+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 114
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    CC Re-signs for $10 Million!

    Mark Feinsand‏ @Feinsand 43s43 seconds ago
    BREAKING: According to a source, the Yankees have agreed to a one-year deal with CC Sabathia worth $10 million. The deal is pending a physical.

    EDIT: Can a mod please edit the title to "Re-sign"? That's literally one of my biggest pet peeves on sports message boards, and I went and did it myself.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  2. #2

    Yankees re-sign CC

    BREAKING: According to a source, the Yankees have agreed to a one-year deal with CC Sabathia worth $10 million. The deal is pending a physical. Feinsand

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    BREAKING: According to a source, the Yankees have agreed to a one-year deal with CC Sabathia worth $10 million. The deal is pending a physical. Feinsand
    Right price. Right length. Good deal.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  4. #4
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    This should end any talk of Greinke. Concerned about the knee but better than some of the rumors.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  5. #5

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    Good deal.
    Let's Go Yankees!

  6. #6

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post

    Right price. Right length. Good deal.
    Agreed, this shores up the back of the rotation and allows us to use Adams as a chip for a TOR starter.

    Frazier and Adams for Duffy, Cole, Fulmer or Archer.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    This should end any talk of Greinke. Concerned about the knee but better than some of the rumors.
    You should have no concern about this - it's only one year of commitment and way, way below his production. If he gets hurt they have young bucks waiting in the wings. He very clearly took less to come back and be a part of this team. This is a "hometown discount" for sure.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  8. #8

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    This should end any talk of Greinke. Concerned about the knee but better than some of the rumors.
    10Mill is a good deal. Doesn't necessarily take us out of Greinke depending on the net salary we take on in the trade. It probably takes us out of any FA pitcher like Arrietta or Darvish

  9. #9

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    *Yankees show CC the lineup card*
    Cashman "you want in?"
    CC "I'm in "

  10. #10

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    ATTENTION MODS

    Can someone please merge the two CC threads?

    They were both posted at exactly the same time.

    Thanks
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

  11. #11

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post

    *Yankees show CC the lineup card*
    Cashman "you want in?"
    CC "I'm in "
    Cashman: "You wanna pitch for us or against us?

    CC: "FOR"
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

  12. #12

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    Good deal
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

  13. #13

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    If CC is healthy, he should definitely be more than worth the 10M. Good signing.

  14. #14
    Beer Snob 21stAmendment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rutherford, NJ

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    The ol Andy Pettitte deal. Make no mistake, cc could of gotten more $ for more years
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

  15. #15

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    How much money is left to spend now?

  16. #16
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    You should have no concern about this - it's only one year of commitment and way, way below his production. If he gets hurt they have young bucks waiting in the wings. He very clearly took less to come back and be a part of this team. This is a "hometown discount" for sure.
    That is true. I just hope it doesn’t end talk of acquiring another young pitcher as is being discussed
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  17. #17
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    Quote Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
    10Mill is a good deal. Doesn't necessarily take us out of Greinke depending on the net salary we take on in the trade. It probably takes us out of any FA pitcher like Arrietta or Darvish
    Do nit want Greinkel want young pitchers. Cole most likely.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  18. #18

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    How much money is left to spend now?
    Probably 15M ish to lv room for in season, depending on arb awards

  19. #19
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: Yankees re-sign CC

    Hopefully, that will clean-up the issues with these two threads to everyone's liking.

  20. #20

    Re: Yankees sign CC

    Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    How much money is left to spend now?
    If we're gonna trade for a TOR starter, we probably have to put Gardner in a deal with prospects just to stay under the cap. Of course I would prefer they take Ellsbury, but I just don't see that happening with three years left on his deal. Gardner is a better player, cheaper, and he only has one year left on his contract. Another team can swallow that if they get the prospects they want, like Frazier and Adams or something along those lines.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

  21. #21
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    That is true. I just hope it doesn’t end talk of acquiring another young pitcher as is being discussed
    Doesn't look like it will.

    Joel Sherman‏ @Joelsherman1 4m4 minutes ago
    #Yankees always wanted Sabathia back and he did not want to leave. NYY now has same group that ended yr: CC, Gray, Severino, Montgomery, Tanaka. Want to add 1 more, likely thru trade. Have Adams, Abreu, Sheffield for further AAA depth


    Plus I'd pay CC $10 million just to be in the clubhouse and on the bench in 2018. I think he's that important in the clubhouse, and especially to this group they're putting together.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  22. #22

    Re: Yankees re-sign CC

    Great deal. Now get a #3

  23. #23
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Doesn't look like it will.

    Joel Sherman‏ @Joelsherman1 4m4 minutes ago
    #Yankees always wanted Sabathia back and he did not want to leave. NYY now has same group that ended yr: CC, Gray, Severino, Montgomery, Tanaka. Want to add 1 more, likely thru trade. Have Adams, Abreu, Sheffield for further AAA depth


    Plus I'd pay CC $10 million just to be in the clubhouse and on the bench in 2018. I think he's that important in the clubhouse, and especially to this group they're putting together.
    In that case good deal.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  24. #24

    Re: Yankees re-sign CC

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    Hopefully, that will clean-up the issues with these two threads to everyone's liking.
    Thank You, Matt
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

  25. #25

    Re: CC Resigns for $10 Million!

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    That is true. I just hope it doesn’t end talk of acquiring another young pitcher as is being discussed
    The young pitchers will 'cost' prospects not big money. Cashman said he wanted to add 2 pitchers. It likely takes us out of the Arrieta/Darvish hunt. Greinke all depends on how much salary we take on from the trade.

    Does Arizona have alot of options? It only takes one team willing to take on big money but right now it's doubtful any team is willing most to all his salary. If not then the Yanks are in the drivers seat if Arizona really wants to shed PART of the salary to go after JD (which supposedly is their top priority they have publicly told their fans)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts