+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2628

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Missed Sauer. Where would you slot him in?
    My bad. I'd add him and Schmidt in that order after Acevedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    I know man. It really is bonkers.

Sounds right, it's why I originally had Adams & Acevedo much higher. I went back and forth on those two.
    How about Nick Green?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    My bad. I'd add him and Schmidt in that order after Acevedo.
    That's fair.

Schmidt was not one of the choices, but he would also rank up there to me.

Like a previous poster commented earlier - there are a lot of interesting guys to follow up on in the system - at all levels. And come draft day, there may be a couple more!!!

That's fair.

Schmidt was not one of the choices, but he would also rank up there to me.

Like a previous poster commented earlier - there are a lot of interesting guys to follow up on in the system - at all levels. And come draft day, there may be a couple more!!!
    Melancynic probably just forgot to add Schmidt to the list...certainly understandable considering how many intriguing arms we have in the farm. There are even others. Snatch mentioned some of them, and there are yet more (Rogers, Sears, Cortes, Cortijo, etc). Too much pitching!

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    How about Nick Green?
    Does not have the stuff or prospect level to be included in this conversation. *Guys like Rogers fall into the same category for me.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Melancynic probably just forgot to add Schmidt to the list...certainly understandable considering how many intriguing arms we have in the farm. There are even others. Snatch mentioned some of them, and there are yet more (Rogers, Sears, Cortes, Cortijo, etc). Too much pitching!
    I did forget Schmidt. I honestly just went off my head because I figured that would be the best way to determine the guys who belong in this discussion. I knew I could, and likely would, forget a guy. Schmidt was that guy. I'd have had him right after Sauer.

Still wish it was Carlson or Peterson or Faedo and not Schmidt we had drafted... We'll see how it all shakes out. Carlson was held back in EST.

Conor Foley

@RailRidersTT
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    RailRiders lineup vs. Lehigh Valley:

Wade 6
    Zehner 7
    Lind 3
    Ford DH
    Kratz 2
    Robinson 8
    McBroom 9
    Navarro 5
    Mazzilli 4

Chance Adams starts.

Yes network used to broadcast Minor leagues games. What happened? now nothing. . I remembered when they broadcast Trenton thunder and Yankees prospect Phil Hughes was pitching.

NYYF Legend

No Bird in lineup tonight. Hmmmmmm
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    No Bird in lineup tonight. Hmmmmmm
    He is in Trenton still and they played one of those early morning games, neither Bird nor McKinney played. They've already said Bird would be in Trenton through Sunday.

Trevor Stephan is impressive so far in Tampa.

Yeah, Swanson and Stephan both pretty clearly need promotions.

Chance Adams with by far his best game of the year, seven dominant shutout innings including striking out the side in the seventh. 7 1 0 0 2 10, 102 pitches. Welcome back, Chance!!

NYYF Legend

Green: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 10:0
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Yeah, Swanson and Stephan both pretty clearly need promotions.

Chance Adams with by far his best game of the year, seven dominant shutout innings including striking out the side in the seventh. 7 1 0 0 2 10, 102 pitches. Welcome back, Chance!!
    I knew he would get it going again. People are too quick to lose faith in prospects.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    He is in Trenton still and they played one of those early morning games, neither Bird nor McKinney played. They've already said Bird would be in Trenton through Sunday.
    Yeah I know he's in Trenton, but I was asking why he didn't play today (or tonight). If the idea is to get him as many games as possible, they just wasted one.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/rubberd...b=,game=539137
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Yeah I know he's in Trenton, but I was asking why he didn't play today (or tonight). If the idea is to get him as many games as possible, they just wasted one.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/rubberd...b=,game=539137
    Makes no sense.

He isnít hitting at all yet and preparing for and playing a 10 or 11 AM game is a big change in daily routine, when the point is to try to get him back into a groove. That would be my guess anyway.

