+ Reply to Thread

Legal YES Streaming sans FiOS

Hi all,

Moving into my first apartment in a months time, and I'm weighing the options of paying for one FiOS box, or "cutting the cord" of cable and going the streaming route.

Is there a known legal way to stream YES live as games are being played? IIRC I could on the Fox Sports app? If the one box is cheap enough, I may just get it so I don't have to worry about missing any games.

Any info would be much appreciated .

Re: Legal YES Streaming sans FiOS

YouTube TV has YES. I haven't tried their service but it's tempting.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Addicted Member

The other option is to install a slingbox on a friends or your parents TV. One time expense of $200-250. Then you can watch whatever the other tv receives and mirror/screen share to your tv

NYYF Legend

When Comcast didn't have YES in 2016 I had SlingTV for like $20 a month. The quality is decent enough and you can watch it on a Roku. I do believe you have to be in the viewing area.

NYYF Cy Young

Is there a streaming service that has YES, SNY and MSG? Until I can find one with all 3, I can't really consider switching yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Is there a streaming service that has YES, SNY and MSG? Until I can find one with all 3, I can't really consider switching yet.
    Not sure about SNY, but pretty sure Direct TV Now has YES as a regional sports network and just saw a recent announcement they are adding MSG.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Not sure about SNY, but pretty sure Direct TV Now has YES as a regional sports network and just saw a recent announcement they are adding MSG.
    thanks- good to know! Directv Now doesn't have DVR yet so can't really consider it, but really good to know for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Hi all,

Moving into my first apartment in a months time, and I'm weighing the options of paying for one FiOS box, or "cutting the cord" of cable and going the streaming route.

Is there a known legal way to stream YES live as games are being played? IIRC I could on the Fox Sports app? If the one box is cheap enough, I may just get it so I don't have to worry about missing any games.

If you are "in market", YES is available as part of "SlingTV Blue" at $25/mo. That will include major cable TV pay networks, but nothing from the Mouse House (abc/Disney/ESPN). You also get FS1 and FS2, and access to NBCSN & the NFL Network...

They have deals for free or reduced priced Rokus, Firesticks, etc...

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Hi all,

I use MLB.TV and pay for the internet and the MLB.TV. I get every game. There will be a blackout if on national station like ABC and ESPN and I watch that station. I like it, never tried U Tube. Single team (NYY) is around $90. I don't get the post game coaches conference but watch it on ESPN . The nice thing is you can watch the other's team broadcast which is nice to hear the other's opinion. You have to have above 40 speed and you should have no problem, but try it first on MLB.

Really good point: You live in Brooklyn so that may/is a blackout problem. I live in Mass so I am out of the Yankee blackout area. The only MLB.TV blackouts I get is when the games are nationally televised. This may not work for you. For example, I can't get a free pizza if the Yankees win in Mass.
    Last edited by bucky; 01-04-18 at 03:17 PM. Reason: area

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I use MLB.TV and pay for the internet and the MLB.TV. I get every game. There will be a blackout if on national station like ABC and ESPN and I watch that station. I like it, never tried U Tube. Single team (NYY) is around $90. I don't get the post game coaches conference but watch it on ESPN . The nice thing is you can watch the other's team broadcast which is nice to hear the other's opinion. You have to have above 40 speed and you should have no problem, but try it first on MLB.
    If he lives in the viewing area he'll be blacked out on MLB.tv.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    But you are probably considered "Out-of-market". If you are located in what is considered "Yankee RSN territory", you cannot watch the Yankees on MLB Extra Innings or MLB.tv...

Game Day Audio doesn't have the same viewing / listening restrictions as the video...

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    But you are probably considered "Out-of-market". If you are located in what is considered "Yankee RSN territory", you cannot watch the Yankees on MLB Extra Innings or MLB.tv...

Game Day Audio doesn't have the same viewing / listening restrictions as the video...
    Legally, at least (cough, cough https://unlocator.com/channel/mlb-tv/ cough, cough).

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    thanks- good to know! Directv Now doesn't have DVR yet so can't really consider it, but really good to know for the future.
    Not to take this off topic, but one of the reasons I went to Direct TV Now is because I was paying for DVRs and set top boxes I didn't need. We had cable at our primary home and vacation home that ran $300/mo. Yes, I lost DVR and also a whole bunch of channels (none of which I ever watched, and kept plenty that I would if I had time), but my aggregate monthly TV watching expense went from ~$300/mo to $35/mo, including HBO Go (must have for GoT fans). Many channels in the lineup have a 72 hour rewind capability, so you can go back a few days and stream content.

Youtube has YES? They’re tempting me over there
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Youtube has YES? They’re tempting me over there
    So does Hulu+. I've been looking at their deluxe service with DVR option and no commercials. About time to cut the cord. Price of DirecTV keeps going up and the alternatives are getting better.

https://www.hulu.com/live-tv#allchannels
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Thread Information