Closed Thread

ATTENTION EVERYONE – New Community Standards

Big news - our revised Community Standards are finally online. Please access them on the footer of the page, towards the right-hand edge.....

The main point of differentiation between NYYFans and most other sports forums is the sense of community that has been fostered here, since our site was founded many years ago. In order to maintain this atmosphere, we must hold posters to certain basic expectations when participating here.....

To this end, we will be conducting a relaunch of our Community Standards over the next 30 days. During this time, the Moderating Team will be pointing out posts and behaviors that run afoul of these standards and gently reminding community members to reference them. We do, however, reserve the right to suspend and/or ban users during this time for violations of the standards that obviously warrant this type of action. Upon the conclusion of this soft-launch (December 13, 2017), the expectation will be full compliance with the Community Standards and violations of these standards will be dealt with in a more decisive manner.

Re: ATTENTION EVERYONE – New Community Standards

Why was ShannonC released?
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

I steadfastly refuse to quit making muggs jokes.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Why was ShannonC released?
    I’m wondering also. I saw the exchange and while it was a heated debate I didn’t see evidence of trolling. If it can’t be discussed publicly I get it. Just curious because it’s unfortunate.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I’m wondering also. I saw the exchange and while it was a heated debate I didn’t see evidence of trolling. If it can’t be discussed publicly I get it. Just curious because it’s unfortunate.
    Can't be discussed publicly? It's a baseball message board, I doubt it affects national security.

At the least they could inform us which CS guideline was violated, as an example for everyone.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Go back to Cali, Cali, Cali ArodEra's Avatar

In addition, I thought that calling someone a troll was against CS (I know that I was suspended for calling a *real* troll one). Multiple people called her that without repercussion. I actually give her credit for her restraint and for taking the high road in her responses to those charges without retaliation and for continuing to stay on point.

Folks: Moderators are not and should not be expected to discuss any actions they take on this site. To do so would open up multiple areas of conflict among users where not everyone has all of the information, some of which can be confidential. There is a moderating forum where problems are addressed and consensus agreed upon. Decisions made there are final and are not up for debate.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information