+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 107 FirstFirst ... 20 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2654

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

Frazier 3 for 3 and Florial 2 for 2. Not a bad return...

Nolan Martinez has been pitching well for Staten Island in his return from injury. Read our feature on him here:
    https://pinstripedprospects.com/nola...e-mound-33630/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

There is no doubt that Caleb Frare is having an incredible season, read our feature on him here:

https://pinstripedprospects.com/frar...thunder-33669/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Anyone know why Yankees only got 1 player on Futures rosters?
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 21stAmendment View Post
    Anyone know why Yankees only got 1 player on Futures rosters?
    Because their best young players are in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Because their best young players are in the majors.
    So there is no one worthy in the lower levels going? Severino made the team the uehe was in Charelston
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

NYYF Legend

There are 11 teams with 1 representative, 18 teams with 2, and 1 team with 3.

I am ok with the Yankees only getting 1 as it hasn't been a great year on the farm for a lot of the higher ranked guys whether it be performance or injuries.

If i were to come up with a second guy it would probably come from the group of Tate, Stephen or Whitlock.

Suspended

Not that I need any more of a reason to love Michael King but....

6IP. 2H. 0R. 10K. 0 BB. 78 pitches!!!

NYYF Legend

I went to the SI Yankee game tonight in HV. A few things i noticed:

Sauer was on with his FB. First 4 in he was 93-95 after the 4th he tailed off to 91-92. Pretty good downward plane. The slider moved well but his location was off for the most part. Over all, nice Job.

Thoreson caught and it looks from some of his throws to second he has a nice arm..Could be a nice organizational insurance piece in the future.

Hutchinson came in to relieve Matt in the 7th and looked great. Big Kid, Thick but solid, super long legs. Hutch has an odd but effective delivery, He is lower then 3/4, almost side armed but he doesn't drop his body. The ball was freezing RH hitters and he was riding it in on lefties. Hutch was victim of some shotty D . Wegaman miss played a ball going over the Foul line. Pop up. Then there was mis communication on a flair to left..All and all Hutch was impressive.

Ford DH'ed and ripped a 2B But looked rusty...A few more games I guess..

BTW two scouts from The Marlins at the game?? Strange to see two at Penn league game... Maybe Yanks looking for IFA money...They love our system. Could also be looking at Rays?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I went to the SI Yankee game tonight in HV. A few things i noticed:

Sauer was on with his FB. First 4 in he was 93-95 after the 4th he tailed off to 91-92. Pretty good downward plane. The slider moved well but his location was off for the most part. Over all, nice Job.

Thoreson caught and it looks from some of his throws to second he has a nice arm..Could be a nice organizational insurance piece in the future.

Hutchinson came in to relieve Matt in the 7th and looked great. Big Kid, Thick but solid, super long legs. Hutch has an odd but effective delivery, He is lower then 3/4, almost side armed but he doesn't drop his body. The ball was freezing RH hitters and he was riding it in on lefties. Hutch was victim of some shotty D . Wegaman miss played a ball going over the Foul line. Pop up. Then there was mis communication on a flair to left..All and all Hutch was impressive.

Ford DH'ed and ripped a 2B But looked rusty...A few more games I guess..

BTW two scouts from The Marlins at the game?? Strange to see two at Penn league game... Maybe Yanks looking for IFA money...They love our system. Could also be looking at Rays?
    I have noticed the Marlins scouts around the team for the last week or two. They have been getting a long look at the team.

Looks like Sauer is starting to get his velocity back, his velo has not been there the first few games.

Suspended

Wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees are looking into Jose Urena or Bour.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees are looking into Jose Urena or Bour.
    Unless Bird is injured i don't want another 1B.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    I have noticed the Marlins scouts around the team for the last week or two. They have been getting a long look at the team.

Looks like Sauer is starting to get his velocity back, his velo has not been there the first few games.
    He has a Max effort delivery. As he matures he has the size to maintain velo i would hope..

Not a fan of Greys slingshot throwing motion. Real good range but unleashed a crazy throw and i can see more coming on the horizon..

NYYF Legend

Reeves added to AA ASG , Great but should be in AAA !!

Suspended

What happened to Raimfer Salinas? Played a few DSL games but hasnt appeared in a game in weeks.....

Breaux will debut with SI and face a rehabbing Syndergaard.
    Edit: Singled off him 1st AB

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    What happened to Raimfer Salinas? Played a few DSL games but hasn’t appeared in a game in weeks.....
    He was sent stateside. GCL ..Sorry, I don't know if east or west?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    He was sent stateside. GCL ..Sorry, I don't know if east or west?
    Ok. At least hes not injured

Ok. At least hes not injured
    He's on the Yankees East team, but hasn't played a game in GCL. So I don't know what's up with him.

Scranton and Pawtucket combined to strike out 31 times in todays game. Sheffield had seven, Tarpley four of SWBs 13.

McKinney struck out 3 times, Francisco Diaz 4 times. Austin twice.....but also a 2R HR.

Scranton and Pawtucket combined to strike out 31 times in todays game. Sheffield had seven, Tarpley four of SWBs 13.

McKinney struck out 3 times, Francisco Diaz 4 times. Austin twice.....but also a 2R HR.
    The first paragraph indicates that you are talking about defensive K's (K's by pitchers) but the second paragraph is regarding offensive K's. What does the 31 number represent and what is your point? Confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    The first paragraph indicates that you are talking about defensive K's (K's by pitchers) but the second paragraph is regarding offensive K's. What does the 31 number represent and what is your point? Confused...
    Pitchers: 31 combined pitching strikeouts

The rest is intuitive.

Pitchers: 31 combined pitching strikeouts

The rest is intuitive.
    In checking the box score, the amazing stat is that the Yanks struck out 18 times, not so much what our pitchers accomplished. I guess the other amazing stat is that we won the game, 3-2!

We had our first look at Yankees first-round pick Anthony Seigler the other day, read the break down here:

https://pinstripedprospects.com/firs...seigler-33873/

Thread Information