+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Waiting for Gleyber: The Torres Watch

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    No thanks, I'll leave to twitter to our president
    Trump will be blocked on Muggser, the reason this will take off.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

4 extra base hits for Andujar in the last two games, maybe just in time.

My guess is that Gleyber plays 2B tomorrow after six straight at 3B and comes up as a 2B within the week. Drury maybe back soon makes this even more confusing but it's also possible they have decided his arm isn't really strong enough for 3B (which I would agree with, on limited visual evidence) and he will go back to the 2B pool. They've said they'd prefer that Gleyber stick for good at one position once he is up, so if that really is 3B, that would seem to impact Andujar and Drury as well as future Machado possibilities. That is still leaving out Walker and Wade and budding superstar Torreyes...

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    4 extra base hits for Andujar in the last two games, maybe just in time.

My guess is that Gleyber plays 2B tomorrow after six straight at 3B and comes up as a 2B within the week. Drury maybe back soon makes this even more confusing but it's also possible they have decided his arm isn't really strong enough for 3B (which I would agree with, on limited visual evidence) and he will go back to the 2B pool. They've said they'd prefer that Gleyber stick for good at one position once he is up, so if that really is 3B, that would seem to impact Andujar and Drury as well as future Machado possibilities. That is still leaving out Walker and Wade and budding superstar Torreyes...
    Drury possibly to second base is what I have been saying.

Drury isn't injured and the little reporting from the results of his test, have been good. So it isn't has if he's out or thought to be for awhile. Yet Torres remains at 3B.

I think Walker and Torreyes just become backups once Bird and Drury come back and Torres is up.

Wade is sent down.

I would personally send Wade down for Torres and put Torres at 2nd and Andujar at 3rd. When Drury is fully healthy, send Andujar down until you gain the extra year.

Once he gains the extra year, call him back up and between Torres/Andujar/Drury/Walker you have enough options to cover 2nd/3rd.

It would be nice to have a definitive report that he isn't hurt. I guess if he's in tomorrow night's game that will be as close to definitive as we're going to get.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    It would be nice to have a definitive report that he isn't hurt. I guess if he's in tomorrow night's game that will be as close to definitive as we're going to get.
    I get the impression that the major news outlets in NYC area, YES chiefly among them, don't understand the level of interest Yankee fans have in this generation of prospects. They're still in 2005-ish "It's all about Jeter and A-Rod and Giambi and the established stars" mode, except now the names are Judge, Stanton, Sanchez. Hell, YES ought to have a Scranton/Trenton-dedicated reporter at the very least. It's not like you're sending them to Vladivostok.

Or maybe it's me, and places like this make me think more people care than actually do.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    I would personally send Wade down for Torres and put Torres at 2nd and Andujar at 3rd. When Drury is fully healthy, send Andujar down until you gain the extra year.
    This is exactly what I'd do. Look to have Drury at third and Gleyber at second when the team is going full bore.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

And this:

Conor Foley
    @RailRidersTT

More
    On Gleyber Torres:

RailRiders manager Bobby Mitchell said Gleyber reported a little bit of tightness and that the team wasn't going take any chances. Will reevaluate Tuesday.

"He's fine," Mitchell said.

11:34 PM - 16 Apr 2018
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

He shouldn't be in tomorrow's game, it makes no sense. Let him play the next series, if he isn't called up by then (if healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I get the impression that the major news outlets in NYC area, YES chiefly among them, don't understand the level of interest Yankee fans have in this generation of prospects. They're still in 2005-ish "It's all about Jeter and A-Rod and Giambi and the established stars" mode, except now the names are Judge, Stanton, Sanchez. Hell, YES ought to have a Scranton/Trenton-dedicated reporter at the very least. It's not like you're sending them to Vladivostok.

Or maybe it's me, and places like this make me think more people care than actually do.
    Maybe not to the extent you want them to be, but YES does have programs like Homegrown: Path to Pinstripes that they're promoting again and will start in early May.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post

As someone else pointed out, there are shows on YES that highlight the prospect side of things. And there are shows on the MLB network which talk about draft prospects and the top 100 prospects according to baseball america etc etc..

So I do think it is getting better. But there are a still a ton of casual fans, especially for high profile teams like the Yankees, who only know and care about the players when the show up on the MLB team..
    I have a lot of Yankee fan friends who know nothing of the pipeline, they come to me when someone they don't recognize shows up.. To some of them, the arrival of Gleyber Torres is no more or less exciting than the arrival of Jace Peterson.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    As someone else pointed out, there are shows on YES that highlight the prospect side of things. And there are shows on the MLB network which talk about draft prospects and the top 100 prospects according to baseball america etc etc..

So I do think it is getting better. But there are a still a ton of casual fans, especially for high profile teams like the Yankees, who only know and care about the players when the show up on the MLB team..
    I have a lot of Yankee fan friends who know nothing of the pipeline, they come to me when someone they don't recognize shows up.. To some of them, the arrival of Gleyber Torres is no more or less exciting than the arrival of Jace Peterson.
    I think YES and the Yankees recognize that a segment of Yankee fans are very interested in Yankee prospects. Fans generally have a deeper affection for homegrown talent. That being said, like you, I think they're more interested in them when they're actually playing in Yankee Stadium on a regular basis. Sure, there are minor league geeks like myself that buy the MiLB TV package every year and tries to take a road trip every year to see some Yankee minor league baseball, but I doubt there are enough of us to increase such programming on YES. I wish there was, but YES must have some marketing data to base their programming decisions on.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Registered Account Donnybaseball72's Avatar

Traditionally Yankee fans an the beat writers have little if any patience for a developing prospect. The fact that Judge and Sanchez had such prolific rookie years makes it harder for the next batch to win support of the typical fan that doesn't follow the farm like many do here. Some are so surprised to find out that the next big thing on the Yankees roster even came from our farm. Last year my best friend didn't believe me when I said I had been following Judge since he was drafted. A few years ago my father-in-law asked me where Betances pitched prior to his rookie year and I was like "uh, AAA".

WFAN and ESPN radio aren't much of a help either. Do any of the hosts even know who Gleyber is? When an injury occurs to a Yankees the discussion automatically focuses on a trade instead of a simple callup. It's very frustrating to read and hear this since all 29 other fanbases will look to their farm for reinforcements first. I just feel that for a fanbase as large and knowledgable as the Yankees the majority are painfully clueless about our farm system. They days of overhyped flameouts like Henson and Reuban Rivera are long over yet most are still skeptical of another rookie in the lineup or rotation.

Man I sure hope this Torres kid can pitch.

NYYF Legend

Seth Rothman
    @SethDRothman
    Gleyber Torres back in the lineup today for the Railriders after suffering back stiffness a couple days ago. https://twitter.com/swbrailriders/st...21258816196608

11:16 AM - Apr 18, 2018
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Doubled in his first AB today.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    Doubled in his first AB today.
    Bring him up! What are they waiting for?

It's time..

NYYF Legend

I don't understand why he is still at 3B. Andujar is starting to hit, and Drury might be back soon. 2B is the bigger hole at the moment.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Spanks 2B in first AB. Call him the F up and plant at 2B.

Walker can't move at 2B and Wade can't hit.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Spanks 2B in first AB. Call him the F up and plant at 2B.

Walker can't move at 2B and Wade can't hit.
    Walker can't hit either this year. He really needs to be brought up and given the 2B job; 2B is a black hole right now.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Walker can't hit either this year. He really needs to be brought up and given the 2B job; 2B is a black hole right now.
    Stephen Drew is available.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Stephen Drew is available.
    I'm not sure super massive black hole is an upgrade over black hole in this instance
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

Finished 1-2 2B. 2BB.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Thread Information