+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Devoted Member

Yankee 2018 Ticket Presale

Mastercard Presale starts on Feb 21.

Forum Regular

Re: Yankee 2018 Ticket Presale

Anyone know when STH presales begin? I have 3 partial plans for a total of 41 games. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    Anyone know when STH presales begin? I have 3 partial plans for a total of 41 games. Thanks!
    Depends on your plans -- the small partial plans will have the 12:00 noon portion and it would be a day or two after the full season plans

The ticket licensee pre-sale is Tuesday 2/20. I have a 2PM window as a partial plan holder. Are there earlier start times for full season or larger partial plans or Yankees Universe members? I just want to gauge how much inventory will be left before I can participate. Thanks.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    The ticket licensee pre-sale is Tuesday 2/20. I have a 2PM window as a partial plan holder. Are there earlier start times for full season or larger partial plans or Yankees Universe members? I just want to gauge how much inventory will be left before I can participate. Thanks.

the first slot is 10am.

Interesting that the limit is 12 tickets per game - up from 8 or 9 last year.

I wasnít going to buy any but now i want to be there for the 20th anniversary of the 1998 team!

Thanks, YankeeJimBeam. If anyone else has any information as to any groups that have access after 10AM and prior to 2PM, please share. I am concerned that, by the time 2PM rolls around, dynamic pricing will have made the tickets I want, to become unaffordable. (I think it takes away the advantage of being a licensee by subjecting pre-sale tickets to dynamic pricing, which just has the effect of shutting out more and more fans from going to games. But I guess there are plenty more of the 1% that can afford the tickets, so it doesn't matter if longtime fans are shut out.)

Devoted Member

Thanks, YankeeJimBeam. If anyone else has any information as to any groups that have access after 10AM and prior to 2PM, please share. I am concerned that, by the time 2PM rolls around, dynamic pricing will have made the tickets I want, to become unaffordable. (I think it takes away the advantage of being a licensee by subjecting pre-sale tickets to dynamic pricing, which just has the effect of shutting out more and more fans from going to games. But I guess there are plenty more of the 1% that can afford the tickets, so it doesn't matter if longtime fans are shut out.)
    I wonder if there will be a Yankee Universe code. If there is it is generally at 12

I'm full season with less seniority than the 10am slot so I have a noon slot.

I forgot about dynamic pricing in last year's pre-sale, thank you for that reminder.

YankeeSTH, sorry I had to ruin your morning with that reminder . It's such an unfair situation because the later tiered on-sale folks wind up sometimes paying substantially more for their tickets than the folks who were lucky enough to get in at 10AM.

Devoted Member

YankeeSTH, sorry I had to ruin your morning with that reminder . It's such an unfair situation because the later tiered on-sale folks wind up sometimes paying substantially more for their tickets than the folks who were lucky enough to get in at 10AM.
    The Yanks still have not posted the 2018 single game prices. I guess they will do that Tues morning before the presale

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    I wonder if there will be a Yankee Universe code. If there is it is generally at 12
    I received an email with a Yankee Universe presale at 4pm today 2/20

Devoted Member

Here are the Onsale Date & Times

Onsale to General Public Mon 02/26/18 10:00 am EST

NYY All Premium/Luxury Suite Licensees Start: Tue 02/20/18 10:00 am EST

NYY Full Season Licensees Start: Tue 02/20/18 12:00 pm EST

NYY Partial Licensees Start: Tue 02/20/18 02:00 pm EST

NYY Group Leaders/IGS, Yankees Universe Start: Tue 02/20/18 04:00 pm EST

NYY Mastercard Cardholders Start: Wed 02/21/18 10:00 am EST

Price Range

$10.00 - $500.00

Devoted Member

Get in price from Yanks 80+ fees - section 428 row 10

pinstripe pass $75.

Dynamic pricing at its best.

Besides opening day, I think Iím gonna wait til I can buy tickets from within my licensee account. Should still be availability for most games, and no stupid Ticketmaster fees. Also avoid dynamic pricing which also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Besides opening day, I think Iím gonna wait til I can buy tickets from within my licensee account. Should still be availability for most games, and no stupid Ticketmaster fees. Also avoid dynamic pricing which also helps.
    Mkdaman, I thought buying through the Licensee account didn't stop dynamic pricing from applying. If there's no dynamic pricing, I'm with you on waiting.

Yankees sued StubHub a few years ago. Today they embraced StubHub pricing. Does this turn off any fans or is it the new normal?

Mkdaman, I thought buying through the Licensee account didn't stop dynamic pricing from applying. If there's no dynamic pricing, I'm with you on waiting.
    Since demand doesnít really skyrocket during the season when people are just buying tickets at a regular pace, dynamic pricing really doesnít hit when you use the licensee account. At least, not that Iíve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Yankees sued StubHub a few years ago. Today they embraced StubHub pricing. Does this turn off any fans or is it the new normal?
    They sued Stubhub just because they wanted the piece of the pie that Stubhub was taking from them. Is it a coincidence that they struck a deal a short time later and now they are partnered up?

Itís the way of the world, and tickets cost what they cost. The upside is you can get tickets below face on Stubhub so Iím fine with it.

12pm presale which i bought on

227A = $185/each with fees

134 = $165/each with fees

saw sec 434 for $110 before fees

$110 for awful grandstand seats no thank you. The Yankees are going way too extreme on dynamic pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    $110 for awful grandstand seats no thank you. The Yankees are going way too extreme on dynamic pricing.
    at what point does the pendulum swing too far and people resist these prices. absolutely absurd!

Quote Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post
    at what point does the pendulum swing too far and people resist these prices. absolutely absurd!
    Agreed. At some point, some of us are not rolling in cash and willing to spend over $1K on a single ticket, and will realize that, as much as we love our Yankees, this expense comes under the budget category of entertainment.

Even though it seems every other sentence of the radio broadcast is sponsored by someone (it seems that every season, they'll come up with a few new creative sponsorships), if I can't go to a live game (which are becoming increasingly prohibitive, not only as to ticket cost but the ancillary expenses of food, transportation, etc.), I'm surprisingly happy to listen on the radio. I can do other things while listening; if someone makes an amazing play it will probably be in the highlights on TV, and as someone else mentioned upthread in reference to another service, with GameDay audio, I can listen to home or away announcers (with Spanish language options, too), and never a blackout. It's great to listen to other good games going on if the Yankees aren't playing, and if someone's pitching a perfect game, it's easy to tune in and follow the excitement. Best $19.95 I ever spend annually. I don't have cable and while I'm following these developments regarding streaming options, right now I still think it's too expensive, considering I should be watching less TV, not more.

Individual game ticket prices have been posted:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/pricing

Individual game ticket prices have been posted:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/pricing
    Wow some of these prices. I was hoping to get into then 8/18 game for the 98 celebration and i missed the boat before the prices got crazy. I have a 41 game plan and of course thatís the one game i really wanted to attend that doesnít come in plan.

Thread Information