+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Take the hit, well worth it
    Why is it worh it? Or is he still at fault for stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Why is it worh it? Or is he still at fault for stuff?
    Because he is a cancer and a distraction. This guy and the Oline will ruin a rookie quarterback. If you can get a first round pick they should do it

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Seems pointless to trade Apple at this point in the season for nothing picks. Doesnít clear much salary
    No idea how they went into this season with flowers and apple. Flowers was the worst tackle in the league and Apple was a destructive cancer on the team

Daniel Jones looks nice. The Giants should be looking into him

Because he is a cancer and a distraction. This guy and the Oline will ruin a rookie quarterback. If you can get a first round pick they should do it
    A rookie QB should count his blessings that he gets to play with someone so talented. Trading generational 25 years olds...not smart.

A rookie QB should count his blessings that he gets to play with someone so talented. Trading generational 25 years olds...not smart.
    So you are just going to ignore that hes a headcase, a diva, and a cancer? Thats not good for any QB to deal with, especially a rookie

The giants need to rebuild their offensive/defensive lines. Multi year process.

The giants need to rebuild their offensive/defensive lines. Multi year process.
    Well, this is an odd way to do it...Snacks is going to DET for a 5th rounder

Daniel Jones looks nice. The Giants should be looking into him
    Not thanks. Last thing I want the Giants to do is reach/be desperate and take a QB that isn't projected as a top pick.

Herbert or wait for Tua or Fromm in 2020.

I don't think they're getting Tua but imagine him with Barkley and Beckham.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Not thanks. Last thing I want the Giants to do is reach/be desperate and take a QB that isn't projected as a top pick.

Herbert or wait for Tua or Fromm in 2020.

I don't think they're getting Tua but imagine him with Barkley and Beckham.
    Some of the best quarterbacks in the league right now weren’t top picks. In fact most if not all weren’t top picks

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Well, this is an odd way to do it...Snacks is going to DET for a 5th rounder

Seems like fair value though. He’s on the decline but still good.

So you are just going to ignore that hes a headcase, a diva, and a cancer? Thats not good for any QB to deal with, especially a rookie
    And the Patriots would snatch him up with no hesitation if he became available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveBernie51! View Post
    And the Patriots would snatch him up with no hesitation if he became available to them.
    You think the team generally doesn’t want to overpay players and is by far the best team at managing the cap would trade for this guy? And pay him all that money. I sure don’t

i object to those adjectives. I save headcase to guys getting suspended regularly...diva to guys who dont give max effort...cancer to guys who drags their teams down.
    Odell does none of those things.

Vernon next...then maybe Jackrabbit. Some were talking about Collins but that would be wild.

i object to those adjectives. I save headcase to guys getting suspended regularly...diva to guys who dont give max effort...cancer to guys who drags their teams down.
    Odell does none of those things.

Vernon next...then maybe Jackrabbit. Some were talking about Collins but that would be wild.
    He thinks he’s bigger than the giants.

NYYF Legend

You think the team generally doesnít want to overpay players and is by far the best team at managing the cap would trade for this guy? And pay him all that money. I sure donít
    I could see the Steelers going after him if it only costs a first. They free up ton of cap space thanks to Bell and they absolutely love OBJ. He's their No.1 target back in his draft day.

You think the team generally doesn’t want to overpay players and is by far the best team at managing the cap would trade for this guy? And pay him all that money. I sure don’t
    I'm not talking about the money aspect in a throw away hypothetical situation when discussing how silly your descriptors of Odell are.

Odell is not too much of a "headcase, diva, and cancer" where they wouldn't pull a "Randy Moss" on him. The media would then proclaim the brilliance of Belichick and Bob Kraft for rehabilitating him into the Patriots way and all that nonsense.

I can understand why a Patriots fan would want the Giants to get rid of Odell though.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I'm sure this GM would never do it because he still thinks he has 2007 Eli Manning, but would you be for the Giants trading a 1st or 2nd to Oakland for Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveBernie51! View Post
    I'm not talking about the money aspect in a throw away hypothetical situation when discussing how silly your descriptors of Odell are.

Odell is not too much of a "headcase, diva, and cancer" where they wouldn't pull a "Randy Moss" on him. The media would then proclaim the brilliance of Belichick and Bob Kraft for rehabilitating him into the Patriots way and all that nonsense.

I can understand why a Patriots fan would want the Giants to get rid of Odell though.
    I don’t want the giants to do anything. They have a losing culture right now. They need to restart. Looks like they are doing that

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'm sure this GM would never do it because he still thinks he has 2007 Eli Manning, but would you be for the Giants trading a 1st or 2nd to Oakland for Carr?
    I'm not Giants fan and I wouldn't. If I'm the Giants GM I rather pick one in the upcoming draft. Justin Herbert looks legit and currently most projected top 10 draft teams don't need a QB.

I don’t want the giants to do anything. They have a losing culture right now. They need to restart. Looks like they are doing that
    Yes, they need to restart and build around a young core that includes Barkley and Beckham. That's usually how these things work.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Um, no...

I'm going to hand the Raiders a top 3 pick for Carr? lmao

He thinks he’s bigger than the giants.
    Right now, he kinda is. The franchise is a mess and he is a generational talent. Its up to management to draft, sign and trade on the same level that he plays at.
    Once they do that, then they have leverage over him and anyone else. Until then, he is one of two players who will put butts in seats

NYYF Cy Young

Odell is an incredible talent who is mentally immature. He has shown diva/distraction tendencies, but he doesn't seem to be the locker-room cancer some assume he is.

He could easily become that, but right now he's just a whiny idiot, and you don't trade someone with his talent for being a whiny idiot. If he quits on the team the way Eli Apple and half the defense did last year, then move him. But until then, try to coach him through growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Odell is an incredible talent who is mentally immature. He has shown diva/distraction tendencies, but he doesn't seem to be the locker-room cancer some assume he is.

He could easily become that, but right now he's just a whiny idiot, and you don't trade someone with his talent for being a whiny idiot. If he quits on the team the way Eli Apple and half the defense did last year, then move him. But until then, try to coach him through growing up.
    He’s a me guy. His immaturity is a distraction and so are his whiny ways.

Thread Information