every scout i've seen talking about him say his bat is ML ready? The biggest knock on him has been his defense. So of course, his defensive plays are going to be bigger news.

What does the guy have to do to make yout think he is ready?

NYYF Legend

jeterrules has this place trained better than Gunther Gebel-Williams ever trained a tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2LkGpQB0

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    jeterrules has this place trained better than Gunther Gebel-Williams ever trained a tiger.
    I don't know why people respond to him. Are they just bored?
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Torres optioned to AAA. No big surprise, not having a great ST.
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

NYYF Legend

Road game starting lineup today:

No TV.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    No TV.
    It's on MLB Network.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees-...b=,game=534075
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Yankees release Lind.

Sad day.

NYYF Legend

Does this mean a Bird, Didi, Walker, Drury, Wade, Andj infield?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Most likely... Lind would have still been a nice bench piece, but maybe he saw the writing on the wall after the Walker signing and asked for his release early so he could latch on with another team?
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

I still don't think Andujar is making the team.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Yeah, it's becoming clear he's not, we'll see him soon enough.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    It just means they are comfortable with Austin/McKinney backing up Bird in case of injury.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Austin then?
    Calmer than you are

Forum Regular

I don't think Andujar is making the team out of ST, it looks like Austin will be the primary backup for 1B

I think Austin makes the team assuming Ellsbury starts on the DL, because it looks like they're going to carry two utility infielders:

Sanchez
    Bird
    Walker
    Didi
    Drury
    Gardner
    Hicks
    Judge
    Stanton

Romine
    Wade
    Torreyes
    Austin

Somehow Torreyes survives at least another month or two, amazing.

NYYF Legend

@JackCurryYES

With Lind being released and, assuming a 12-man pitching staff, looking more and more as if Yankee bench will be Romine, Wade, Torreyes and Ellsbury (if he's not on D.L.). If Ellsbury isn't ready to go, could be McKinney.

Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Austin then?
    I think they'd take him over Andujar at this point, yeah. So much more to gain with the better prospect in Miguel by going this route. Less to lose with Austin - even if he went down and tore it up, what's the upside? A solid-average trade at best? He's turning 27 before the season's over, so I think he's the kind of player that, if you believe in his ability, falls into the "the time is now" category. He hasn't had an outstanding ST but he has shown pretty prodigious power in game action, and as the backup 1B that upside should be good enough to at least start the season.

EDIT: Just saw the McKinney tweet. That would make some sense, too. Better player than Austin, more versatile and way younger, but in a similar category of wanting to see what's up with him at the ML level.

But McKinney is another lefty, I think Curry is not realizing that Austin can be an asset in the lineup against LHP, of which there are many in the AL East this year (Austin to DH, Stanton to LF, Gardner sits).

NYYF Legend

Agreed. McKinney makes little sense.

Austin would be the way to go if no Andj. Kills lefties. 3 PAs against lefties this Spring, and hit a HR off one of them, and walked another time.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Ah, I didn't even think about the handedness. You guys are right.

Though they were about to go with Lind absent a Walker signing (who's essentially a lefty, too). Austin clearly makes the most sense, but I wouldn't be totally floored if they went McKinney - they might just like/believe in him to that extent, without having an overwhelming desire to protect his service time.

NYYF Legend

Man, Wade and Torreyes on the same bench? They are already flexible enough, Walker and Drury can both play 2B/3B, and Wade can backup SS in addition to everywhere else.

NYYF Legend

Chance Adams is super underwhelming in every way.

EDIT: Annnnnd he gives up a 2R HR

EDIT2: Annnnnd then a booming double.
    Calmer than you are

1) Yeah. Torreyes is going to stay on the 25 as long as both Andujar and Torres await in AAA. But absent an injury, or regression from Wade, I have to believe he will be sent down when one of the young studs is recalled.

2) I agree with Austin still having a good chance over McKinney if Ellsbury is not ready. I am impatient to see Bird start to find some kind of groove.

Thread Information