+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Ermmmmmm Dodgers?

Kershaw, Alex Wood, Walker Buehler, Julio Urias....
    Alex Wood pitched for the Braves before being traded to the Dodgers.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Alex Wood pitched for the Braves before being traded to the Dodgers.
    I don't think that excludes them from adding to Wood's pitching development.

Cleveland has to got to be up there as well (Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, Salazar)
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

I think they're talking in a general, overarching view of taking minor leaguers and stepping them up beyond what was initially perceived of them.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I think they're talking in a general, overarching view of taking minor leaguers and stepping them up beyond what was initially perceived of them.
    Thank you. The Yankees have come a long way in the last five years and needs to continue improving their pitching development program.

NYYF Legend

I suppose, but if it's not resulting in long term SP, who cares if they get a player to throw the ball faster? I just find that answer rather fanboyish, especially the 'not even close' part.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

I think the point is that we haven't yet seen the results of most of this on the big league level yet, but hopefully we will over the next few years.

I suppose, but if it's not resulting in long term SP, who cares if they get a player to throw the ball faster? I just find that answer rather fanboyish, especially the 'not even close' part.
    Totally agree. That's a silly response.

Producing ML relievers, they have been excellent. Starting pitching, however, that's not even close.

NYYF MVP

"If it's not resulting in wins, who cares if a player has a high K/BB ratio?"

Process over results.
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

my blog: http://nybaseballoffice.blogspot.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    "If it's not resulting in wins, who cares if a player has a high K/BB ratio?"

Process over results.
    K/BB isn't a process. They are tangible results. Results that indicate future success.

Now, velocity increases you can say the same thing. Higher velocity usually means higher rate of being successful. However, for example higher velocity doesn't mean a higher rate of being able to stay healthy/throw IP, or a higher rate of developing secondary pitches. Things that are key to developing SP.
    Last edited by ClownPickle; Yesterday at 03:29 PM.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Wagner: 1-2, HR (6), 2 BB

Freicer still a mess.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Wagner: 1-2, HR (6), 2 BB

Freicer still a mess.
    Wagner hit 7 HRs all last year. He has 6 already this year, in about 75 less games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Wagner hit 7 HRs all last year. He has 6 already this year, in about 75 less games!!!
    They use to say that power is the last thing to come to a hitter. Perhaps this is the case for Wagner with his lefty stroke. Let's hope he's a later bloomer at 22 years old.

NYYF Legend

Severino and Montgomery donít count?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Severino and Montgomery don’t count?
    Who said they don't count? That's better "by far" than Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, Salazar or Kershaw, Alex Wood, Walker Buehler, Julio Urias?
    Calmer than you are

Severino and Montgomery donít count?
    Don't you know the Yankees get little credit for doing anything better than what they were when Hal called out his organization.

NYYF Legend

That's better "by far" than Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, Salazar or Kershaw, Alex Wood, Walker Buehler, Julio Urias?
    No but the point is the Yankees have developed some SP. Severino was the 3rd best pitcher in the AL after some fans (not you that I recall) were convinced he'd never be more than a BP arm and Montgomery might have made a case for ROY in a year where Judge doesn't go crazy.

Bauer has bee hit and miss for a long time and came up through the AZ org, Salazar has been a walking (literally and figuratively) DL for years.

Wood came from the Braves and Urias may or may not ever be the same after surgery.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

No but the point is the Yankees have developed some SP.
    No one is saying they haven't. Please follow what's being discussed here.

Severino was the 3rd best pitcher in the AL after some fans (not you that I recall) were convinced he'd never be more than a BP arm and Montgomery might have made a case for ROY in a year where Judge doesn't go crazy.

Bauer has bee hit and miss for a long time and came up through the AZ org, Salazar has been a walking (literally and figuratively) DL for years.

Wood came from the Braves and Urias may or may not ever be the same after surgery.
    Please stop. Look at the WAR totals. It's not close between Sev & Jord and the group of pitchers I've mentioned.
    Calmer than you are

No but the point is the Yankees have developed some SP. Severino was the 3rd best pitcher in the AL after some fans (not you that I recall) were convinced he'd never be more than a BP arm and Montgomery might have made a case for ROY in a year where Judge doesn't go crazy.

Wood had a great year last season, but if you subject 2017, his numbers aren't much different with the Dodgers as they were with the Braves. However, lets remember development doesn't stop at the minor league level.

Thread Information