+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I didn't like the GM hired as I thought the Giants should've gone into a rebuild as I think Eli is done.
    Right. I thought they should have hired one of the young up and coming GM's or front office football candidates that were available in other organizations.

Instead Mara hires Accorsi (his friend and friends with Gettleman) who loves Eli, to do a phony GM search. Of course he hires a guy around his age (i believe this quick fix has something to do with Gettleman's age) and who used to work for Accorsi. And Accorsi wasn't going to recommend a rebuild that has the Giants replacing Eli.

NYYF Legend

Eli seems cooked.
    I still love the Barkely pick and think it's going to work out well long term for the Giants and so far I'm not sold on any of the QBs the Giants passed on, thought it's too early to judge this year's QB class.

But cutting ties with Eli in the off season isn't nearly as financially painful in the coming off season as it would have been this past off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Eli seems cooked.
    I still love the Barkely pick and think it's going to work out well long term for the Giants and so far I'm not sold on any of the QBs the Giants passed on, thought it's too early to judge this year's QB class.

But cutting ties with Eli in the off season isn't nearly as financially painful in the coming off season as it would have been this past off season.
    What is long term for that position?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    What is long term for that position?
    3-6 years.
    RBs who make it past 6 productive are the exception generally.

Someone show me a shred of evidence that Eli is done. I want to see consistent tape that hes done.

-Patriots fan

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Someone show me a shred of evidence that Eli is done. I want to see consistent tape that he’s done.

-Patriots fan
    Probably should be the other way around.

YT. If he has 5 years and 2-3 of those tears are with Eli and the next two are with a rookie type. That might not be great.

NYYF Legend

YT. If he has 5 years and 2-3 of those tears are with Eli and the next two are with a rookie type. That might not be great.
    I'm assuming this is Eli's last year. Maybe they Giants get lucky with a trade or FA.

I don’t think so. seems like a cop out to me. There’s very little if any evidence to suggest Eli isn’t capable of making throws he could’ve made in 2015. Since coughlin left this team has been a disaster on offense. And it starts with scheme, and it starts with the line

I don’t think so. seems like a cop out to me. There’s very little if any evidence to suggest Eli isn’t capable of making throws he could’ve made in 2015. Since coughlin left this team has been a disaster on offense. And it starts with scheme, and it starts with the line
    He cant move in the pocket and his accuracy downfield is inconsistent at best. And most importantly, he is checking down when he actually has time to go down the field to his best player.
    Baldinger, on twitter, was highlighting a 3rd down play in that regard.

NYYF Cy Young

He cant move in the pocket and his accuracy downfield is inconsistent at best. And most importantly, he is checking down when he actually has time to go down the field to his best player.
    Baldinger, on twitter, was highlighting a 3rd down play in that regard.
    Bingo. His arm is still strong, but I think McAdoo's focus on completion percentage instead of downfield chances the last few seasons combined with a piss-poor O-line broke Eli's brain.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Bingo. His arm is still strong, but I think McAdoo's focus on completion percentage instead of downfield chances the last few seasons combined with a piss-poor O-line broke Eli's brain.
    Didn’t shurmur say he’s basically being told to do the same thing

NYYF Cy Young

Didn’t shurmur say he’s basically being told to do the same thing
    I didn't hear that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Shurmur is kind of caught between a rock and a hard place with play-calling for this offense. I'm guessing he's smart enough to recognize the need to get the ball deep downfield more, but he clearly doesn't trust his O-line to consistently hold up enough for those routes to develop, so he leans toward short passing routes and hoping for big yards after catch.

Combine that with Eli's recent risk-aversion in his decision making, and you end up with what we've seen this season: Eli having one of his statistically best seasons on one of his statistically worst offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I didn't hear that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Shurmur is kind of caught between a rock and a hard place with play-calling for this offense. I'm guessing he's smart enough to recognize the need to get the ball deep downfield more, but he clearly doesn't trust his O-line to consistently hold up enough for those routes to develop, so he leans toward short passing routes and hoping for big yards after catch.

Combine that with Eli's recent risk-aversion in his decision making, and you end up with what we've seen this season: Eli having one of his statistically best seasons on one of his statistically worst offenses.
    Based on what i see, Eli can still get the job done with an oline he can trust

And like i said, he never was, is, or is, going to be the guy that can carry a team

I know this is going to surprise you guys, but even though he practiced on Thursday, Vernon is still out. (Rumors that he's targeting a return by Hanukkah are wholly unconfirmed).

Shurmur's play designs/calling is no better than McAdoo. Early on, looks like the Giants hired a guy who isn't a good coach but a good coordinator.

That Samuel TD was an embarrassment.

Wow this looks like a lost season.

I agreed with what OBJ said this week.

Then he went out and clowned himself today. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I agreed with what OBJ said this week.

Then he went out and clowned himself today. Go away.
    Id prefer he stay and we not put him on punt duty. Id prefer to not have anyone on that duty. Its needless.
    On the list of issues we have, lets not attack problem 91873668298262892

A matter of time before the team quits and possibly turns on the coach.

And with the 1st pick of the 2019 draft, the New York Giants select........

How many times the players are going to blame the coach?

OBJ Td pass!

@ESPNStatsInfo
    Follow Follow @ESPNStatsInfo
    More
    Odell Beckham Jr's TD pass to Saquon Barkley traveled 24 yards in the air.

Eli Manning hasn't had a TD pass travel that far since Week 5 last season, a TD pass to Odell Beckham Jr.

Oh, Eli

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Oh, Eli
    That drive looked promising and then the pick

Thread Information