+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Mlb.tv

  1. #1
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Mlb.tv

    Looks like they drop the price a little - $116. I think it was 129 or 130 last year. If you are vet or have a college student there is a $40 discount

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Looks like they drop the price a little - $116. I think it was 129 or 130 last year. If you are vet or have a college student there is a $40 discount
    Thanks for the heads up - I just cancelled my automatic renewal. Since I am a disabled vet, let's see what discount they offer.

    At worst, I get the same price as last year.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  3. #3

    Re: Mlb.tv

    It's about $45 on Father's Day if you are able to wait

  4. #4
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    It's about $45 on Father's Day if you are able to wait
    Thanks for the counsel - if I can get $40 off this price (you have to go through an ID.me process to be verified), it's a 33% savings off the full price. I'll take that from day one.

    FOLLOWUP - I went through the ID.me process to get verified, then went through the order process. It is actually a 35% off the list price offer AND the discount applies to the associated "ADD miLB.tv for $25" offer as well, so you get miLB.tv for around $16 after discount.

    Very good deal.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: Mlb.tv

    OMFG. The commercial breaks are so annoying this year. They show the same 7 clips over and over again.

    Here's 50 cent throwing out the first pitch, here's Prince Fielder eating a nacho, here's Bartolo Colon doing a behind the back toss....

    Terribleness. They need to fix this.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  6. #6

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Anyone who has T-Mobile for their wireless service can get mlb.tv for free this season via T-Mobile Tuesday’s. Deal will be live March 27

  7. #7
    Forever the Optimist geoffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hell aka Texas

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    OMFG. The commercial breaks are so annoying this year. They show the same 7 clips over and over again.

    Here's 50 cent throwing out the first pitch, here's Prince Fielder eating a nacho, here's Bartolo Colon doing a behind the back toss....

    Terribleness. They need to fix this.
    They did this for a bit last season or the season before and then killed it. I am REALLY hoping they kill it again soon because it royally sucks. Id rather have a blank "commercial break in progress" logo.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

    I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Anyone who has T-Mobile for their wireless service can get mlb.tv for free this season via T-Mobile Tuesday’s. Deal will be live March 27
    Thanks for the heads up. I got it last year and it was very nice to have.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    They did this for a bit last season or the season before and then killed it. I am REALLY hoping they kill it again soon because it royally sucks. Id rather have a blank "commercial break in progress" logo.
    In Brazil, that's all I get. I guess no advertisers are paying for Brazilian audience.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  10. #10
    Forever the Optimist geoffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hell aka Texas

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    In Brazil, that's all I get. I guess no advertisers are paying for Brazilian audience.
    Its actually just the same few clips from mlb.com and not actual commercials. You get to see Paul Oneill kick a baseball, Prince Fielder eat a nacho, and a couple more that just keep repeating themselves every break. It gets real old real quick.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

    I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

  11. #11

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Anyone who has T-Mobile for their wireless service can get mlb.tv for free this season via T-Mobile Tuesday’s. Deal will be live March 27
    Glad to see this is back will be taking full advantage.

    Does anyone know if you can cast MLB.TV from the phone to t.v? How does it work?

    For what it's worth:

    https://www.droid-life.com/2018/02/2...e-mlb-tv-2018/

    If you’re curious if your account is eligible, so long as you can claim T-Mobile Tuesday gifts, you can likely claim this. Simply open up the app on March 27, redeem the offer, then create your new MLB.TV account to start watching baseball.

    Here’s the small print, some of which is very important if you’re an existing MLB.TV subscriber or if you plan on sharing this with anyone that’s not on the T-Mobile network.

    Must be connected to T-Mobile’s network to sign up; redemption not available over Wi-Fi or while roaming. New 2018 MLB.TV subscribers only; current subscribers must cancel by 8:00 p.m. ET on March 23, 2018 to be eligible. Access from max 10 devices; not for use on other carriers’ wireless devices.


    Speaking from personal experience, if you redeem this offer and want to share it with someone (your wife, boyfriend, etc.), ensure they do not connect to the service on a different carrier’s network. That will void the terms and T-Mobile will shut down your MLB account. It’s not fun and you lose out on a great offer.

    This offer goes live March 27, so get ready!
    Last edited by Brooklyn Yankee Fan; 02-28-18 at 03:08 PM.

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Does anyone know if you can cast MLB.TV from the phone to t.v? How does it work?
    I have cast MLB.tv to my TV in the past - I got a LG TV last year and the LG app sucks (it hasn't been updated since something like 2014), so I had to cast for a bit (android). Ultimately, I got a Roku, which works great.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  13. #13

    Re: Mlb.tv

    my daughter has a T Mobile account, could she sign up and I could watch on my smart TV or is it for viewing on mobile phone only on T Mobile network?

