+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...led_criti.html

Q: What do you think you need to do to get to Triple-A this year?
    Tate: “That next jump ... my fastball command could still come up a couple ticks. I need to dive into more detail with that. I also need to throw my fastball inside more to righties and lefties. I need to get better at that. I think that would elevate my game a step or two. To compliment that, I need to get my changeup back on track. Once I do that, I believe it will raise my game a couple more notches.”

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Higgy straight killing it in AAA. Sell high on Romine. Carbon copy of his 2017 start.

From what I've read Girardi and now Boone don't value Romine for his bat, they value the fact that he spends hours every day pouring over hitting charts and looking at tapes of opposing hitters. They value that knowledge more than any incremental offensive upgrade they may get at the BUC position (and there's no guarantee Higgy would be an upgrade). IMO there is zero chance the Yankees would part ways with all that knowledge of their staff and the opposing hitters to bring an inexperienced 27 year old BUC from Scranton.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    From what I've read Girardi and now Boone don't value Romine for his bat, they value the fact that he spends hours every day pouring over hitting charts and looking at tapes of opposing hitters. They value that knowledge more than any incremental offensive upgrade they may get at the BUC position (and there's no guarantee Higgy would be an upgrade). IMO there is zero chance the Yankees would part ways with all that knowledge of their staff and the opposing hitters to bring an inexperienced 27 year old BUC from Scranton.
    Interesting. Where did you read that?
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Interesting. Where did you read that?

Its not a secret, the information is out there. Multiple articles written Yankee managers, coaches, pitchers raving about the work Romine does going over charts and studying opposing hitters. Its also been talked about during interviews.

NYYF Legend

Its not a secret, the information is out there. Multiple articles written Yankee managers, coaches, pitchers raving about the work Romine does going over charts and studying opposing hitters. Its also been talked about during interviews.
    Can you show me one where Boone says that?

The multiple MIT grads Cash has in his employ review the charts and stats. No need for the player to do that. You just need the player to actually remember them.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Can you give me a link to one article?

Erik Swanson is leading the Eastern League in ERA and Ks, good article on him today here:

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/..._dont_kno.html

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Can you show me one where Boone says that?

The multiple MIT grads Cash has in his employ review the charts and stats. No need for the player to do that. You just need the player to actually remember them.
    I hardly think that the ability to regurgitate stats and figures is worth as much as the ability to understand the underlying relationships and use them to make decisions on the fly.

The situation you proposed is like me expecting you to solve a quadratic equation after I've only shown you the answer and not how to actually sole the problem.
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

my blog: http://nybaseballoffice.blogspot.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    I hardly think that the ability to regurgitate stats and figures is worth as much as the ability to understand the underlying relationships and use them to make decisions on the fly.

The situation you proposed is like me expecting you to solve a quadratic equation after I've only shown you the answer and not how to actually sole the problem.
    Do you think the MIT grads are presenting the statistics to Romine/Sanchez in a manner that's understandable to a layman or do you think they are showing them their math?

The only thing we are really talking about here is understanding what pitch to call in what situation. You don't need a player to actually do all the math. Get the MIT grad to do the work and provide the stats to them in an understandable manner. That's what is happening.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Can you give me a link to one article?

I could point you to articles and interviews but I won't. Let be very clear about this and I don't care if it gets me banned, I have a lot going on in my life, if you think that I have time to come to a message board and make up things your are mistaken. Austine Romine is not on the team for his bat. He is on the team because of his relationship with the pitchers on the staff who love throwing to him. And he's on the team because the coaches, manager, and GM value to work he puts into preparation. This has been talked about publicly by Yankee players and coaches numerous times. If you don't believe any of it I could care less but don't ever question my integrity.

NYYF Legend

I could point you to articles and interviews but I won't. Let be very clear about this and I don't care if it gets me banned, I have a lot going on in my life, if you think that I have time to come to a message board and make up things your are mistaken. Austine Romine is not on the team for his bat. He is on the team because of his relationship with the pitchers on the staff who love throwing to him. And he's on the team because the coaches, manager, and GM value to work he puts into preparation. This has been talked about publicly by Yankee players and coaches numerous times. If you don't believe any of it I could care less but don't ever question my integrity.
    Maybe he just wants to read an article and learn more about it from the source, you don't have to make a pistol duel for your honor out of it. I'd be interested too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Maybe he just wants to read an article and learn more about it from the source, you don't have to make a pistol duel for your honor out of it. I'd be interested too.
    I would be very interested in reading about it. I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I asked you for help. You don't need to help me, it's ok. Your integrity is in tact with me. Sorry for asking for a link.

Hang in there Art.

NYYF Legend

Happy Stephan Day!
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Stephan: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K

Florial: 1-3, BB, 2 K
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA