+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Waiting for Gleyber: The Torres Watch

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    So CC is now pitching Thursday. I would have preferred him to pitch Tuesday against a bad team.
    CC against a good team is way better than Cessa pitching against any team.

Gleyber rules (getting things back on topic). Bring him up Wednesday.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Gleyber “not swinging the bat well” Torres had another hit and run scored today. Batting .385 at AAA

NYYF Legend

Gleyber Torres, the Yankees top position prospect, is batting close to .400 over his first nine games at Class AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre while second baseman Tyler Wade has batted under .100 and third baseman Brandon Drury (migraines, blurred vision) is on the DL.

Via video, “I’ve been watching a lot of his at-bats the last couple of days,’’ Boone said of Torres. “He’s been getting his hits earlier, but I don’t feel like he was locked in by any means.’’

Due to Torres’s defensive versatility, Boone would be comfortable using him at third base, second base, or shortstop (if needed) at the big-league level, but his call-up to the Yankees might not happen on this homestand.

“Ideally, when he came up here, you’d have him at one (defensive) spot,’’ said Boone, not wanting to shuttle Torres around. And when Torres does come up, it’ll be when the club feels he’s ready – and there’s an opportunity - to be an everyday impact player.
    https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...now/519606002/

NYYF Triple Crown

Thanks Brian determines when Torres is called up and if Andujar is sent down especially now that Torres has the extra year after Wed/Thurs and Andujar needs about 30 more days in SWB. I am looking forward to seeing Torres.

The one puzzle for me it was reported on Rotoworld Clint cleared the concussion protocol about 2 weeks ago so I don't understand the delay now. I don't think he even started yet.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    The one puzzle for me it was reported on Rotoworld Clint cleared the concussion protocol about 2 weeks ago so I don't understand the delay now. I don't think he even started yet.
    I think they're taking it very slow with Frazier. He played in a simulated game 10 days ago, so they're hopefully just easing him back in shortly.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Concussions are very tricky. Once you clear protocol you start on light activity at first, especially if you’ve had a long recovery before being cleared. It doesn’t mean once you clear protocol you are 100% ready for full activity.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

The Braves are calling up Acuna.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    The Braves are calling up Acuna.
    So the date has passed?
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    So the date has passed?
    Wait, maybe they're not. There's a lot of chatter on Twitter, but nothing from anyone official.

I think maybe Braves fans thought today was the date (but it's not), and now they're furious?

NYYF Legend

Wait, maybe they're not. There's a lot of chatter on Twitter, but nothing from anyone official.

I think maybe Braves fans thought today was the date (but it's not), and now they're furious?
    I read one article that the date is past but I haven't confirmed.

Acuna is not hitting in AAA yet SSS disclaimer but his call up is a matter of when not if. Him stuggling in AAA while Tucker(?) is hitting in MLB just makes the decision to keep him down defensible.

If the control issue is done then it just becomes a super-2 issue or not with the Braves since they aren't winning this year with or without him.

If I did the Math right we are passed the control point even if there is an extra day added for 1 game playoff as I believe there are 186 days in MLB this year and 173 is YOS so anything past 13 days off opening day roster means you can't get a full year this year unless you had partial service coming in like Andujar did.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

I hope this late callup doesn't hinder his ability to put up a 10+ WAR
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

I read one article that the date is past but I haven't confirmed.

Acuna is not hitting in AAA yet SSS disclaimer but his call up is a matter of when not if. Him stuggling in AAA while Tucker(?) is hitting in MLB just makes the decision to keep him down defensible.

If the control issue is done then it just becomes a super-2 issue or not with the Braves since they aren't winning this year with or without him.

If I did the Math right we are passed the control point even if there is an extra day added for 1 game playoff as I believe there are 186 days in MLB this year and 173 is YOS so anything past 13 days off opening day roster means you can't get a full year this year unless you had partial service coming in like Andujar did.
    People have said that it has to be 20 days or the get retroactive time, too.

The same applies if you try and send him down for 5 days in July and call him back up - if it's not 20 days, he gets ML credit for those 5 days even though he was in the minors.

NYYF Legend

People have said that it has to be 20 days or the get retroactive time, too.

The same applies if you try and send him down for 5 days in July and call him back up - if it's not 20 days, he gets ML credit for those 5 days even though he was in the minors.
    Oh I did not realize it applied to initial call up.

I know the 20 day applies for service spanning (I've mentioned it a few times) but I thought that only applied if you were on the MLB roster at the end of last year or if you got sent down during the year. Didn't realize it applied to the start of the season.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

I can totally see Gleyber getting a callup in May
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Oh I did not realize it applied to initial call up.

I know the 20 day applies for service spanning (I've mentioned it a few times) but I thought that only applied if you were on the MLB roster at the end of last year or if you got sent down during the year. Didn't realize it applied to the start of the season.
    I don't know that it does - I was just throwing it out there because everyone from you to Rosenthal has mentioned it as a [potential?] factor with these initial callups.

Writing on the wall: Andujar put up now because we're grooming Torres for your spot. If they want Torres at a single position now 2B is a tough fit unless Walker is always at 1B which may happen soon when Austin's suspension kicks in. Still, that's short term. The really interesting thing will be if Drury is ready soon.

I'd personally still put Torres at 2B, keep Walker at 1B, and then roll with Andujar until Drury is back at 3B. And Tyler Austin gives someone a rest against LHP. Tyler Wade goes to AAA and plays everywhere every day. Torres' playing 3B regularly and Boone's comments seem to indicate that Andujar is in trouble not Wade though.

NYYF Legend

I don't know that it does - I was just throwing it out there because everyone from you to Rosenthal has mentioned it as a [potential?] factor with these initial callups.
    The more I read the more I'm convinced that for players who have never been up in the majors there is no service spanning to worry about and that April 13 was the magic date this year, assuming no 1 game regular season playoff at the end of the year.

But I'm not a CBA expert so I guess there could be exceptions.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

@RailRidersTT

Well here's something:

Cody Asche is pinch hitting for Gleyber Torres in the fifth inning.

8:20 PM - 16 Apr 2018
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    @RailRidersTT

Well here's something:

Cody Asche is pinch hitting for Gleyber Torres in the fifth inning.

8:20 PM - 16 Apr 2018
    Let's hope he's not injured. Why would you call him up a day early before you get that extra year?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Let's hope he's not injured. Why would you call him up a day early before you get that extra year?
    To get him settled in New York. They don’t have to make the roster move until Wed.
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

Ugh, can't help but think injury.

What are the field conditions like tonight? Maybe it's a precautionary pull?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I don't like this.

NYYF Legend

Another possibility? He's being traded.
    Calmer than you are

Another possibility? He's being traded.
    Too early in the season

Thread Information