+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

NYYF Legend

2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

Let's start the new year off right...

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS THREAD

Last edited by Snatch Catch; 01-02-18 at 12:36 PM.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post

Okay, that was good.

Literally LOL'd
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

The prospect profiles are great, Robert, thank you.

Matt Kardos reports Daniel Camarena signs a minor league deal with the Cubs

Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

"Kevin Reese has been in his new job as the Yankees senior director of player development since November and so far, one of his biggest challenges has been keeping perhaps the organization’s top prospect off the field.

Gleyber Torres is among a handful of young players already at the team’s complex in Tampa, ready to begin his attempt to win a starting infield job in The Bronx this season as he comes back from Tommy John surgery last year on his non-throwing elbow.
    “He’s been begging to play baseball for three months now,” Reese said Monday. “He’s ready to go, but we want to give him a little bit at a time. He’s in good shape and we’re excited about him.”"

"“The cupboard is loaded,” Reese said.

That figures to make his task easier, as Reese replaces Gary Denbo, who was widely credited for helping develop a once-lagging farm system. Denbo left the Yankees to join Derek Jeter with the Marlins, and Reese, a former Yankee who was the director of professional scouting, took his place.

And despite the recent turnover in the system — in addition to promotions, the Yankees also lost prospects including James Kaprielian, Jorge Mateo and Dustin Fowler in trades last season — they have lofty expectations for players such as outfielder Estevan Florial (ranked 38th by Baseball America), lefty Justus Sheffield (41), third baseman Miguel Andujar (59), right-handers Albert Abreu (77) and Chance Adams (81).
    Where they wind up with the Yankees remains to be seen."

https://nypost.com/2018/01/22/yankee...ted-prospects/
    People don't start playing ball at your age, they retire!

NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees might run out of room for all their talented prospects

A nice problem to have, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
    "Kevin Reese has been in his new job as the Yankees senior director of player development since November and so far, one of his biggest challenges has been keeping perhaps the organization’s top prospect off the field.

Gleyber Torres is among a handful of young players already at the team’s complex in Tampa, ready to begin his attempt to win a starting infield job in The Bronx this season as he comes back from Tommy John surgery last year on his non-throwing elbow.
    “He’s been begging to play baseball for three months now,” Reese said Monday. “He’s ready to go, but we want to give him a little bit at a time. He’s in good shape and we’re excited about him.”"

"“The cupboard is loaded,” Reese said.

That figures to make his task easier, as Reese replaces Gary Denbo, who was widely credited for helping develop a once-lagging farm system. Denbo left the Yankees to join Derek Jeter with the Marlins, and Reese, a former Yankee who was the director of professional scouting, took his place.

And despite the recent turnover in the system — in addition to promotions, the Yankees also lost prospects including James Kaprielian, Jorge Mateo and Dustin Fowler in trades last season — they have lofty expectations for players such as outfielder Estevan Florial (ranked 38th by Baseball America), lefty Justus Sheffield (41), third baseman Miguel Andujar (59), right-handers Albert Abreu (77) and Chance Adams (81).
    Where they wind up with the Yankees remains to be seen."

https://nypost.com/2018/01/22/yankee...ted-prospects/
    Can you use the quote function when you block quote these articles when you start of threads?

Also, provide a little analysis or commentary on the piece rather than just dumping an article on here.

NYYF Legend

You need to stop creating threads in general. This post isn't thread worthy, would have been fine in the 6 other offseason threads.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    You need to stop creating threads in general. This post isn't thread worthy, would have been fine in the 6 other offseason threads.
    I think it is! If Mods want to delete it, fine! But I think you need threads so they catch the eye rather then "dumping" them in other threads. But that's just my opinion.

NYYF Legend

This thread should be "In Around the Minors" and for many of the posters on this site I think this thread falls into the "Water is Wet" category.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    It's not really an off season issue. I think it's just fine.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Anything else we can nitpick? We are getting overly critical. I enjoyed seeing the info, no matter where it was and I didn't need the reference. But that is me. Maybe I am not as detailed oriented as some of you are.

Let's not discourage this poster from posting.
    When I worked at our annual reviews the bosses always gave us what they called "constructive criticism". Most of it was destructive

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Can you use the quote function when you block quote these articles when you start of threads?

Also, provide a little analysis or commentary on the piece rather than just dumping an article on here.
    I thought I used quotes?

I "dump" it here to read opinions and discussions. But if you insist, I agree with the article that we are stacked down on the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
    I thought I used quotes?

I "dump" it here to read opinions and discussions. But if you insist, I agree with the article that we are stacked down on the farm.
    When quoting text of an article most people on this site will put the text in quotes. Before the text you want to include type the code to quote the text and then at the end of the quote write the quote to end the code.

It makes for a much nicer reading experience. But it is also good to just provide some context to why you are posting something. Say something that will be a springboard to a discussion rather than just dumping text in a thread you start.

Edit: In trying to write it out the code it just quoted what I wrote. Kind of tricky to get around.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    When quoting text of an article most people on this site will put the text in quotes. Before the text you want to include type the code to quote the text and then at the end of the quote write the quote to end the code.

It makes for a much nicer reading experience. But it is also good to just provide some context to why you are posting something. Say something that will be a springboard to a discussion rather than just dumping text in a thread you start.

Edit: In trying to write it out the code it just quoted what I wrote. Kind of tricky to get around.
    At the beginning of the excerpt, write the word "quote" between brackets [], and at the end write "/quote" between brackets.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Rutherford 99, Mateo 72 FWIW

Adams higher than Groome, wow.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Rutherford 99, FWIW
    Mateo #72.

Seems like a waste of his defense, too

NYYF Legend

SWB should definitely be fun, but Wade is making the ML team and Cave is getting traded.

NYYF Legend

SWB should definitely be fun, but Wade is making the ML team and Cave is getting traded.
    And........will Frazier be ready by opening day? Concussions are funny, in that different folks recover differently. He could be ready in a few days, or he could take 2 months.

NYYF Legend

I want to see McKinney still take most of his reps in LF. Area of need next season when Gardner's option isn't picked up, assuming we don't sign Harper.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

We got Luis Gil from the Twins.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=gil---003lui
    Calmer than you are

Thread Information