+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 70 71 72 73
Results 1,801 to 1,806 of 1806
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The last three games in which he played CF, he got 4 at-bats. They seem to be alternating DHing and CF. I imagine it has more to do with the other talented kids than him as his injury should have no impact on playing outfield.
    While I would agree with you, it seems strange that their top position-player prospect is still sitting in the GCL. The only thing I notice, without actually seeing him play, is that he seems to have not yet played a full game as an OFer. Makes me wonder if they are just going slow with his return, or there is still some soreness remaining.

One would think they want him back in the full-season league as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    While I would agree with you, it seems strange that their top position-player prospect is still sitting in the GCL. The only thing I notice, without actually seeing him play, is that he seems to have not yet played a full game as an OFer. Makes me wonder if they are just going slow with his return, or there is still some soreness remaining.

One would think they want him back in the full-season league as soon as possible.
    I don't understand your concern as he's playing in games and just homered again leading off and playing CF. Obviously, they want him to play in games located in Tampa for now. Why? I don't have any idea except perhaps they want him close to their medical staff. If he's still playing in GCL games by this time next week then I'll start being concern as to why they're delaying his promotion to FSL. Perhaps, they're getting ready to trade him. Who knows?
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I don't understand your concern as he's playing in games and just homered again leading off and playing CF. Obviously, they want him to play in games located in Tampa for now. Why? I don't have any idea except perhaps they want him close to their medical staff. If he's still playing in GCL games by this time next week then I'll start being concern as to why they're delaying his promotion to FSL. Perhaps, they're getting ready to trade him. Who knows?
    7 games into his rehab and he has still not played a full 9 innings in the OF. That's all I'm asking. You think Gary Sanchez won't catch a full game this week in the Minors during his rehab? I fully expect it. And he won't wait 7 games to do so. Heck, he probably won't be on rehab for 7 games!!

I was wondering why an Ofer would not play a full game in the field for 7 games into his rehab. Maybe today he finally will, and put to rest any concerns one would have as to if he is fully healed.

NYYF Legend

For SI:

Roansy Contreras:

7ip 3h 1r 0er 1bb 8k

And Drew Finley still stinks and we wasted overslot money on him.

For GCL:

Florial did go the distance today in the OF and he went 2-4 HR & SB
    Cabello also went 2-4 with a HR.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

I know it's just GCL but it's hard not to get excited about Cabello.

Thread Information