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    my daughter has a T Mobile account, could she sign up and I could watch on my smart TV or is it for viewing on mobile phone only on T Mobile network?
    Absolutely. I used it on my desktop over cable internet connecting to my TV's HDMI. What you can do is give your mlb.com login to your daughter. When she redeems she uses that account. T-mobile will ask for an mlb.tv account. You then have that account fully live for the whole season. Just don't try on a non-T-mobile phone on that phones cellular data. It works on the mlb.tv website as well as the At Bat app on devices. I also used it on the AtBat app on my Android tablet over lots of different wi-fis, no issue.

    I have to do something similar with my son this year since I will still be in Brazil, and therefore roaming, when this happens.

    You could probably use your non-T-mobile phone over wi-fi with cellular data disabled, but you would have to be sure AtBat stayed asleep when cellular data was on. Kind of risky.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  15. #15

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Absolutely. I used it on my desktop over cable internet connecting to my TV's HDMI. What you can do is give your mlb.com login to your daughter. When she redeems she uses that account. T-mobile will ask for an mlb.tv account. You then have that account fully live for the whole season. Just don't try on a non-T-mobile phone on that phones cellular data. It works on the mlb.tv website as well as the At Bat app on devices. I also used it on the AtBat app on my Android tablet over lots of different wi-fis, no issue.

    I have to do something similar with my son this year since I will still be in Brazil, and therefore roaming, when this happens.

    You could probably use your non-T-mobile phone over wi-fi with cellular data disabled, but you would have to be sure AtBat stayed asleep when cellular data was on. Kind of risky.
    Thanks for all that info.

    If I access At Bat app on cellular will that void it? No way I get through a season ( or a week) just on wifi for At Bat.

  16. #16

    Re: Mlb.tv

    I read somewhere in the FAQ section that “On or about Feb. 21” my subscription would be automatically renewed and my bank account charged. Hasn’t happened yet. Anyone?

  17. #17
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    I read somewhere in the FAQ section that “On or about Feb. 21” my subscription would be automatically renewed and my bank account charged. Hasn’t happened yet. Anyone?
    I got an email saying the 28th. I am enjoying, as I do every year, watching games from Florida and Arizona.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Thanks for all that info.

    If I access At Bat app on cellular will that void it? No way I get through a season ( or a week) just on wifi for At Bat.
    That what it says. Unless it's T-mobile cellular. I have T-mobile so I'm no expert on that part.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  19. #19
    Released Outright teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Glad to see this is back will be taking full advantage.

    Does anyone know if you can cast MLB.TV from the phone to t.v? How does it work?

    For what it's worth:

    https://www.droid-life.com/2018/02/2...e-mlb-tv-2018/
    You can use this on a laptop on a wired connection FWIW -- doesn't have to be Verizon.

  20. #20
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    OMFG. The commercial breaks are so annoying this year. They show the same 7 clips over and over again.

    Here's 50 cent throwing out the first pitch, here's Prince Fielder eating a nacho, here's Bartolo Colon doing a behind the back toss....

    Terribleness. They need to fix this.
    I honestly can't believe they haven't figured out a way to stream local advertising to users. Seems like a huge revenue opportunity that they could (but prolly wouldn't) use to bring subscription costs down.

  21. #21

    Re: Mlb.tv

    I have Direct TV. I got both MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings for around 170. Split into 6 equal payments

  22. #22

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I got an email saying the 28th. I am enjoying, as I do every year, watching games from Florida and Arizona.
    Thanks for the reply. They ended up getting me on the 28th.

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Anyone who has T-Mobile for their wireless service can get mlb.tv for free this season via T-Mobile Tuesday’s. Deal will be live March 27
    Today's the day, people!!!! Don't miss this deal if you have t-mobile.

    Audio / Video Subscriptions
    2018 MLB.TV Yearly Access
    Subscription Status
    Your 2018 MLB.TV Yearly Access is currently active
    Your subscription expires on Thursday, February 28, 2019.

    Subscription FAQS Support Forum
    Use of MLB.TV constitutes acceptance of the MLB.com Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
    https://www.t-mobiletuesdays.com/
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  24. #24

  25. #25
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Mlb.tv

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Since you linked it, there is a clarification needed to that article:

    Must be connected to T-Mobile’s network to sign up; redemption not available over Wi-Fi or while roaming. New 2018 MLB.TV subscribers only; current subscribers must cancel by 8:00 p.m. ET on March 23, 2018 to be eligible. Access from max 10 devices; not for use on other carriers’ wireless devices.
    The bolded is true if you try to use the app on your T-mobile phone, but if you use the website link in my post above you can redeem it on any internet connection. I just did it from Brazil and all I had to do was receive a text code on my T-Mobile phone while roaming international.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts