+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Re: Waiting for Gleyber: The Torres Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Yeah, weíre not benching our leadoff hitter who is great at working the count and has a high OBP for another right handed hitter who is a significant downgrade defensively.
    I believe Clint Frazier will give this team an extra spark. I love the way he plays the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Itís going to be tough to keep Andujar out of the lineup with the way heís been hitting. We shall see.
    Yup. Even if they hate his defense at 3B, play him at 1B. His bat demands being in the lineup right now. But I think heíll make due at 3B and Torreyes can be his defensive replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by TorreFan66 View Post
    I believe Clint Frazier will give this team an extra spark. I love the way he plays the game.
    He needs to rake and probably needs an injury. Gardner and Hicks are much better OFs and Judge and Stanton are Judge and Stanton. Then you got a guy like Tyler Austin who has earned time at DH or 1B against lefties when everyone is healthy. If Frazierís not traded though would be happy to see him used in some role late in the season to give guys a rest. I still expect a trade unless things go wrong and his value tanks.

The Gleyber Era is upon us.

NYYF Legend

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game.

NYYF Triple Crown

Torres' arrival won't impact Yankees as much as we'd like to think. Offense is the least of our problems now. But this is someone that I've been waiting for since last season. Exciting time for Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Torres' arrival won't impact Yankees as much as we'd like to think. Offense is the least of our problems now. But this is someone that I've been waiting for since last season. Exciting time for Yankee fans.
    You mean Torres isn't the savior?
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

NYYF Legend

Torres' arrival won't impact Yankees as much as we'd like to think. Offense is the least of our problems now.
    You mean he can't also pitch?

NYYF Legend

Ironically he’ll probably be a downgrade offensively given the 179 OPS+ Torreyes is currently rocking
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Ironically heíll probably be a downgrade offensively given the 179 OPS+ Torreyes is currently rocking

In fact, at 179 OPS+, Torreyes should be able to fetch us a top-of-the-rotation starter. Get it done, Cash.

Gleyber today threw down his bat in disgust, was pulled from the game and actually thought was the reason.

Which brings me to Aaron Judge. I've talked a little bit about how his prodigious power obscures what a good hitter he is and Sherman has a real good article up now on just that.

But he's missing a big point. Sure the approach and thought process has made Judge much more than a power threat. You see his adjustment game to game, AB to AB. But I think the most impressive part is his demeanor. That's what is taking him to the highest level there is.

Talent, approach, Yes, yes, yes. But never let them see you sweat. I've seen at least three ABs this year that the umps took away from him by their trike zone. Judge? He barely bats an eye when that happens.

I have a hard time understanding that because that's not me. But being able to just put everything behind him, is the mental skill or personality trait that truly separates Judge from The Best. And it will continue to be a huge benefit as he ages.

Something for Gleyber to learn, but that's much easier said than done.

NYYF Legend

Welcome to the Bigs kid
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Gleyber today threw down his bat in disgust, was pulled from the game and actually thought was the reason.

Which brings me to Aaron Judge. I've talked a little bit about how his prodigious power obscures what a good hitter he is and Sherman has a real good article up now on just that.

But he's missing a big point. Sure the approach and thought process has made Judge much more than a power threat. You see his adjustment game to game, AB to AB. But I think the most impressive part is his demeanor. That's what is taking him to the highest level there is.

Talent, approach, Yes, yes, yes. But never let them see you sweat. I've seen at least three ABs this year that the umps took away from him by their trike zone. Judge? He barely bats an eye when that happens.

I have a hard time understanding that because that's not me. But being able to just put everything behind him, is the mental skill or personality trait that truly separates Judge from The Best. And it will continue to be a huge benefit as he ages.

I agree with everything you've said about Judge -- his makeup is off the charts.

I don't know anything about Torres and his personality ... I hope he's got the right kind of makeup to be successful long term, but there are lots of ways for that to be true, i.e. he doesn't have to be a Judge clone to find his way.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post

Agreed.

Judge has a uncanny ability to learn AB by AB and also keep an even temper despite some terrible strike calls below his knee caps.

A lot were wondering about Judge in 2018, but so far he has given us a pretty good idea that this is really Aaron Judge. He is a GREAT player and person. His adjustments are profound.

Id like Gleyber to just be himself and not try to be a power hitter like most of our lineup, trying to fit in. I think Andujar was clearly pressing to start his 2018 and Stanton is still pressing to hit 4 HRs a game. Lets hope Torres gets his first hit out of the way today and make some nice plays at 2nd.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

Batting 8th and played 2nd today. Good luck kid!
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Gleyber Day Weekend ! (very quick summer)
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Just lose number 25
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Agreed.

Judge has a uncanny ability to learn AB by AB and also keep an even temper despite some terrible strike calls below his knee caps.

A lot were wondering about Judge in 2018, but so far he has given us a pretty good idea that this is really Aaron Judge. He is a GREAT player and person. His adjustments are profound.

Id like Gleyber to just be himself and not try to be a power hitter like most of our lineup, trying to fit in. I think Andujar was clearly pressing to start his 2018 and Stanton is still pressing to hit 4 HRs a game. Lets hope Torres gets his first hit out of the way today and make some nice plays at 2nd.

Everyone seems to forget that Judge is a superb OF'er

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by TorreFan66 View Post
    By the end of the year our lineup needs be the following:

Torres-2B
    Judge-RF
    Didi-SS
    Stanton-DH
    Sanchez-C
    Bird-1B
    Andujar-3B
    Frazier-RF
    Hicks-CF

Gardner to the bench
    I wouldn't put Gardner on the bench, and I definitely wouldn't play both Judge and Frazier in Right Field. I know shifts are the big thing right now, but I think it's important to have a Left Fielder.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I definitely wouldn't play both Judge and Frazier in Right Field. I know shifts are the big thing right now, but I think it's important to have a Left Fielder.
    I just let it go..

Thought of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZubB22edw

Thread Information