+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 53 54 55 56
Results 1,376 to 1,383 of 1383

Re: 2018 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

this is last year stanton the way he has been playing.. a shame the first 2 months he decided to go with that crazy stance. instead of the stance he has now.. he would have hit over 50 home runs this year..

Why isn't Stanton playing the OF? Yanks took on a 10 year 250 million dollar obligation for someone who can't play the field and has never had an OBP greater than .400? If he truly cannot play the field, this was a questionable acquisition given that Sanchez and Andujar are both going to need time at DH.

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    Why isn't Stanton playing the OF? Yanks took on a 10 year 250 million dollar obligation for someone who can't play the field and has never had an OBP greater than .400? If he truly cannot play the field, this was a questionable acquisition given that Sanchez and Andujar are both going to need time at DH.
    You realize he has been nursing an injury right?

I can imagine his sore hamstring is affecting his batting as well, i.e., he could be hitting better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    I can imagine his sore hamstring is affecting his batting as well, i.e., he could be hitting better than he is.

his hitting was affected the first 2 months by that crazy exaggerated stance he had the first 2 months.. if only he had the stance he has right now he hit 50 home runs again...

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    His hitting has been just fine - 10 for his last 26 with 3 HR. Since June 13, he’s been on a tear:

59 games, 260 PA, .330/.385/.604/.989, 16HR, 44 RBI
    Last edited by Bill Marsh; Today at 07:48 AM.

His numerous solo HRs is a testament that Gardy wasn't getting on base often enough.

Stantonís a savage
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Thread Information