+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 101 102 103 104 105 106 LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2629
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Yankees Minor League News & Notes

Down 6-0 b4 . Sheff victim of 2 Es. Sheff not not sharp. He was 94-96.

NYYF Legend

Ford goes yard 6-2 Bulls b6

NYYF Legend

Well it was a bonus that we got to this point. We lost 6-2. I expect next year to see a lot of new faces, every year brings change. I expect a big turnover on this level next year,

The Mike King ball galloshing thread is finally over.

Addicted Member

Baseball America's Minor League All-Star Team includes one Yankee: Justus Sheffield

No justice for the King.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...all-star-team/
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

King is on the second team listed at the bottom, pretty impressive for a guy who started the year in high A as a non-prospect.

Addicted Member

Ah, yes. Now I see him. Widener, too.
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

KLaw chat:

Q: The great AL ROY debate: Does Ohtaniís innings pitched and superior bat outweigh andujarís full season of at bats?
    KLaw: Ohtani has outproduced Andujar and Gleyber. I donít think this is really a debate.

Q: Blake Rutherford seemed to make some progress offensively this season, but finished with an OPS under .800. Do you think he hits for enough power to project as a starting corner OF?
    KLaw: No Ė thereís no impact there and a corner bat has to have that.

Q: Do you think Everson Pereira will be ready to start 2019 in Low A?
    KLaw: Possibly but he barely played this summer due to injuries.

Q: Thoughts on Billy McKinney going forward? Heís been impressive for the Jays since the trade.
    KLaw: Extra OF tops.

Klaw, like most of his ilk, are anti Yankees. I put no credence in their remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomberfanfor57years View Post
    Klaw, like most of his ilk, are anti Yankees. I put no credence in their remarks.
    He had Sheffield rated higher than most

I don't like Law much but nothing there is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jeter62375 View Post
    KLaw chat:

Q: The great AL ROY debate: Does Ohtaniís innings pitched and superior bat outweigh andujarís full season of at bats?
    KLaw: Ohtani has outproduced Andujar and Gleyber. I donít think this is really a debate.
    Its not even a debate? Wow. Keith Law is a complete Yankee hating buffoon. Please take away all his MLB privileges. I cant believe he eve said that. Its one thing if he said he liked Ohtani, but not even a debate? lol
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Its not even a debate? Wow. Keith Law is a complete Yankee hating buffoon. Please take away all his MLB privileges. I cant believe he eve said that. Its one thing if he said he liked Ohtani, but not even a debate? lol
    Ohtani OPS .940
    Andujar .848
    Gleyber .833

Oh, and he pitched well.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Ohtani OPS .940
    Andujar .848
    Gleyber .833

Oh, and he pitched well.
    Ohtani - 290 AB, 10 GS

Heís unquestionably the most exciting rookie, and on a rate basis the better performer. But for full year awards duration matters IMHO.

While his pitching matters a lot, he was DHing when hitting. Also, heís 23 and Matsui was 29 but possible that some voters will hold his experience in Japan against his rookie status.

Itís certainly debatable.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Ohtani - 290 AB, 10 GS

Heís unquestionably the most exciting rookie, and on a rate basis the better performer. But for full year awards duration matters IMHO.

While his pitching matters a lot, he was DHing when hitting. Also, heís 23 and Matsui was 29 but possible that some voters will hold his experience in Japan against his rookie status.

Itís certainly debatable.
    Duration wouldn't be a problem for Othani at all. 10 GS is basically 1/3 season of starter pitching and 290 AB is half of season hitting.

He's DH and he is one of the best at that position. Andujar would have a much better case if he at least play below average defense. Sadly he is terrible at playing 3B which basically writes off all his positional advantage.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Duration wouldn't be a problem for Othani at all. 10 GS is basically 1/3 season of starter pitching and 290 AB is half of season hitting.

He's DH and he is one of the best at that position. Andujar would have a much better case if he at least play below average defense. Sadly he is terrible at playing 3B which basically writes off all his positional advantage.
    That's basically 5/6 th of a season when you add them up.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Ohtani OPS .940
    Andujar .848
    Gleyber .833

Oh, and he pitched well.
    And? BTW Ohtani down to .919 OPS and Miggy at .856 OPS

Maybe things would be different if he played a full season. Kinda like Gary having a 1.032 OPS in 2016 and not winning it. HE didnt play long enough or have enough ABs. Ohtani was 4-2 with a 3.31 ERA. Thats not enough for me. Too small a sample size. Only 300 ABs.

Im not going to sit here and tell you Ohtani wasnt good. He was. But it was too brief a time. Just like Chris Sale isnt going to win the Cy Young due to his long stint of not playing.

Now, the baseball world may get it wrong and pick Ohtani because of the hype and anti-Yankee bias, but to say its not even debatable is disgusting and lazy on his part.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

IMO, the limiting of Ohtani's at-bats has helped make his OPS numbers look better as I think there would be some regression if he was having close to 600 plate appearances like Andujar. Limited plate appearances allowed Ohtani to limit his exposure to left-handed pitching, batting slumps and fatigue.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    IMO, the limiting of Ohtani's at-bats has helped make his OPS numbers look better as I think there would be some regression if he was having close to 600 plate appearances like Andujar. Limited plate appearances allowed Ohtani to limit his exposure to left-handed pitching, batting slumps and fatigue.
    It may matter for future projection. I don't see how it affects his case for ROY which is about his regular season contribution.

It may matter for future projection. I don't see how it affects his case for ROY which is about his regular season contribution.
    Next year, without him pitching, I say that Ohtani will be making more plate appearances. It should be interesting to see how that plays out.

By the way just Dhing should be a negative towards Ohtani's ROY consideration.

NYYF Legend

Btw Joey Wendle actually has a very good case for ROY, maybe better than Othani.

NYYF Legend

By the way just Dhing should be a negative towards Ohtani's ROY consideration.
    WAR is positional adjusted and their WAR are basically the same. It shows how much Andujar defense hurts his value. As I said earlier, Andujar would be a no-brianer if his defense is average.

WAR is positional adjusted and their WAR are basically the same. It shows how much Andujar defense hurts his value. As I said earlier, Andujar would be a no-brianer if his defense is average.
    Well, I'm rooting for Andujar despite what WAR says.

NYYF Legend

Well, I'm rooting for Andujar despite what WAR says.
    For record I'm rooting for Gleyber Torres despite what stats say. I hope he could win it, but not sure he would/ should win it.

Thread Information