+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    What's the QB class for this year looking like? I'm glad they took Barkley this year instead of a QB, but maybe next year if they're in the top 5 again...will there be a team changing guy coming out of ocllege?
    Nothing as of now that's worth a top 5 selection. Where the Giants will be picking. The QB 2019 class isn't on the level of this year's class.

Next really good crop is 2020. Fromm is thought of as an elite prospect.

The 2019 draft is very OL/DL heavy. Which the Giants can obviously use. I would love Bosa but I doubt the Giants pick number 1.

The Giants haven't scored 30 or more points in a game since the final Sunday of the 2015 season! That was Coughlin's last game. What an embarrassment. Not saying TC should have stayed though.
    Parting ways with coughlin was justified. But Reese should’ve been gone then too. If it was only going to be one, it should’ve been Reese.

Since coughlin left the offensive line has been a disaster. Guess who the line coach For the Jags is though

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Nothing as of now that's worth a top 5 selection. Where the Giants will be picking. The QB 2019 class isn't on the level of this year's class.

Next really good crop is 2020. Fromm is thought of as an elite prospect.

The 2019 draft is very OL/DL heavy. Which the Giants can obviously use. I would love Bosa but I doubt the Giants pick number 1.
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Drew Lock
    I'm well aware. As I stated in my post, no one in this QB class is as good as the QB's this past April's draft.
    Lock is not thought to be as good a prospect as Rosen, Darnold, etc...

I said back in April the Giants are missing out on a big opportunity if they pass on a QB at two, cause next year's draft isn't as good.
    Giants reaching for a QB who is not projected as of now, to go in the top 5 (Giants are headed there) tells you it was a mistake not taking one this past April.

Lock being the best QB of this upcoming class not not mean that you should pick him. He's just the best of a bad bunch. Fromm in 2020 is the elite prospect they should look at. Even though I know teams don't tank in the NFL. But there's a strong chance the Giants aren't good next year either.

Lock will face a really good defense Saturday. I'll be tuned in to see how he does.

I'm well aware. As I stated in my post, no one in this QB class is as good as the QB's this past April's draft.
    Lock is not thought to be as good a prospect as Rosen, Darnold, etc...

I said back in April the Giants are missing out on a big opportunity if they pass on a QB at two, cause next year's draft isn't as good.
    Giants reaching for a QB who is not projected as of now, to go in the top 5 (Giants are headed there) tells you it was a mistake not taking one this past April.

Lock being the best QB of this upcoming class not not mean that you should pick him. He's just the best of a bad bunch. Fromm in 2020 is the elite prospect they should look at. Even though I know teams don't tank in the NFL. But there's a strong chance the Giants aren't good next year either.

Lock will face a really good defense Saturday. I'll be tuned in to see how he does.
    Thats your opinion I guess. Lock looks good to me. and then Herbert while not coming from an ideal system has loads of arm talent and room to grow. Still a lot of time.

Hey, at least we're not the ones who unlocked the victory fridges.

Nice article on ESPN about Herbert

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Hey, at least we're not the ones who unlocked the victory fridges.

They still haven't won on a Sunday in 144 weeks. December 13th, 2015 was their last win on a Sunday.

NYYF Legend

They still haven't won on a Sunday in 144 weeks. December 13th, 2015 was their last win on a Sunday.
    I wasn't aware that Sunday records mattered much at the end of the year. Dilly Dilly

Herbert looked awesome last night. Unfortunate Oregon stole defeat from the jaws of victory. But Herbert looked like the number one pick.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Flowers is being benched today - per WFAN.

26 is special

Winner!

So much more fun when they win. I was particularly impressed with the last offensive drive. Doing nothing all half, backs up against it with the way Houston was moving the ball (turnovers notwithstanding), really needed a good drive there. And stepped right up and delivered it. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    So much more fun when they win. I was particularly impressed with the last offensive drive. Doing nothing all half, backs up against it with the way Houston was moving the ball (turnovers notwithstanding), really needed a good drive there. And stepped right up and delivered it. Good stuff.
    Amazing how different Eli looks when free runners aren’t about to ruin his life

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Amazing how different Eli looks when free runners aren’t about to ruin his life
    The line wasnt exactly good. It was just one of those days where everything is caught...the second half offense struggled until that final drive. But wins are wins.

OBJ looks so good. They need to get him down the field a little more.

I didn't get to see the game, but woo a win!

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Flowers is being benched today - per WFAN.

What a wasted top ten pick. If I'm not mistaken, he was a bit of a reach at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    The line wasnt exactly good. It was just one of those days where everything is caught...the second half offense struggled until that final drive. But wins are wins.

OBJ looks so good. They need to get him down the field a little more.
    Offense was bad in the second half cause the Texans started pressuring/blitzing. Also Wheeler had less help against Watt.

NYYF Legend

What a wasted top ten pick. If I'm not mistaken, he was a bit of a reach at the time.
    Reese is such a dumpster fire

I'm guessing flower boy is being shopped all day long and there are no takers. Release forthcoming

Yep, sure was. I would have gambled on Tungstil, bong gas mask video and all.

Johnathan Stewart to IR. What an awful signing.

As I said when it happened, they hired the wrong coach and GM. Though I do suspect that Mara brought in the GM that went along with what he wanted......Eli at QB and a win now approach.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Yep, sure was. I would have gambled on Tungstil, bong gas mask video and all.
    Tunsil was the Eli Apple draft. Although Apple was a nightmare last season, he seems salvageable.

Flowers was taken in 2015: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft

Looking at that list, it's hard to say what the pick was. I know Gurley/Gordon/Peters have been pro-bowlers, but I can't recall saying "the Giants should have taken ____" at the time.

As I said when it happened, they hired the wrong coach and GM. Though I do suspect that Mara brought in the GM that went along with what he wanted......Eli at QB and a win now approach.
    I didn't like the GM hired as I thought the Giants should've gone into a rebuild as I think Eli is done.

Thread Information