Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2679

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

SI season begins on June 15th

Tampa (GCL) begins on June 18th

Pulaski begins on June 19th

NYYF Legend

Anyone know the % Loaisiga typically throws his changeup in a game?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Lasagna got hit pretty badly and was pulled after 2 IP.

rpimpsner can you find out what's going on?
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

From what I have seen this season so far, Tate has looked like the best Starter.

NYYF Legend

Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    From what I have seen this season so far, Tate has looked like the best Starter.
    In 11 games 4-2 3.43 ERA 60.1IP 49H 23ER 12BB 52K for the season in AA level.
    If not for his one horrendous outing of 1.1IP 6H 6ER 2BB 2K he has a 59.0IP 2.59ERA 43H 17ER 10BB 50K line for the season. A former #4 pick overall just 3 years ago, he just turned 24 last month and will most likely spend the 2nd half of the season in AAA at this rate.

Wow, I didn't realize how good he was doing this year...I'm starting to think his first half 2016 was a blip that is long past now, and he is back to what made him a 4th overall pick. I recall some people being pissed off that the Yankees "only" got Tate back for a rental of Beltran back in 2016, but it is starting to look like a great ultimate buy low case 2 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    I recall some people being pissed off that the Yankees "only" got Tate back for a rental of Beltran back in 2016, but it is starting to look like a great ultimate buy low case 2 years later.
    Especially since they got Swanson and Green in that deal also.

Looking back at some trades in the last 3~4 years, it is amazing how many has become a contributor of various level to the Yankees in 2018. (Bold has played for the Yankees this year, and italics is notable prospects currently with the Yankees).

Trade Shane Greene to Tigers for Didi Gregorius from Dbacks (3 team).
    Trade Peter O'Brien to D'backs for Martin Prado, who was later traded with David Phelps for Nathan Eovaldi, Garret Jones and Domingo German.
    Trade Francisco Cervelli to Pirates for Justin Wilson, who was later traded for Luis Cessa and Chad Green.
    Trade Manny Banuelos for David Carpenter and Chasen Shreve...now this is one mixed trade and probably the biggest case of "should've traded earlier" example. Carpenter was DFA'ed and traded for Tony Renda half a season later, and Shreve has been...well, Shreve. If it makes anyone feel better, Banuelos at age 27 is still in the minors in the Dodgers AAA. HOWEVER, there is an interesting twist to who David Carpenter was traded for...
    Trade J.R. Murphy to Twins for Aaron Hicks.
    Trade Adam Warren and Brendan Ryan to Cubs for Starlin Castro, who was later traded with Jorge Guzman and Jose Devers for Giancarlo Stanton.
    Trade Eric Jagielo, Caleb Cotham, Rookie Davis and Tony Renda (remember him?) to the Reds for Aroldis Chapman.
    Traded Rob Segedin and PTBNL to Dodgers for Tyler Olson and Ronald Torreyes.
    Trade Aroldis Chapman to Cubs for the return of Adam Warren, Rashad Crawford, Billy McKinney, and Gleyber Torres.
    Trade Andrew Miller to Indians for Justus Sheffield, Clint Frazier, Ben Heller, and J.P. Feyereisen.
    Trade Carlos Beltran to Rangers for Dillon Tate, Nick Green, and Eric Swanson.
    Trade Ivan Nova to Pirates for Tito Polo and Stephen Tarpley.
    Trade Brian McCann to Astros for Albert Abreu and Jorge Guzman (traded above for Stanton).
    Trade Tyler Clippard, Blake Rutherford, Ian Clarkin, and Tito Polo (it was nice knowing you) to White Sox for Todd Frazier, David Robertson, and Tommy Kahnle.
    Trade James Kaprielian, Jorge Mateo, and Dustin Fowler to Athletics for Sonny Gray.
    Trade Taylor Widener and Nick Solak in 3 team trade to get Brandon Drury...probably the only trade that is still unknown, but Drury still has a lot of potential for value, whether it be with the Yankees or as a trade bait.

...I know that is not how it works, but if I look at Manny Banuelos being one of the ingredients that became Gleyber Torres, it doesn't feel too bad.

NYYF Cy Young

New Fangraphs Top 131 prospects just released.

30. Justus Sheffield, 55 FV
    50. Albert Abreu, 50 FV
    85. Estevan Florial, 50 FV
    127. Luis Medina, 50 FV

Not bad. Also:

56. Dustin Fowler, 50 FV
    61. Jorge Mateo, 50 FV
    114. Jorge Guzman, 50 FV
    Don't have a clue

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    New Fangraphs Top 131 prospects just released.

