+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18

Re: 2018 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

I wonder how sensitive to the fans he might be. They have a right to boo, but they certainly are not helping the cause, whether or not they are hurting it.

He probably just needs to relax more.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    I wonder how sensitive to the fans he might be. They have a right to boo, but they certainly are not helping the cause, whether or not they are hurting it.

He probably just needs to relax more.
    I’m not sure why professional athletes would ever need to relax more. It’s resisting the tendencies that got them there in the first place.

When Yankees acquired Stanton via Trade by Marlins. everyone from Yankees haters and media criticizing Yankees are back as Evil Empire, and They don't need him blah blah. but when Redsox acquired JD Martinez everyone media praising, its great signing, Redsox need him, they last in HR last year since Big Papi retired. Where is Double standard?

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    When Yankees acquired Stanton via Trade by Marlins. everyone from Yankees haters and media criticizing Yankees are back as Evil Empire, and They don't need him blah blah. but when Redsox acquired JD Martinez everyone media praising, its great signing, Redsox need him, they last in HR last year since Big Papi retired. Where is Double standard?
    I've long since accepted that there will always be a double standard when it comes to the Yankees. Redsox lead in payroll this year also by alot.

So Sterling updated his home run call to now some variation on the song "Non dimenticar".... and he sung it. He's no Nat King Cole.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

I really can't wait for him to come around. A month of sub .200 offense out of his is getting really old.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

It's weird cause I just watched all his 2017 home runs and he was destroying the same pitches he's missing now. It has to be his timing.

Just be patient, city change, cold weather, biggest market, getting used to DHing and playing left. There’s a lot of changes this guys had to adjust too. He will perform.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Just be patient, city change, cold weather, biggest market, getting used to DHing and playing left. There’s a lot of changes this guys had to adjust too. He will perform.
    i been studying stanton swing and he is limited.. if you throw a breaking pitch down and away or a fastball up and away most times he won't touch because of his stance.. now if you make a mistake in his zone he will tear the cover off the ball.. e has a very stiff stance does not allow for a lot of movement for him to go out and extend ....

Two new home run calls that John Sterling is reportedly working on:

1. Giancarlo! What have you brought to this team besides sorrow?

2. Giancarlo! Perché non fai quello che ha fatto l'altro Mike Stanton e bevi un "milkshake domenicano" o strofina un po 'di crema su tutto il corpo?

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Two new home run calls that John Sterling is reportedly working on:

1. Giancarlo! What have you brought to this team besides sorrow?

2. Giancarlo! Perché non fai quello che ha fatto l'altro Mike Stanton e bevi un "milkshake domenicano" o strofina un po 'di crema su tutto il corpo?
    Wait. The other Mike Stanton did roids?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    i been studying stanton swing and he is limited.. if you throw a breaking pitch down and away or a fastball up and away most times he won't touch because of his stance.. now if you make a mistake in his zone he will tear the cover off the ball.. e has a very stiff stance does not allow for a lot of movement for him to go out and extend ....
    He will need to fix it if he is to reach his full potential and become an MVP caliber talent.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I believe I read it somewhere a while back. Doing a google search on “Mike Stanton” even “Mike Stanton pitcher” brings up mostly Giancarlo results. Im lying on a beach in FL at the moment so I didn’t put much effort into it.

I did find this, though:

Testifying for a sixth day in the perjury trial of Clemens, McNamee, told jurors that he offered HGH to Andy Pettitte and Chuck Knoblauch while helping Mike Stanton to obtain the drug.
    http://www.isteroids.com/blog/tag/mike-stanton/

BTW, I know Giancarlo will produce. My post was just an attempt at humor and Sterling.

BTW, I know Giancarlo will produce. My post was just an attempt at humor and Sterling.
    paul oneill pointed out that stanton is pulling away on his swing.. so on outside pitches he is going to have problems.. maybe he needs to adjust his swing again.. cause it is now working right now...

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    paul oneill pointed out that stanton is pulling away on his swing.. so on outside pitches he is going to have problems.. maybe he needs to adjust his swing again.. cause it is now working right now...
    He adjusted it in the middle of last year right? them again this offseason?
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

His arm looks weak to me.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Mike Stanton the pitcher was in the Mitchell Report, yes. Implicated by Kirk Radomski and Brian MacNamee, allegations he denies.

Forget about the homer. I love how he went the opposite way against the shift. Something Mark Teixeira was unable to do even once during his 8 years here.

Forget about the homer. I love how he went the opposite way against the shift. Something Mark Teixeira was unable to do even once during his 8 years here.
    both giambi and texeira use to be better hitters before they came to the yanks.. they use to hit the ball to left center.. but once they came to the yankees they both became pull happy and the shift killed them and they:re averages dropped by a lot starting in they:re second year on....

Giambi hit 209 HRs for NY in 7 years, a .925 OPS and a 143 OPS+. He played 7 years for the A's before that, 187 HRs, .957 OPS, 149 OPS+.

People remember him as a lot worse then he was, he wasn't a consistent MVP candidate as we hoped/expected when we signed him, but he was quite good offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Giambi hit 209 HRs for NY in 7 years, a .925 OPS and a 143 OPS+. He played 7 years for the A's before that, 187 HRs, .957 OPS, 149 OPS+.

People remember him as a lot worse then he was, he wasn't a consistent MVP candidate as we hoped/expected when we signed him, but he was quite good offensively.
    giambi last 3 years with oakland he hit well over 300 had one mvp and could have won another..

Thread Information