+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13

Re: 2018 National Football League Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It was a great bet because you won. But it is clearly a 7:5 bet. For every $7 you risked, you won $5.
    I read it as 7-5 odds ala plus 140. 5-7 odds would be -140 which is what most places had the moneyline

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Possible but Patriots would still be more likely to win. When you play Belichick you don't play Y you play f(x). That is, like poker, your opponent's play is a function of who you are and what you do. The Saints would have been a completely different game plan and set of adjustments
    Understood, it obviously would have been a different game plan. And New Orleans D may not have been as effective as the Rams. But, QB experience wouldn’t have been a question. The Patriots aren’t invincible.

NYYF Legend

The Rams looked lost.
    If the Pats hadn't shot themselves in the foot a couple times that game "could" have been a blowout early.

But damn it wasn't until the 4th quarter that either team ran a play in the red zone. And the Sony Michele TD was I think the only play run in the red zone all day. This was one of the most boring SBs I can ever recall watching.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    The Rams looked lost.
    If the Pats hadn't shot themselves in the foot a couple times that game "could" have been a blowout early.

But damn it wasn't until the 4th quarter that either team ran a play in the red zone. And the Sony Michele TD was I think the only play run in the red zone all day. This was one of the most boring SBs I can ever recall watching.
    By the same token, I thought the Patriots were there for the taking -- just not by the Rams. After the near loss in the AFC championship and last night, I do think Brady is finally on the down swing -- he's just still very, very good, and you have to have the right team to beat them. And, of course, Belichek is still a master, which doesn't hurt.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't know man... I've watched 0-0 pitching gems that are hugely entertaining. This would have been a 0-0 game where both teams had multiple fielding errors, neither pitcher can find the strike zone and no batter hit a ball out of the infield.
    This was the football equivalent of what the Devils did to win 3 Cups in the 90s.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

I also thought the game was meh. The halftime show is alright. The commercials had some few good ones (i.e. M&M's with Christina Applegate).

If I had to do my Top Five list of Greatest Sports Dynasties of all-time, I go like this.

1. New York Yankees 1920-1964
    2. Boston Celtics 1957-1969
    3. New England Patriots 2001-present
    4. Montreal Canadiens 1965-1979
    5. Chicago Bulls 1991-1998

Thread Information