30. Justus Sheffield, 55 FV
    50. Albert Abreu, 50 FV
    85. Estevan Florial, 50 FV
    127. Luis Medina, 50 FV

Not bad. Also:

56. Dustin Fowler, 50 FV
    61. Jorge Mateo, 50 FV
    114. Jorge Guzman, 50 FV
    Mateo still there. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Mateo still there. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................
    Was just about to post the same. That's a joke.

NYYF Legend

I find fangraphs scouting analysis and rankings to usually be very poor.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

This year was supposed to be different, after a standout spring training in which Wade projected as a sort of do-everything speed threat, a better-hitting version of Ronald Torreyes. Aaron Boone raved about him, declaring he had earned not just a roster spot but “plenty of at-bats.”

The season hit, and Wade didn’t. He can explain. “I had the flu for three weeks and I lost 12 pounds,” Wade, with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, said this weekend. “That’ll make things difficult. That and a combination of trying to do too much with the sickness — trying to fight through that.”

https://nypost.com/2018/06/11/behind...orked-out-yet/
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Well, to be fair, they did have Andujar significantly higher than every other outlet, and that's looked accurate so far.
    Don't have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Same here. They tend to have some totally random whiffs where it's like they forgot to update their org. lists or something.

Well, to be fair, they did have Andujar significantly higher than every other outlet, and that's looked accurate so far.
    If you don't agree with something in a comprehensive prospect list, it's a joke. If your favorite player is listed somewhere in it, then it's an awesome list because you're validated. Those writers are geniuses. It's been happening since the dawn of baseball time.

These lists are fun to look at, but they're just snapshot opinions of players from baseball writers.

The most important thing for me is how well the Yanks evaluate their own players.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo_T View Post
    If you don't agree with something in a comprehensive prospect list, it's a joke. If your favorite player is listed somewhere in it, then it's an awesome list because you're validated. Those writers are geniuses. It's been happening since the dawn of baseball time.

These lists are fun to look at, but they're just snapshot opinions of players from baseball writers.

The most important thing for me is how well the Yanks evaluate their own players.
    I agree. Personally, I trust Fangraphs prospect evaluations because they are, far and away, the most transparent, open, and humble about their process. In chats, Kiley and Eric are very forthcoming about not only how they formed their lists, but about how subjective and error-prone the process is, as well. They're quick to admit fault in their analysis in post-mortem, and emphasize that players within a tier are pretty much interchangeable in rank. BA, BP, and (especially) Law, OTOH, like to give the impression that their rankings are exact. Plus, Fangraphs is the only publication out there that realizes how stupid it is to rank players with an arbitrary cutoff of 100. Simply having a top 131 shows that the methodology is flexible in accounting for the true talent level of the prospects.
    Don't have a clue

I agree. Personally, I trust Fangraphs prospect evaluations because they are, far and away, the most transparent, open, and humble about their process. In chats, Kiley and Eric are very forthcoming about not only how they formed their lists, but about how subjective and error-prone the process is, as well. They're quick to admit fault in their analysis in post-mortem, and emphasize that players within a tier are pretty much interchangeable in rank. BA, BP, and (especially) Law, OTOH, like to give the impression that their rankings are exact. Plus, Fangraphs is the only publication out there that realizes how stupid it is to rank players with an arbitrary cutoff of 100. Simply having a top 131 shows that the methodology is flexible in accounting for the true talent level of the prospects.
    That's pretty interesting. Fangraphs does take a more community, open-source based approach to these things.

John Sickels kinda does the same thing. I'm a big fan of reading his prospect retro articles where he looks back on players and reveals what went right/wrong.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    DEIVI GARCIA 2018 DEBUT!!!

4.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 K

Very excited to see this kid going forward.

5 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 10 K, 3:0, 72 pitches, 55 strikes

Dropped down to Charleston for this second start.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Deivi out for the 6th, but gives up back to back singles to open the inning and is pulled.

NYYF Legend

Cabello: 2-4, 3B, BB, 2 SB
    Salinas: 0-3, 2 BB, 2 SB, E
    Rojas: 1-3, 2B, 2 BB, 2 SB
    Chirinos: 3-5, 2B, SB
    Rojas the only one playing today: 1-2, 3 BB

Rojas the only one playing today: 1-2, 3 BB
    Many of the big signings from last July recently left the Dominican and have arrived in Tampa. Look at the Tampa box scores next Monday, the 18th.

In the 6th Deivi gave up a bunt and then a line single.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Many of the big signings from last July recently left the Dominican and have arrived in Tampa. Look at the Tampa box scores next Monday, the 18th.
    I don't know who they are and what to looked for. Is there anyone special? The only one down there is Cessa and he got shelled (his first start).

(I like using "McBoom" instead of McBroom.)

Thread Information