• Over

7 10.77%
  • Under

58 89.23%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Can't resist posting this ...

Maybe heíll hit better if he gets his rug back. It really tied the room together.

Re: 2018 Greg Bird Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Wrong thread?

Wrong thread, same obsession.
    Call me an anti-Semite? Stop it! Iím anti-termite :
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmRm7jfVAAANxs4.jpg

Give me your tired, your poor, your rock throwers...

Quote Originally Posted by PetJetMo View Post
    By the way, my opinion of his pitching goes beyond these last two starts. Just look at my comments in his 2015 thread, even when he was putting up decent numbers. It has more to do with his stuff, including a very-hittable, straight fastball and inconsistent slider and in relation to his being considered a future ace or something really special as we are being sold. I definitely see him as a major league pitcher, but just about every club has a Luis Severino on their roster or in the minors. I just don't see him being a stand out, elite pitcher (hope I'm wrong), nor do I think we need to put such pressure on the kid, as most Yankee fans, including myself, do or have done.

Your words....... Mr ArodEra.

Greg Bird will be a very good hitter. He has the perfect swing for right field in Yankee Stadium. Just give him a chance to get healthy and he will be a solid first baseman with home run power.
    Everyone that posts here, including myself, has been wrong on more than one occasion. What does bringing up three year old posts in regards to Severino have to do with Greg Bird's current struggles?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Everyone that posts here, including myself, has been wrong on more than one occasion. What does bringing up three year old posts in regards to Severino have to do with Greg Bird's current struggles?

Thanks, man. That poster has a history of doing this.
    Call me an anti-Semite? Stop it! Iím anti-termite :
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmRm7jfVAAANxs4.jpg

Give me your tired, your poor, your rock throwers...

↓ Sign this guy, Hal ↓ Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

His 2018 numbers after 83 AB are pretty much in line with his abysmal 2017 production after 147 AB:
    • 2017: .190/.288/.422/.710
    • 2018: .193/.295/.398/.693

This appears to be much more than a slump.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

I'm amazed he has 5 RBIs this season. FIVE RBIs!!!!???

He's got a beautiful swing. Just not effective.

1B production was markedly better with the Tyler Austin & friends platoon. A shame Austin fell off the cliff when he realized Bird was just going to take the job when he got healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
    1B production was markedly better with the Tyler Austin & friends platoon. A shame Austin fell off the cliff when he realized Bird was just going to take the job when he got healthy.
    Austin had two good weeks in April. The rest of the time he was off the cliff.

1B Miguel Flames is raking to the tune of .353 for the RiverDogs. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    His 2018 numbers after 83 AB are pretty much in line with his abysmal 2017 production after 147 AB:
    • 2017: .190/.288/.422/.710
    • 2018: .193/.295/.398/.693

This appears to be much more than a slump.
    It's puzzling to say the least. I don't expect him to hit for average as he pulls everything into the shift. But the other numbers are very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Austin had two good weeks in April. The rest of the time he was off the cliff.
    I dunno, from the start of the season until May 2nd he was the regular 1B. After that, Bird began playing in the minors and Austin knew he was done and I'm guessing it got to his head.

And from the start until May 2nd, he was 5 homers 16 homers .261/.329/.565.

No question he totally stunk after that period, but it was a decent sustained period.

I dunno, from the start of the season until May 2nd he was the regular 1B. After that, Bird began playing in the minors and Austin knew he was done and I'm guessing it got to his head.

And from the start until May 2nd, he was 5 homers 16 homers .261/.329/.565.

No question he totally stunk after that period, but it was a decent sustained period.
    He hit from 4/7 - 4/25. That was it.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    He hit from 4/7 - 4/25. That was it.
    I'm not saying Austin is any good. But put it this way: in all the games NOT counting from 4/7 to 4/25, Austin hit 5 homers and drove in 12 RBIs. Compare that with what Bird has done. I'm not even saying he should be back, I'm just saying Bird sucks.

Suspended

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    1B Miguel Flames is raking to the tune of .353 for the RiverDogs. Just sayin'.
    Bring him up, just so we can hear Sterling's home run call!

0 for this last 15

Oh madonne

An opposite-field RBI single and a walk so far tonight. Baby steps.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

I'm not saying Austin is any good. But put it this way: in all the games NOT counting from 4/7 to 4/25, Austin hit 5 homers and drove in 12 RBIs. Compare that with what Bird has done. I'm not even saying he should be back, I'm just saying Bird sucks.
    I wish Bird were giving me some way to argue that, but he isnít.

Suspended

He's looking like he's swinging under water at the moment.

Those comps will become an insult to Nick Johnson if he continues doing what he's doing. At least NJ produced when he was on the field.

*Still believe in GB but he has got to start performing.

Suspended

“I think he’s healthy,’’ Boone said. “The injury is fixed. The biggest thing is he had surgery and just like a guy has arm surgery and you’re fine and good to go, I think there are still things to work through. I think that’s fair and I think he probably is, in a way, working through and building that stamina, if you will, that allows you to repeat things and get back to the hitter we know he is.”

Whatever the reason, Bird has been woeful at the plate, both during spring training — before he got a bone spur removed from his right ankle — and in 26 regular-season games entering Tuesday had a .677 OPS. That would be the worst OPS among qualifying first basemen if Bird had enough plate appearances.

“Even though he hasn’t impacted the ball yet like we know he can … I still feel there are signs that would suggest he’s close enough,’’ Boone said, pointing to Boone’s plate discipline. “Hopefully as he builds up his strength and stamina, it starts to turn into more impactful swings on a nightly basis.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/26/why-br...-bird-problem/

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    An opposite-field RBI single and a walk so far tonight. Baby steps.
    I really wish he would use that opposite field approach more often. Unfortunately, I think he's going to continue to pull ground balls into the shift and settle in as a .220 -.230 hitter.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I really wish he would use that opposite field approach more often. Unfortunately, I think he's going to continue to pull ground balls into the shift and settle in as a .220 -.230 hitter.
    I wish they would tattoo this comment on the inside of the eyelids of everyone who is struggling.

This launch angle pull everything hitting philosophy is driving me nuts.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Annnnnd just like that, his wRC+ is now at 110

Thread Information