+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18

Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

Ok..what Lauletta did. Now that's a distraction

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Ok..what Lauletta did. Now that's a distraction
    ah, looks like another athlete with a sense of entitlement that feels normal rules shouldn't apply to him.

NYYF Legend

Better to lose this game against SF right? I mean seems like Oakland and NYG are playing for the top pick. A win here muddies the draft waters right?
    As much as I hate another lost season 1-15 might be better than 4-12 or something like that.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Better to lose this game against SF right? I mean seems like Oakland and NYG are playing for the top pick. A win here muddies the draft waters right?
    As much as I hate another lost season 1-15 might be better than 4-12 or something like that.
    1-15 is always better than 4-12.

NYYF Legend

pointless game to win, only hurts the giants

NYYF Cy Young

I know in the long run it hurts the Giants to win that game, but I was still cheering at home when I saw Sheppard make that catch.

I still can't bring myself to actively root for them to lose if/when I'm watching a game.

NYYF Legend

In a Mara tragedy for Big Blue it's looking like the Jets will have gotten a franchise QB and the next year get a better draft pick than the Giants who didn't get a QB in any year and still have one of the crappiest O-lines

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I know in the long run it hurts the Giants to win that game, but I was still cheering at home when I saw Sheppard make that catch.

I still can't bring myself to actively root for them to lose if/when I'm watching a game.
    I felt the same. But damn, can't even tank right it would seem.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    In a Mara tragedy for Big Blue it's looking like the Jets will have gotten a franchise QB and the next year get a better draft pick than the Giants who didn't get a QB in any year and still have one of the crappiest O-lines
    I'm certainly not convinced that Darnold is a franchise QB. He may be, he may not be but his turnover problems that plagued him at USC haven't looked any better in the NFL so far.

I still think Barkley is going to be a beast and was the right pick. And I'm really glad they didn't go with Rosen or Allen both of whom I think could turn out to be big first round busts when it's all said and done.

NYYF Cy Young

I'm certainly not convinced that Darnold is a franchise QB. He may be, he may not be but his turnover problems that plagued him at USC haven't looked any better in the NFL so far.

I still think Barkley is going to be a beast and was the right pick. And I'm really glad they didn't go with Rosen or Allen both of whom I think could turn out to be big first round busts when it's all said and done.
    I'm with you on Sam. What's with the Jets' obsession of drafting inaccurate QB's from USC lately?

I still think Rosen is going to be better than people are expecting, but Barkley won me over as a fan this year.

NYYF Legend

I think Rosen's ceiling is "OK NFL QB". And while there is a lot of value in that, I don't think there is 2nd pick in the draft value in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Daniel Jones looks nice. The Giants should be looking into him
    looking like a first rounder. He also has a great coach.

NYYF Triple Crown

I was really keeping my fingers crossed that they continue losing and now they win.

Ridiculous. #rebuildnow

NYYF Legend

I'm certainly not convinced that Darnold is a franchise QB
    If he is, my default assumption is that the Jets will screw him up anyways

Agreed. I am willing as a fan to go through some lumps this season and the next in order to get a good pass rusher in this draft (Bosa or Oliver) and do what you need to do to make sure you get Tua in the 2020 draft. Pass rush and obviously an Eli replacement needs to be the priority going forward.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Agreed. I am willing as a fan to go through some lumps this season and the next in order to get a good pass rusher in this draft (Bosa or Oliver) and do what you need to do to make sure you get Tua in the 2020 draft. Pass rush and obviously an Eli replacement needs to be the priority going forward.
    Is this Tua guy definitely staying in college next year or could he be in the draft in April?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Is this Tua guy definitely staying in college next year or could he be in the draft in April?
    I dont think he is eligible for the upcoming draft, he will likely come out for the 2020 draft.

The Giants would have to be really bad to get Tua. Like 1 or 2 wins bad.

If they fix both lines and overall defense, they will not be 1/2 win bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    looking like a first rounder. He also has a great coach.
    Just cracked kipers top 25.

I think people are overrating Tua. He’s good but he has the best talent around him. He’s got really skinny legs too. I question his durability as his legs are already an issue

Thread Information