+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: Tampa spring training

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    That’s kind of unfair to just toss out an inflammatory comment like that without elaborating, don’t you think? I’ve used Vivid, StubHub & Ticketnetwork for 8+ years and while neither is perfect, I think most would tell you Vivid customer service and common sense resolving issues tends to be a notch or two above that of StubHub. I would say 75% or more of the tickets listed on SH are also listed on Vivid and the prices are nearly always better on Vivid. Both have apps which make mobile buying easy. It’s kind of like comparing Coke vs Pepsi but if I had to choose between the two I would give Vivid the edge

The comment is fair and I elaborated on it in an earlier post and UI will not repeat myself. What is unfair about me saying that I had a terrible experience and I will never use them again. It is the truth and based on my experience. If you want further experience just look up how the Better Business Bureau perceives them. Thay have has a multitude of complaints.

I did not tell anyone not to use them, I told them how I felt

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    That’s kind of unfair to just toss out an inflammatory comment like that without elaborating, don’t you think? I’ve used Vivid, StubHub & Ticketnetwork for 8+ years and while neither is perfect, I think most would tell you Vivid customer service and common sense resolving issues tends to be a notch or two above that of StubHub. I would say 75% or more of the tickets listed on SH are also listed on Vivid and the prices are nearly always better on Vivid. Both have apps which make mobile buying easy. It’s kind of like comparing Coke vs Pepsi but if I had to choose between the two I would give Vivid the edge
    The reason you see such high overlap is that Vivid sellers will list with the Skybox platform which lists tickets on both Stubhub and Vivid and then removes from the other when tickets sell. In N attempt to drive traffic Vivid sometimes lowers their fee resulting in a better price for the buyer. Vivid is also more flexible in delivery methods allowing for meet and greet. I think the service at stubhub us slightly better but Vivids is still much bett r than adequate and not had any issues with it

One last point. Sellers often list the in hand date as late as they possibly can to make sure they are not given “demerits” by SH or vivid for late delivery. As such it is possible you may end p with your tickets earlier than indicated
    Last edited by YankeeJimBeam; 02-20-18 at 08:15 AM. Reason: typo corrected

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    The reason you see such high overlap is that Vivid sellers will list with the Skybox platform which lists tickets on both Stubhub and Vivid and then removes from the other when tickets sell. In N attempt to drive traffic Vivid sometimes lowers their fee resulting in a better price for the buyer. Vivid is also more flexible in delivery methods allowing for meet and greet. I think the service at stubhub us slightly better but Vivids is still much bett r than adequate and not had any issues with it

One lady point. Sellers often list the in hand date as late as they possibly can to make sure they are not given “demerits” by SH or vivid for late delivery. As such it is possible you may end p with your tickets earlier than indicated

You are correct regarding Skybox but that can also be said for most if not all of the Point of Sale systems that professional ticket brokers use- they can usually broadcast inventory out to multiple secondary markets including the three biggest- SH, Vivid & Tnet as well as many of the others- Event Inventory, TM +, Ticket City, Viagogo, etc.

Since roughly 80% of the tickets listed for sale on SH are broker listings, that is why such a high % of those are also found on other sites such as Vivid and almost always at a lower “final price” which is the biggest, but by no means the only reason that I prefer Vivid.

Nome/Andy- if your “comment is fair” and as you say, you elaborated on it in an earlier post and claim you “will not repeat yourself”, can I ask then why you felt the need to do exactly that and repeat your negative comments regarding Vivid Seats? Was one time not enough or is this the exception to your rule regarding repeating yourself? Can we expect more of this going forward?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    One lady point. Sellers often list the in hand date as late as they possibly can to make sure they are not given “demerits” by SH or vivid for late delivery. As such it is possible you may end p with your tickets earlier than indicated
    I think a man could have made that point just as well.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I think a man could have made that point just as well.
    thanks for pointing out the typo. I have corrected it

Thread Information