+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1418

Re: The Hunt for Gerrit Cole

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    If? How about never in a million years.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5946055-re...le?a_aid=43144
    So the Pirates want the #3 prospect in baseball for Cole, but if the Astros don't trade either of their top two prospects then what does that tell us? Let's screw the Yankees if we can, but if not then settle for less from the Astros.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So the Pirates want the #3 prospect in baseball for Cole, but if the Astros don't trade either of their top two prospects then what does that tell us? Let's screw the Yankees if we can, but if not then settle for less from the Astros.
    Seriously, that's almost like taking less in a trade just to spite the Yankees.

Seriously, that's almost like taking less in a trade just to spite the Yankees.
    Listen, we know the Yankees are hated in MLB so there's a lot of jealousy. Therefore, I'm not surprised if that's the case. Teams whether make a lesser deal with another team then to do the Yankees any favors by making a fair trade.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

I'm thinking that Cashman should stop giving the Pirates useful ML pieces for virtually free. F the Pirates!

If? How about never in a million years.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5946055-re...le?a_aid=43144
    LOL they're going to trade Cole to the Astros for a lesser package just because the babies can't get their way?

Spot on.

I don't buy that there's a higher price for the Yankees or there's any motivation to demand more from the Yankees. There's a pretty long history of trades between these clubs and these GMs and its an NL club dealing with an AL club.

If they do a deal with the Astros instead of the Yankees it will be because they like the prospects the Astros are offering more.

I can definitely see Frazier as a prospect that has mixed reviews around the league. He's got upside but some may not feel he'll reach that and that may be the case with the Pirates where they're just not that enamored with him as the center piece.

Its also very possible that Cash isn't offering as much as we think. He wouldn't deal Frazier for Gray who had similar control and better recent results than Cole. If he is willing to deal Frazier I don't think he's packaging much with him. I imagine many are calling to try to get Frazier on the cheap, but I don't see Cashman lowering his value that much from midseason just because there is a less of need for him right now. He knows lots can change.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    I don't buy that there's a higher price for the Yankees or there's any motivation to demand more from the Yankees. There's a pretty long history of trades between these clubs and these GMs and its an NL club dealing with an AL club.

If they do a deal with the Astros instead of the Yankees it will be because they like the prospects the Astros are offering more.

I can definitely see Frazier as a prospect that has mixed reviews around the league. He's got upside but some may not feel he'll reach that and that may be the case with the Pirates where they're just not that enamored with him as the center piece.

Its also very possible that Cash isn't offering as much as we think. He wouldn't deal Frazier for Gray who had similar control and better recent results than Cole. If he is willing to deal Frazier I don't think he's packaging much with him. I imagine many are calling to try to get Frazier on the cheap, but I don't see Cashman lowering his value that much from midseason just because there is a less of need for him right now. He knows lots can change.
    I imagine that was probably said about Aaron Judge. Didn't he have mixed reviews, especially after his call-up in 2016?

NYYF Legend

I've read a couple of separate (but possibly related) reports recently that seem to insinuate that the Pirates are more interested in a 3rd baseman (Andujar?) than they are Frazier. Cashman is deep in OFers & I'm sure he'd rather give one up than to deal Andujar.

Cashman also said something like Andujar deserves a chance to show what he's got, whereas I can't really recall any recent remarks he's made about Frazier.

A game of poker, I tell ya.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    I imagine that was probably said about Aaron Judge. Didn't he have mixed reviews, especially after his call-up in 2016?
    He was. How is that relevant though? If the Pirates don't like Frazier as much as the Yankees or other teams do they're not a good match for a trade. They might be right in their assessment if that is in fact their assessment and to your point they definitely might be wrong. That said how Frazier actually turns out though is completely irrelevant to the point I was making about other teams like the Pirates potentially not being that high on him. My point was simply that is far more likely the case than a "Yankee trade tax." An idea that is pretty funny considering the Stanton trade is still fresh and the many other trades Cashman has dominated the past couple years.

Tim Brown‏
    Verified account

@TBrownYahoo
    Following
    Following @TBrownYahoo

More
    Hearing Pirates and Astros have a trade. Sources say Musgrove and Moran to Pitt for Gerrit Cole.

This.... can't be true.. OMG Pittsburgh.

Shocking if that is all that was traded. Truly.

NYYF Legend

Robbery.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Astros gave up spare parts and got Cole? This doesn't make any sense.

Rosenthal confirming (again).

NYYF Legend

That's legit one of the worst trades I've ever seen.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Heyman confirmed it as well..

yet they wanted Torres..

Pirates can ................ themselves like the Red Sox, no wonder they don't win .................

I try not to name call but Neal Huntington is a doofus.

Thankfully I don't have to hear his name again when it comes to trade talks. Now we get to use him as batting practice. Welcome to the hard-hittin AL, Gerrit!

Well that's a legit screw the Yankees trade.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

well now Heyman is saying more going to Pitt.

NYYF Legend

It sets the market for SP. Time to Fulmer pivot.
    Calmer than you are

Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
    17s
    18 seconds ago

More
    sources: pirates will get 4 back in gerrit cole, tho musgrove and moran are expected to be the main pieces

ok so they're still the "main pieces" awful.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    @JonHeyman

sources: pirates will get 4 back in gerrit cole, tho musgrove and moran are expected to be the main pieces

Trash.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Want to see the whole package.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Thread Information