+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
    Devoted Member

Report: Aaron Boone is the new manager

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/sport...icle-1.3671300

The NYDN article does not offer much, as this broke minutes ago...

If he tears his ACL before spring training, will they hire A-Rod?

Edit: Buster Olney has also reported that it’s Boone. https://mobile.twitter.com/Buster_ES...66473703448576

Re: Report: Aaron Boone is the new manager

Not a fan of this. Hope he proves me wrong.

I preferred Muelens

I've made a huge mistake Gob Rules's Avatar

Waaack

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post

I preferred Muelens
    Yeah, but we don't know how each of them interviewed. If Muelens came from an organization that was heavy into metrics that might have helped.

Yuck.

NYYF Legend

Well folks wanted Girardi gone. You got your wish!

If he did blow them away as stated and they provide an experienced bench coach I will have no problems with it.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

I have no idea how anyone could be happy or upset with this. None of us know anything about Boone's managerial style. I trust Cashman so let's see how he does.

Giants beat reporter implied Meulens not leaving SF wasn't his decision. If the Giants didn't want him to go -- why was he allowed to be interviewed?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post

I preferred Muelens
    This is totally where I'm at with it - I really am hoping for the best, and trusting they got it correct. I wouldn't say not a fan though, but instead I thought things were clearly pointing in Bam Bam's direction. I obviously don't know enough to say I'm right, but man, Meulens felt like the right choice when comparing the two.

Aaron having a total douchebag brother doesn't exactly help my willingness to embrace this, either. Nor does him being one nasally MF.

Let's go win a championship, though!
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    I have no idea how anyone could be happy or upset with this. None of us know anything about Boone's managerial style. I trust Cashman so let's see how he does.
    This.

Wanted Bam Bam, but now just have to watch the games and see what happens. Should be a fun year
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

It is kind of funny how people choose which is the best candidate. We have no idea how this choice is going to work out.

Richmond Virginians

Why all of the negatives about Boone

I'm pretty indifferent to this. I really think Cashman wants a guy who will just take marching orders. Boone must have said the right things in the interview, plus he's a somewhat mythical figure in Yankees history (he had such a legendary moment and then disappeared instantly) which will intrigue fans.

Richmond Virginians

admittedly stunned, but I'll trust Cashman.

I guess Boone had to have killed his interview since Hal said he preferred someone with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    This is totally where I'm at with it - I really am hoping for the best, and trusting they got it correct. I wouldn't say not a fan though, but instead I thought things were clearly pointing in Bam Bam's direction. I obviously don't know enough to say I'm right, but man, Meulens felt like the right choice when comparing the two.

Aaron having a total douchebag brother doesn't exactly help my willingness to embrace this, either. Nor does him being one nasally MF.

Let's go win a championship, though!
    One thing I learned, a person can't help who his father, mother or sibling is.... That decision is taken out of each of our's controls. From what Michael Kay said today and the audio piece he played from Joe Buck, these two brothers are quite different. Have you heard the story about Aaron hitting that homer against the Red Sox and how his brother reacted, who was calling the game for Fox with Buck? If not, then you should look it up.

I had no preconceived notion before the interviews began. I was just hoping they picked the best candidate. Looks like they did. Those 5-6 hours of interviewing, probing and questioning likely dug up a lot of things that we don't know.

Boone's got a fun, young team to manage. Let's see how he does.

NYYF Legend

From the information we had, Meulens seemed to offer a lot more, I think. There was nothing distinctive on Boone in anything that was presented to us in the media.

Bam Bam had a loyal following in SF where they were grooming him to succeed a HOF manager, won championships as an integral part of the coaching staff there, spoke multiple languages, had a report with some of the best players in baseball, and had experience helming the Dutch national team to surprising victories over the years.

Boone was an analyst for ESPN.

I trust them that they got it right, but I think that's where some of the confusion and/or pushback is coming from. I believe what they know about Aaron via their history and the interview process is so much more than what we have right now.

And I hope that knowledge is truly compelling.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Mike Mazzeo‏
    Verified account

@MazzNYDN
    42s
    43 seconds ago

More
    Aaron Boone is said to have been the pick due to his "polish." An engaging personality who embraces analytics #Yankees

They saved a lot of salary on his contract by hiring him too. Probably makes 1 mil or less.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    From the information we had, Meulens seemed to offer a lot more, I think. There was nothing distinctive on Boone in anything that was presented to us in the media.

Bam Bam had a loyal following in SF where they were grooming him to succeed a HOF manager, won championships as an integral part of the coaching staff there, spoke multiple languages, had a report with some of the best players in baseball, and had experience helming the Dutch national team to surprising victories over the years.

Boone was an analyst for ESPN.

I trust them that they got it right, but I think that's where some of the confusion and/or pushback is coming from. I believe what they know about Aaron via their history and the interview process is so much more than what we have right now.

And I hope that knowledge is truly compelling.
    Well per a tweet above Meulens may not have been permitted to take the job (if he was even asked)

Since I wasn't in the room when he was interviewed, just have to trust Cashman. Glad it wasn't a retread. Now just get some good people around him for his staff and let's play ball (I hate winter)
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Cy Young

At the very least we won’t have to hear Boone announce anymore. He was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    They saved a lot of salary on his contract by hiring him too. Probably makes 1 mil or less.
    I bet you it's more than a 1M.

Thread Information