+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1835
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: 2018 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    T
    Agree, Agree, Agree. When I heard the rumors the Yankees might pursue him in the off season I literally laughed it off. Certainly after just getting out from A-Rods deal I thought there was no chance Cashman would take on another ten year deal, especially for someone who profilles as high strikeout DH type. Wow was I wrong. And the worse is yet to come in the form of opportunity cost.
    Yep, I didn't see this coming and happy to unload Castro (win-win) but like you I am worried it may be another Arod contract. I hate his swing now. I think Marcus Thames is useless in helping with him. I think HOU and BoSox have these tablets in the dugouts (NESN in last NYY vs BOS contest) - they seem to know what pitches. Boone only gave him 3 games off all year which I think is bad, Having him in top of the lineup when his OBP is maybe 0.3 (more walks than hits wouldn't surprise me either) I find troubling. Like the post earlier - I hope he gets hot but I don't see any indication in the last recent games. Yes, I'm worried.

NYYF Legend

Keep hitting the ball into the ground Gian. Nothing wrong with your swing at all. Go workout with Chris Davis in the offseason.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Gian is now batting .259, regressing back into his mother's womb.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Keep hitting the ball into the ground Gian. Nothing wrong with your swing at all. Go workout with Chris Davis in the offseason.
    He needs a peak performance coach/ sports psychologist in addition to a hitting coach.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    The team’s approach hasn’t changed since the ASG,

Which I believe is the problem, or they can just keep leaving all those runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by 24Rickey View Post
    Which I believe is the problem, or they can just keep leaving all those runners on 2nd and 3rd.
    Leaving runners on 3rd? What are you talking about? They lead the league in Sac Flies, every one of which scored a runner from 3rd, they’ve grounded into the 5th fewest DP’s w/RISP, and they’re 5th in scoring runners from 3rd overall.

Hopefully, last night's double has poured ice cold water on Stanton's face waking him up to once again produce.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Leaving runners on 3rd? What are you talking about? They lead the league in Sac Flies, every one of which scored a runner from 3rd, they’ve grounded into the 5th fewest DP’s w/RISP, and they’re 5th in scoring runners from 3rd overall.
    You know whats better then sac flies? Hits.

Of the 9 teams that are headed to the postseason so far the Yankees rank 9th in runs scored with RISP.

With RISP and 2 outs they rank 12 with teams like the Mets and the Twins ranking higher.

Houston for example has 5 less at bats then the Yankees with runners in scoring position and have scored 57 more runs

So if they rank 9th and 12th it means one thing right? They hit sac flies while the other teams are getting hits and extending innings. And hits> sac flies

Quote Originally Posted by 24Rickey View Post
    You know whats better then sac flies? Hits.

Of the 9 teams that are headed to the postseason so far the Yankees rank 9th in runs scored with RISP.

With RISP and 2 outs they rank 12 with teams like the Mets and the Twins ranking higher.

Houston for example has 5 less at bats then the Yankees with runners in scoring position and have scored 57 more runs

So if they rank 9th and 12th it means one thing right? They hit sac flies while the other teams are getting hits and extending innings. And hits> sac flies
    Not so fast. Of the 9 teams headed for the playoffs, the Yankees have scored the 2nd most runs. Peeiod. You know what’s better than ordinary hits? Home Runs.

They’ve scored 21 runs more than Houston. They’ve scored 71 runs more than the Cubs, the NL’s best team.

Getting runners past 3B is not their problem.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but Cashman should call up Friedman this winter and try to hammer out a deal to send Stanton to the Dodgers, the team he really wanted to play for all along.

Stanton's salary can be put to far better use elsewhere...
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but Cashman should call up Friedman this winter and try to hammer out a deal to send Stanton to the Dodgers, the team he really wanted to play for all along.

Stanton's salary can be put to far better use elsewhere...
    I was thinking about this too, would like to get one of their catcher prospects back (Ruiz is too much, but Will Smith might work). Then we could sign Machado and Harper...

Danny Tartabull 2.0

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Danny Tartabull 2.0
    Maybe we can trade him for Ruben Sierra 2.0 and some other player.

NYYF Legend

I don't think he'd waive his NTC, however I'd certainly ask him to.

He shouldn't bat any higher than 6th or 7th. Time to stop worrying about feelings.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

I dont think I've ever seen a 35hr, 94 rbi, .260 hitter get so much criticism. If you want to get angry about a contract get angry about Ellsbury. Can we let the guy play one full season, post season included before we trade him for ruben Sierra 2.0?

NYYF Triple Crown

He’s running out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks1026 View Post
    I dont think I've ever seen a 35hr, 94 rbi, .260 hitter get so much criticism. If you want to get angry about a contract get angry about Ellsbury. Can we let the guy play one full season, post season included before we trade him for ruben Sierra 2.0?

stanton been absolutely terrible since late august...he is hitting worse then gary has been

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    stanton been absolutely terrible since late august...he is hitting worse then gary has been
    For myself personally, for what he is making ($28M annually), I expected he would smack 50 HRs, drive in 120 RBIs, score 100 runs and hit .275 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    Yes he goes hot and cold. But since when do we judge a player on 3+ weeks of a season?

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    For myself personally, for what he is making ($28M annually), I expected he would smack 50 HRs, drive in 120 RBIs, score 100 runs and hit .275 this season.
    His numbers are just a touch below his 162 game avg, this is about what you should expect from him. Yes he is overpaid. A lot of players are overpaid, but it could bee a lot worse. Compare his numbers to Ellsbury. Ellsbury makes 21 million a year. He has hit a whopping 23 hr in the past 4 years with 128 rbis...
    Last edited by Yanks1026; 09-27-18 at 07:02 AM.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Stanton is the new A-Rod. Not sure he's ever going to quite live up to the expectations we fans have of him. Worse, he'll become the punching bag for whatever is wrong with the team.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Stanton is the new A-Rod. Not sure he's ever going to quite live up to the expectations we fans have of him. Worse, he'll become the punching bag for whatever is wrong with the team.
    Huh? He's well below his career average by a sizeable gap. 2018: wRC+ 121. Career coming into 2018 was wRC+ 145. That's the difference between a Machado/Carpenter and Mallex Smith.

This isn't an A-Rod thing, the guy is vastly under-producing. He's in the prime of his career and went from a pitchers park to a big hitters park, a HR park. Fans have the right to be disappointed.
    Calmer than you are

Gian homered two times in this afternoon's massacre of the Rays 12-1.

Good time to heat up. Needs to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Good time to heat up. Needs to keep it up.
    Too bad those homers came when the score was already 10-0. There's stat padding and then there's Stanton padding.

Thread Information