Wouldn't it be cool if we cut some deadwood off the 40-man and called up Caleb Frare after a short spell in Scranton with the sole assignment of getting lefties out. Always had nasty stuff -- mid-90s FB backed by an above-average slider -- and I think he could be old/mature enough to make that jump as a LOOGY.

He is absolutely torching the EL right now and cut out the walks that plagued him last year during half a season logged at AA. (Last season was an off-year after conquering the FSL in 2016 to the tune of a sub-1.00ERA over 50IP)

17 IP, 0.53ERA, 12H, 1ER, 4BB's, 22K's

If he can keep the walks down at SWB for a few weeks, I'd give him a ML shot. Shreve is impossible to watch.

NYYF Legend

Frare definitely interesting. Seems to have gotten his BBs under control, wonder if that's real. I'll take anyone over Shreve.

Florial really isn't have that bad of a season. Yes, he's striking out 30% but he's also walking 13.6 %. His highest total in his career.

The power is just missing, which is more a by-product of playing in death valley.
    Calmer than you are

Sam Dykstra

@SamDykstraMiLB
    Follow Follow @SamDykstraMiLB
    More
    #Yankees No. 2 prospect Estevan Florial was removed early from today's @TampaTarpons with right-wrist soreness, according to manager Patrick Osborn. Still being evaluated. Went 0-for-2 before injury, ending 32-game on-base streak.

10:22 AM - 17 May 2018

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Sam Dykstra

@SamDykstraMiLB
    Follow Follow @SamDykstraMiLB
    More
    #Yankees No. 2 prospect Estevan Florial was removed early from today's @TampaTarpons with right-wrist soreness, according to manager Patrick Osborn. Still being evaluated. Went 0-for-2 before injury, ending 32-game on-base streak.

10:22 AM - 17 May 2018
    Oh oh. Does not sound good.

Anyone see reports of Chance's velo in his last start. It was way down in ST but I heard he's regained that 92-95 range touching 96. He looked much more svelte than he was last year (and even in Feb/March).

That Adams start was huge for the organization IMO. He obviously needs to keep it up, but even just based on that one start combined with his track record, I think NY can now DFA AJ Cole if they need/want the spot and have Adams be the 6th starter for now.

Also, Justus Sheffield is scheduled to start again next Wednesday, yay.

NYYF Legend

Conor Foley @RailRidersTT May 4
    Chance Adams' first pitch is a 92-mph strike and we're under way.

Velocity isn't everything, but tonight, when Chance Adams just needs a strike from his fastball, it's 92 mph. And an easy 92 at that. Best velo he's had all season. Probably the best weather he's pitched in, too.

Conor Foley @RailRidersTT 19h19 hours ago
    Two batters, two Ks for Chance Adams. Both on 92-mph fastballs.

Two scoreless innings from Chance Adams. He's faced seven and struck out four. Fastball is at 92 mph, but it seems like it might have some extra life on it.

Conor Foley @RailRidersTT 18h18 hours ago
    Chance Adams strikes out the side in the fourth. Ends it by getting Dylan Cozens looking at a 79-mph curveball. He's got 7 Ks tonight.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Oh oh. Does not sound good.
    Eh. He didnít get hit by a pitch, didnít jam it sliding/fielding...itís just sore. Kid swings forcefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Chance Adams' first pitch is a 92-mph strike and we're under way.

Velocity isn't everything, but tonight, when Chance Adams just needs a strike from his fastball, it's 92 mph. And an easy 92 at that. Best velo he's had all season. Probably the best weather he's pitched in, too.

Two batters, two Ks for Chance Adams. Both on 92-mph fastballs.

Two scoreless innings from Chance Adams. He's faced seven and struck out four. Fastball is at 92 mph, but it seems like it might have some extra life on it.

Conor Foley @RailRidersTT 18h18 hours ago
    Chance Adams strikes out the side in the fourth. Ends it by getting Dylan Cozens looking at a 79-mph curveball. He's got 7 Ks tonight.
    Awesome. Thanks

NYYF Legend

Dermis to Riverdogs.
    Calmer than you are

Thread Information