+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: 2018 New York Giants Thread

The O-line (minus Flowers) looked a bit better than last year, but that's a very low bar to clear. Hopefully they'll all play better against Dallas.

I really like the 3-4 on defense.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

We usually play well down in Jerrydome. Dallas looks really bad this year too. They're currently -2.5 but I think I'm gonna take the Gmen. Maybe that's heart over head, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    We usually play well down in Jerrydome. Dallas looks really bad this year too. They're currently -2.5 but I think I'm gonna take the Gmen. Maybe that's heart over head, I dunno.
    Erick Flowers alone is probably worth 7 for Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Erick Flowers alone is probably worth 7 for Dallas.
    That guy just saps my strength. I can only imagine how Eli feels about him.

Love the giants this week

This is not a win now team. Crazy that both Mara and Gettleman thought so. It takes awhile to build an O line and team depth.

Dumb not to call TO there

Good god, come back McAdoo

All this stat padding undermeath stuff...how you are going to pay a WR 95 million and not have any idea how to use him, or have personnel to use him.

A desperate Houston team, in Houston next week. Save us.

Good hell, *now* you remember to use timeouts?

A RB with the second overall pick, with an old statue, shellshocked QB and a rebuilding OL. In a stacked conference to boot.

The Giant Oline was absolutely dreadful last night. And the funny part is flowers didn’t play bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    The Giant Oline was absolutely dreadful last night. And the funny part is flowers didnít play bad at all
    No, he was still pretty bad. Just not as glaringly as the week before.

2nd overall pick at RB, $95M WR, "rebuilt" o-line....and you punt on 4th an inches from the 50?

NYYF Legend

Giants are a dumpster fire. I'd say they were the new Mets but the Mets have that label covered for the foreseeable future. Even the Knicks are better run than the Giants right now

Garbage

That being said, and I know it's going to come back to this at some point this year: yes letting TC go a couple years ago was the right move. The house cleaning this OS was the right move (especially since Crapadoo was the wrong hire off rip).

However I don't think Eli is the one to trust in leading this team on the field. I work have rather seen them just go full rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Garbage

That being said, and I know it's going to come back to this at some point this year: yes letting TC go a couple years ago was the right move. The house cleaning this OS was the right move (especially since Crapadoo was the wrong hire off rip).

However I don't think Eli is the one to trust in leading this team on the field. I work have rather seen them just go full rebuild.
    There isn’t one offense that could operate with that offensive line in front of it. Has nothing to do with Eli

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    There isn’t one offense that could operate with that offensive line in front of it. Has nothing to do with Eli
    Yours not wrong about the OLine, but I don't think if you dropped Eli onto a team with a good OLine he is taking them far.

There's multiple personnel issues

NYYF Cy Young

Yours not wrong about the OLine, but I don't think if you dropped Eli onto a team with a good OLine he is taking them far.

True.

When you have an O-line like this, you need a QB who can extend the play with his feet while waiting for his receivers to get open. Eli had a surprising knack for doing that early in his career, but it's clear he can't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    True.

When you have an O-line like this, you need a QB who can extend the play with his feet while waiting for his receivers to get open. Eli had a surprising knack for doing that early in his career, but it's clear he can't anymore.
    It doesn’t matter who you put back there when the line is that bad.

Eli was never a guy that was gonna carry a team to anything. Put some good players around him and he’ll get it done. With the skill players the giants have, an average offensive line would be fine.

Tonight is a prime example that even a guy who is mobile can’t do anything behind a bad offensive line. Sacked 5 times in a half. If you can’t block, you can’t win. Seattle has been a different team since 1)the Malcom butler interception and 2)the unger for Graham trade.

NYYF Legend

To me Eli gets the benefit of the doubt until there is a functional offensive line. There's no way to tell if he's over the hill without proper protection because he's a completely different QB when he has time to make plays and isn't running for his life

And how is Flowers still on this team??? WTF

What's the QB class for this year looking like? I'm glad they took Barkley this year instead of a QB, but maybe next year if they're in the top 5 again...will there be a team changing guy coming out of ocllege?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    What's the QB class for this year looking like? I'm glad they took Barkley this year instead of a QB, but maybe next year if they're in the top 5 again...will there be a team changing guy coming out of ocllege?
    Justin Herbert and Drew Lock.

Herbert has his first shot at a signature win at Oregon when they take on the Cardinal this weekend. I have been a big fan of his for a while. Unreal arm talent but he the throws he makes in that system are not hard. Lets see how he does this weekend

The Giants haven't scored 30 or more points in a game since the final Sunday of the 2015 season! That was Coughlin's last game. What an embarrassment. Not saying TC should have stayed though.

Thread Information