+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 66 73 74 75 76
Results 1,876 to 1,877 of 1877

Re: 2018 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

f
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I was obnoxiously supportive of the Stanton trade and even though he came short of my hopes in 2018, I'm still ecstatic they did it; the value of acquiring an elite guy, who has positive impact on both sides of the ball, in his prime, at a $22M AAV is absurd even with the down year.

Hopefully things even out a bit more in year 2, he settles in, and the value gets even greater, but this deal is still crazy good to me - even if it wasn't as amazing as I envisioned heading into 2018.
    IMO, Stanton isn't a defensive wizard. Offensively, he possesses a "going yard" mindset and he isn't a get on base any way you can and move the runners up a base or two hitter.

As he ages, he will be a full time DH and untradeable to an NL team.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Re: 2018 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    f

IMO, Stanton isn't a defensive wizard. Offensively, he possesses a "going yard" mindset and he isn't a get on base any way you can and move the runners up a base or two hitter.

As he ages, he will be a full time DH and untradeable to an NL team.
    You are assuming that the DH is not implemented - IMO, it likely will be in the next CBA as the owners give the PA something in return for other provisions.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Thread Information