+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1846

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Let's start the new year off right...

    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS THREAD








    Last edited by Snatch Catch; 01-02-18 at 12:36 PM.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes



    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  3. #3

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post


    Okay, that was good.

    Literally LOL'd
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  6. #6

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    The prospect profiles are great, Robert, thank you.

  7. #7

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Matt Kardos reports Daniel Camarena signs a minor league deal with the Cubs

  8. #8

    Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    "Kevin Reese has been in his new job as the Yankees senior director of player development since November and so far, one of his biggest challenges has been keeping perhaps the organization’s top prospect off the field.

    Gleyber Torres is among a handful of young players already at the team’s complex in Tampa, ready to begin his attempt to win a starting infield job in The Bronx this season as he comes back from Tommy John surgery last year on his non-throwing elbow.
    “He’s been begging to play baseball for three months now,” Reese said Monday. “He’s ready to go, but we want to give him a little bit at a time. He’s in good shape and we’re excited about him.”"

    "“The cupboard is loaded,” Reese said.

    That figures to make his task easier, as Reese replaces Gary Denbo, who was widely credited for helping develop a once-lagging farm system. Denbo left the Yankees to join Derek Jeter with the Marlins, and Reese, a former Yankee who was the director of professional scouting, took his place.

    And despite the recent turnover in the system — in addition to promotions, the Yankees also lost prospects including James Kaprielian, Jorge Mateo and Dustin Fowler in trades last season — they have lofty expectations for players such as outfielder Estevan Florial (ranked 38th by Baseball America), lefty Justus Sheffield (41), third baseman Miguel Andujar (59), right-handers Albert Abreu (77) and Chance Adams (81).
    Where they wind up with the Yankees remains to be seen."

    https://nypost.com/2018/01/22/yankee...ted-prospects/
    People don't start playing ball at your age, they retire!

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    A nice problem to have, indeed.

  10. #10
    Mustache NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
    "Kevin Reese has been in his new job as the Yankees senior director of player development since November and so far, one of his biggest challenges has been keeping perhaps the organization’s top prospect off the field.

    Gleyber Torres is among a handful of young players already at the team’s complex in Tampa, ready to begin his attempt to win a starting infield job in The Bronx this season as he comes back from Tommy John surgery last year on his non-throwing elbow.
    “He’s been begging to play baseball for three months now,” Reese said Monday. “He’s ready to go, but we want to give him a little bit at a time. He’s in good shape and we’re excited about him.”"

    "“The cupboard is loaded,” Reese said.

    That figures to make his task easier, as Reese replaces Gary Denbo, who was widely credited for helping develop a once-lagging farm system. Denbo left the Yankees to join Derek Jeter with the Marlins, and Reese, a former Yankee who was the director of professional scouting, took his place.

    And despite the recent turnover in the system — in addition to promotions, the Yankees also lost prospects including James Kaprielian, Jorge Mateo and Dustin Fowler in trades last season — they have lofty expectations for players such as outfielder Estevan Florial (ranked 38th by Baseball America), lefty Justus Sheffield (41), third baseman Miguel Andujar (59), right-handers Albert Abreu (77) and Chance Adams (81).
    Where they wind up with the Yankees remains to be seen."

    https://nypost.com/2018/01/22/yankee...ted-prospects/
    Can you use the quote function when you block quote these articles when you start of threads?

    Also, provide a little analysis or commentary on the piece rather than just dumping an article on here.

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    You need to stop creating threads in general. This post isn't thread worthy, would have been fine in the 6 other offseason threads.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  12. #12

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    You need to stop creating threads in general. This post isn't thread worthy, would have been fine in the 6 other offseason threads.
    I think it is! If Mods want to delete it, fine! But I think you need threads so they catch the eye rather then "dumping" them in other threads. But that's just my opinion.
    People don't start playing ball at your age, they retire!

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    This thread should be "In Around the Minors" and for many of the posters on this site I think this thread falls into the "Water is Wet" category.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #14
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    You need to stop creating threads in general. This post isn't thread worthy, would have been fine in the 6 other offseason threads.
    It's not really an off season issue. I think it's just fine.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    Anything else we can nitpick? We are getting overly critical. I enjoyed seeing the info, no matter where it was and I didn't need the reference. But that is me. Maybe I am not as detailed oriented as some of you are.


    Let's not discourage this poster from posting.
    When I worked at our annual reviews the bosses always gave us what they called "constructive criticism". Most of it was destructive


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  16. #16

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Can you use the quote function when you block quote these articles when you start of threads?

    Also, provide a little analysis or commentary on the piece rather than just dumping an article on here.
    I thought I used quotes?

    I "dump" it here to read opinions and discussions. But if you insist, I agree with the article that we are stacked down on the farm.
    People don't start playing ball at your age, they retire!

  17. #17
    Mustache NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
    I thought I used quotes?

    I "dump" it here to read opinions and discussions. But if you insist, I agree with the article that we are stacked down on the farm.
    When quoting text of an article most people on this site will put the text in quotes. Before the text you want to include type the code to quote the text and then at the end of the quote write the quote to end the code.

    It makes for a much nicer reading experience. But it is also good to just provide some context to why you are posting something. Say something that will be a springboard to a discussion rather than just dumping text in a thread you start.

    Edit: In trying to write it out the code it just quoted what I wrote. Kind of tricky to get around.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  18. #18
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    When quoting text of an article most people on this site will put the text in quotes. Before the text you want to include type the code to quote the text and then at the end of the quote write the quote to end the code.

    It makes for a much nicer reading experience. But it is also good to just provide some context to why you are posting something. Say something that will be a springboard to a discussion rather than just dumping text in a thread you start.

    Edit: In trying to write it out the code it just quoted what I wrote. Kind of tricky to get around.
    At the beginning of the excerpt, write the word "quote" between brackets [], and at the end write "/quote" between brackets.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  19. #19

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Rutherford 99, Mateo 72 FWIW

    Adams higher than Groome, wow.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Rutherford 99, FWIW
    Mateo #72.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  21. #21

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Seems like a waste of his defense, too

  22. #22
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    SWB should definitely be fun, but Wade is making the ML team and Cave is getting traded.

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    SWB should definitely be fun, but Wade is making the ML team and Cave is getting traded.
    And........will Frazier be ready by opening day? Concussions are funny, in that different folks recover differently. He could be ready in a few days, or he could take 2 months.

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    I want to see McKinney still take most of his reps in LF. Area of need next season when Gardner's option isn't picked up, assuming we don't sign Harper.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  25. #25
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    SWB should definitely be fun, but Wade is making the ML team and Cave is getting traded.
    We got Luis Gil from the Twins.

    https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=gil---003lui
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts