+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I'm going to be very if the Giants pass on Rosen and the Jets take him.

I think he's the best QB in the draft.
    Yeah but, does he love football? Its really important that he love football.

The haul of picks from that trade today was impressive. Hopefully we are wise enough to seek something similar if we are to pass on the QB position.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

I hope that was sarcasm. The media and fans regurgitating what others say about Rosen is ridiculous. The whole concept that because a kid grew up wealthy doesn't really like football (or whatever else he does) is utterly stupid. Pretty doubtful he'd be playing such a dangerous sport if didn't have or want or hated to..also his father is a doctor not a multi millionaire CEO or former athlete. Hello Eli Manning.
    Also if he didn't like football I doubt he would have put work into having excellent mechanics, footwork, and reading a defense...
    The concern with Rosen is health. But it's not something you can predict. For all we know he can have a pretty healthy career.

I don't get a feeling/sense the Giants are trading down. Which means they either want a QB or Barkley.

If he is so wealthy we did he leave school early. Parental money factored into the Mannings staying in college as seniors.

Of course its sarcasm...the whole debate around him is stupid. These old hardo football guys are the worst.

If any players thinks for himself, he's instantly a malcontent. So annoying.

NFL mock draft 2018: First-round projections, top players

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nfl-m...draft-march-18

Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC: The Browns have to use the pick on a quarterback, and we think they’ll choose Darnold.

New York Giants: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State: Barkley was a star at the NFL combine. If the Giants want to stick with Eli Manning, Barkley will help extend his career.

New York Jets: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: The Jets will continue toiling in mediocrity as long as they lack quality quarterback play. Rosen is an excellent consolation prize and seems capable of handling the New York spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    NFL mock draft 2018: First-round projections, top players

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nfl-m...draft-march-18

Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC: The Browns have to use the pick on a quarterback, and we think they’ll choose Darnold.

New York Giants: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State: Barkley was a star at the NFL combine. If the Giants want to stick with Eli Manning, Barkley will help extend his career.

New York Jets: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: The Jets will continue toiling in mediocrity as long as they lack quality quarterback play. Rosen is an excellent consolation prize and seems capable of handling the New York spotlight.
    Asinine mock draft. Eli is 37 and a turnover machine. They are taking a QB.

NYYF Legend

I think Browns take Barkley #1

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I think Browns take Barkley #1
    The Jets trade definitely makes it less of a sure thing. If they are set on a QB, they've got to take him #1. They could still very well get Barkley at 4. If the Giants take him, Chubb, Nelson, and Fitzpatrick are very nice consolation prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    The Jets trade definitely makes it less of a sure thing. If they are set on a QB, they've got to take him #1. They could still very well get Barkley at 4. If the Giants take him, Chubb, Nelson, and Fitzpatrick are very nice consolation prizes.
    Right, the Browns can't mess around again about acquiring a QB. That was the criticism of the prior GM regime. Dorsey isn't going to make that same mistake and will take the best QB on their board and use their next pick at #4 for the best position player available then which could be Barkley or those you noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Asinine mock draft. Eli is 37 and a turnover machine. They are taking a QB.
    When has an RB extended a QB's career? An offensive line, probably but an RB? Christ. Some of these evaluations are maddening.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    When has an RB extended a QB's career? An offensive line, probably but an RB? Christ. Some of these evaluations are maddening.
    John Elway - Terrell Davis? Though Denver had some very good O-Lines those years.

I'm Ok if they feel there is only 1 franchise QB in the draft and Cleveland takes him that they go with Barkely or if there evaluation is none of these guy will be great, but if they feel there is a guy who can be their QB of the future for 10 season I really hope they take him.

NYYF Triple Crown

What I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall in the NY Giants war room.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall in the NY Giants war room.
    No one seems to have a clue where their going.

Gettleman is doing a good job of not showing his cards.

Looks like we're moving to a full-fingered defensive line.

Another blockbuster trade: Giants trading DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a 2018 fourth-round pick to Buccaneers for a 2018 third-round pick and a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...22630258003969

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Looks like we're moving to a full-fingered defensive line.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...22630258003969
    Barely more than a salary dump

Good riddance. He is an overpaid quitter. Now he can blow off fireworks in Florida year round.

^Damn. He was the best player on a team that won a title.

But, he was likely never going to return to his peak years. But still sad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Barely more than a salary dump
    Only saves them $2.5M against the cap. Or about $1M more than they saved by cutting Wing. Better to trade a guy a year early than a year late, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Good riddance. He is an overpaid quitter. Now he can blow off fireworks in Florida year round.
    I'd hardly call a guy who blew his hand off, showed remorse, and fought his way back to being a productive player (actually graded as the #13 edge rusher ahead of version in 2017) a "quitter". But okay, tough guy!

After blowing off his hand, should not have been re-signed.

Only saves them $2.5M against the cap. Or about $1M more than they saved by cutting Wing. Better to trade a guy a year early than a year late, I guess.
    For this year, but much greater cap savings for the following two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    For this year, but much greater cap savings for the following two years.
    You're right and I don't disagree with the move. Wish they got a little more in return but that's splitting hairs. They clearly need to set the stage for retaining both Collins & OBJ.

4 picks in the top 100 now...that's exciting. Hoping for a trade out of the 2 slot to get some more.

NYYF Legend

So after all this, how many millions did that stupid firecracker cost him?

NYYF Triple Crown

4 picks in the top 100 now...that's exciting. Hoping for a trade out of the 2 slot to get some more.
    From what I read all over the interwebz there’s no quarterback that really stands out as a future franchise type. Maybe there’s gonna be one next year or two? trading the number two slot is definitely something they’re probably considering.

I'd hardly call a guy who blew his hand off, showed remorse, and fought his way back to being a productive player (actually graded as the #13 edge rusher ahead of version in 2017) a "quitter". But okay, tough guy!
    I commend his effort to comeback from his "mishap" and his play in 2016 earned him that huge extension. But his lack of performance in 2017 is when he was quit on his team and mailed it in. If you think is 2017 was productive then we are watching two different teams.

Thread Information