+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21
Results 501 to 513 of 513
  1. #501

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Sure. But that thinking usually depends on whether you think the QB is good or not. I guess you do.

    Unless we are going to transform into a league best defense. Like Chicago. But then, what Mitch loses with the arm, he gains with his running.
    If the giants put a super bowl roster around Eli he will be fine. He has shown he can still play when the players around him do their job. It was just 2 years ago he played great in a playoff game in which he got no help. But they do need to find their future guy. And soon

  2. #502
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    https://deadspin.com/the-giants-are-...-on-1831448811

    The Giants Are Maybe Ready To Maybe Maybe Maybe Move On From Eli Manning

  3. #503
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    why would they move on, there's essentially no one else to throw the ball. Someone told me that was important in the NFL

  4. #504
    YankeeLand SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Any interest in Kyler Murray if he enters the draft?

    Or Haskins?



    I want to know what the Giants future QB plan is. They are very close to being in QB hell. How are they getting Tua, Fromm, Herbert next year if they improve? They're will be way too much competition for a trade up. Have to factor in too, teams that need a QB won't be trading down.

    I would send Lauletta out there for 16 games but I doubt they do it.

  5. #505
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Cambridge, MA

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Any interest in Kyler Murray if he enters the draft?

    Or Haskins?



    I want to know what the Giants future QB plan is. They are very close to being in QB hell. How are they getting Tua, Fromm, Herbert next year if they improve? They're will be way too much competition for a trade up. Have to factor in too, teams that need a QB won't be trading down.

    I would send Lauletta out there for 16 games but I doubt they do it.
    I am not convinced that Murray is a guy you draft #6, but it will be interesting to see if they go after Haskins.

  6. #506
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    I am not convinced that Murray is a guy you draft #6, but it will be interesting to see if they go after Haskins.
    I kind of doubt Murray or Haskins makes it to 6, my guess is if the G-man want either one as franchise QB they will need to trade up.


    Murray having the option to go back to BB kind of scares me if I'm drafting him.

  7. #507
    YankeeLand SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Changed my mind.

    If Murray measures at 5'10"/11" at the combine, I would take him. That's the same height as Russel Wilson. By Murray's second season, he's likely the same weight (215) as RW too.

    Giants won't be bad enough of to finish bottom three for the 2020 QBs. Besides, the more and more I read, other than Tua (and he has his own question marks) Fromm and Herbert don't sound all that much better than Haskins and Murray. Talent wise, Murray is just as good as Mayfield. Ahead of Herbert/Fromm. Haskins is on the same level as Fromm. I think Haskins is a better talent than Herbert.

  8. #508
    NYYF Cy Young

    Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The CT/MA Border, aka Pink Sox Territory

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Changed my mind.

    If Murray measures at 5'10"/11" at the combine, I would take him. That's the same height as Russel Wilson. By Murray's second season, he's likely the same weight (215) as RW too.

    Giants won't be bad enough of to finish bottom three for the 2020 QBs. Besides, the more and more I read, other than Tua (and he has his own question marks) Fromm and Herbert don't sound all that much better than Haskins and Murray. Talent wise, Murray is just as good as Mayfield. Ahead of Herbert/Fromm. Haskins is on the same level as Fromm. I think Haskins is a better talent than Herbert.
    Is Drew Lock in this year's draft also?

    If so, any interest in him?

  9. #509
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    so is there really no team picking a quarterback before the Giants at 6?

  10. #510
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Is Drew Lock in this year's draft also?

    If so, any interest in him?
    He is, and he ought to be a consideration. There are four Quarterbacks who COULD go in the first round:
    Daniel Jones - Duke
    Dwayne Haskins - Ohio State
    Drew Lock - Missouri
    Kyler Murray - Oklahoma

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    so is there really no team picking a quarterback before the Giants at 6?
    Not right now. But, if one of the teams below the Giants falls in love with one of these four QBs, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone trade up to get ahead of them. The Giants, at #6, and the Jaguars, at #7, might BOTH look at QBs. So, someone like the Broncos, at #10, might try to cut into line.

  11. #511
    YankeeLand SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Is Drew Lock in this year's draft also?

    If so, any interest in him?
    I hear a lot of comparisons to Jay Cutler. Personality/Attitude. Arm but not accurate.

    Hard pass.

  12. #512
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Cambridge, MA

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    ESPN overview on what it's taken to move up in the draft the last few years, focusing on the Giants and Haskins.

    Will be interesting if they take this route given last year's decision to forgo picking their next QB

    There is a strong belief that the Giants are going to address the quarterback position early in this year's draft. If they -- or any other team -- falls in love with Haskins throughout this process, they will likely have to trade up to land him. And there will be teams willing to deal. None of the teams in the top five are believed to be in the quarterback market.

    But it’s going to be costly for the QB-hungry teams (Giants, Jacksonville Jaguars, Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins) to get their top target, assuming he’s coveted by more than one franchise. History says this as well.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-gi...eep-for-giants

  13. #513
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    ESPN overview on what it's taken to move up in the draft the last few years, focusing on the Giants and Haskins.
    If someone swooped in to move ahead of the Giants to grab Haskins, would Drew Lock be that big of a step back? Put another way, would it be worthwhile for the Giants to give up some valuable resources to move up two or three slots in the draft, just to assure Haskins, instead of Lock or Jones?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts