+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1834

Re: 2018 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    So odd when you look at his counting stats how empty his year was.

When he went deep twice on opening day, I thought the Yankees finally got an elite hitter that was going to put the fear of God in all opposing pitchers. That last at bat epitomized his season. A lost one.
    Fortunately, I think this was him at his worst. I think he’ll improve. A lot of changes this year for him.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Worst 38-HR hitter I have ever seen.

His regular season was ok considering all his career changes. However his playoff performance was atrocious. The whole "swing as hard as you can and hope the ball is there" approach makes me want to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Fortunately, I think this was him at his worst. I think he’ll improve. A lot of changes this year for him.
    He doesn't have the mindset to handle NY. His contract is a killer if the Yanks are gonna be hyper vigilant about the luxury tax.

He needs to go.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Legit curious: why?
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Man, who would have thought he'd stare at a first pitch strike going by him, then strike out at two low and away pitches a foot out of the zone?

Stanton makes this team better, but man is he frustrating. I also don't understand why any pitcher throws anything but low and away him.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Man, who would have thought he'd stare at a first pitch strike going by him, then strike out at two low and away pitches a foot out of the zone?

Stanton makes this team better, but man is he frustrating. I also don't understand why any pitcher throws anything but low and away him.
    He will not lay off low and away.

Two Stantons aren't even worth one O'Neill

NYYF Legend

I'm going to be rational and give him another year or so to improve as he gets more comfortable in NY. He had a good season and stepped up when judge was out.

He didn't have a good postseason but neither did most of the lineup.

If they decide to trade him so be it but you have to be crazy not to be happy to have him at a high but probably below market deal.

NYYF Legend

Stanton looking to bring out the positives. Bah.

Facing Kimbrel: "You gotta put the ball in play, gotta get a pitch out over the plate."

So why were you swinging at that trash, you idiot?

He just isnt great. Good power hitter with a ton of holes in his swing. He is not an elite hitter. Everyone got seduced by last season, but in reality thats a career year for him. The likelihood of him ever getting close to that again is slim.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    He just isnt great. Good power hitter with a ton of holes in his swing. He is not an elite hitter. Everyone got seduced by last season, but in reality thats a career year for him. The likelihood of him ever getting close to that again is slim.

what a horror stanton was against the sox in so many clutch situations.. he was the number one hitter who failed the yanks the most...

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Stanton looking to bring out the positives. Bah.

Facing Kimbrel: "You gotta put the ball in play, gotta get a pitch out over the plate."

So why were you swinging at that trash, you idiot?
    Stanton is a selfish greedy batter. Instead of prolonging an inning with a solid single for the next batter up, he wanted all the glory for himself by swinging for the fences and he whiffed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    This is why I was very weary when this trade was made. You don't trade for players based on career years.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    I'm going to be rational and give him another year or so to improve as he gets more comfortable in NY. He had a good season and stepped up when judge was out.

He didn't have a good postseason but neither did most of the lineup.

If they decide to trade him so be it but you have to be crazy not to be happy to have him at a high but probably below market deal.
    Yeah, I’ll give the little kiddo another year to right himself but he’s also gotta have a huge postseason to atone for this.

At least when A-rod was disappointing the masses, he was still manning the hot corner. Giancarlo literally strolls to the plate every few innings, goes into a quick 0-2 hole and shortly after strikes out, only to waltz back to the dugout and repeat this 4-5 times a game. I mean that is a real luxurious way to make $30+ million.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
    At least when A-rod was disappointing the masses, he was still manning the hot corner. Giancarlo literally strolls to the plate every few innings, goes into a quick 0-2 hole and shortly after strikes out, only to waltz back to the dugout and repeat this 4-5 times a game. I mean that is a real luxurious way to make $30+ million.
    Hey, hey. He had three groundouts in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    hey, hey. He had three groundouts in this game.

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

As mad as I am with Stanton right now. I'm willing to give him another chance (ducks beer being thrown at me) Gardner has had 14 series he's played and failed in. Pretty sure he's hitting around .200 in his playoff games. Tex, Swisher, Gardner, Granderson etc etc. Why can't we have players that come up big when it counts..
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......

How sad is it when your cleanup hitter comes up with the chance to do damage in the 9th inning in a must win playoff game and your first thought is please don't hit into a double play.

Stanton is likely going to remain about what we saw this year. He has giant holes in his swing, puts some good numbers on the board, is undisciplined and will strikeout a lot. If we gamble he will improve next season and he has a bad year he will be almost impossible to move.

A bum that I will keep rooting for...because.

F***.

I haven't read this thread in a while until now.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    He will not lay off low and away.
    Giancarlo, los breaking pitches puo stopparlo.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Check out the pitch chart on his last AB. Wow.

http://riveraveblues.com/2018/10/red...-ninth-179878/

Thread Information