+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3165

Re: 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    If they can get Votto straight up for Ellsbury that would obviously be attractive, however I suspect the Yankees will have to give up good prospects in the deal and I would not be willing to assume that contract and give up prospects even if they took Ellsbury's entire deal. Ellsbury is owed about 68 million over the next three years which is sunk cost. If they can get someone to assume 5-8 million a year of that deal in return of a marginal prospect I would do it in a heart beat.
    With only a fringe prospect, me thinks it will take a lot more than that salary wise. As I have said before, I can see them carrying Ells through July/August and then just waiving him, unless he is experiencing a spike in production.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    Is it feasible to try and trade for arenado now?
    IMO, that is a bigger need than Stanton.
    Not likely as Colorado views this as their window to take a shot at the title.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'd do Votto for Ells + some stuff.

However I don't think there is any chance the Reds do it. Could never sell it to their fan base.
    I image the Reds would do it if "some stuff" was Gleyber, Sheffield and another prospect or two.
    Baseball is life;

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    With only a fringe prospect, me thinks it will take a lot more than that salary wise. As I have said before, I can see them carrying Ells through July/August and then just waiving him, unless he is experiencing a spike in production.
    Since I would be willing to trade Ellsbury for little or nothing in return I guess the question is what would Ellsbury be worth on the open market? My assumption is 5-8 million AAV. If that assumption is incorrect then the entire premise of my post gets flushed down the toilet.

IMO, after the Arod fiasco there is no way Hal Steinbrenner is going to green light any trade for Joey Votto at 34 years old with 157M guaranteed money left on that contract to the age of 40. I don't care if you throw in Ellsbury, he's not going to sign off on such a trade. TBH, I don't think Cashman would ever make such a deal after the Arod contract. Votto is at the end of his prime years. It's one thing to commit to such a contract if you have 5 or 6 prime years from 26 to 32 years of age, but at 34, not happening with Hal and Cashman. It's difficult to project how effective a player is going to be after their prime years. Too many of them had their production just dropped off sudden like and we all have seen that dance beforehand.

Since I would be willing to trade Ellsbury for little or nothing in return I guess the question is what would Ellsbury be worth on the open market? My assumption is 5-8 million AAV. If that assumption is incorrect then the entire premise of my post gets flushed down the toilet.
    By the way, I don't see Ellsbury with his NTC signing off going to Cincy who are in a total rebuild from a Yankee team that is competing for championships even if his playing time is cut significantly. It's not like he hasn't already made his money. Would you go to Cincy over New York? I've been to Cincy more than a few times, unless Ellsbury has some great love for Chilli, I can't see him going there after living in Boston and NYC.

The Cubs have signed Tyler Chatwood to a three-year, $38 million deal.

Easy pass on Votto...too much money....too old.

NYYF Legend

What would you give up for Jimmy Nelson or Marcus Stroman? How about Jameson Taillon?
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    The Cubs have signed Tyler Chatwood to a three-year, $38 million deal.
    I'm guessing this means no Cobb?

NYYF Legend

Heyman:

https://www.fanragsports.com/inside-...s-shop-fowler/

There could be a crimp in the Yankees’ plan to trade Jacoby Ellsbury. Word is Ellsbury, who has a full no-trade clause, does not want to leave the team even though the Yankees have said publicly they plan on him being the fourth outfielder. Ellsbury seems to be hoping to win a spot anyway.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    In my best Lando Calrissian voice "This deal is getting worse and worse all the time"
    Baseball is life;

Suspended

They need to tell him he'd be the 6th OFer.

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    By the way, I don't see Ellsbury with his NTC signing off going to Cincy who are in a total rebuild from a Yankee team that is competing for championships even if his playing time is cut significantly. It's not like he hasn't already made his money. Would you go to Cincy over New York? I've been to Cincy more than a few times, unless Ellsbury has some great love for Chilli, I can't see him going there after living in Boston and NYC.
    I agree with you that for the reasons stated a trade that includes Ellsbury to Cincy for Votto is not happening. However, assuming they can get Ellsbury to waive his NTC (a big question mark) I would be willing to trade him for nothing to any team that is willing to assume 5-8 million a year of that deal.

I agree with you that for the reasons stated a trade that includes Ellsbury to Cincy for Votto is not happening. However, assuming they can get Ellsbury to waive his NTC (a big question mark) I would be willing to trade him for nothing to any team that is willing to assume 5-8 million a year of that deal.
    So would I.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Slight difference between Jacoby Ellsbury and one of the greatest hitters in the history of the sport.
    This was meant to we are most likely stuck with him for the remainder of his contract and most likely he would fill the DH spot, there zero reference stating he was on par with Votto?
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Dee Gordon has been traded to the M's

We are stuck paying Ellsbury's contract, but we can DFA him any time. That is a small bit of leverage for Cashman at least.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Dee Gordon has been traded to the M's
    Interesting. Are they planning to move Cano to another position such as 3B?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    We are stuck paying Ellsbury's contract, but we can DFA him any time. That is a small bit of leverage for Cashman at least.
    That's not really leverage. The only loser in that case would be the Yankees, since they wouldn't be able to clear a single penny of his contract off the payroll.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Interesting. Are they planning to move Cano to another position such as 3B?
    I read a suggestion that they're going to move Gordon to CF.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I read a suggestion that they're going to move Gordon to CF.
    He's fast enough to cover the ground in CF. SS -> 2B -> CF for him if that's the case.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He's fast enough to cover the ground in CF. SS -> 2B -> CF for him if that's the case.
    Yeah, it’s now being widely reported that he’s going to play CF

NYYF Legend

For Gordon the Mariners traded Nick Neidert, who is their #2 overall and top starting prospect according to Pipeline.

Ken Rosenthal‏ @Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago
    One scout on Neidert, who excelled in Class A Cal League last season before struggling at Double A: “Good arm. Low ceiling. No breaking ball.” Heading to #Marlins from #Mariners.

NYYF Legend

For Gordon the Mariners traded Nick Neidert, who is their #2 overall and top starting prospect according to Pipeline.

Ken Rosenthal‏ @Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago
    One scout on Neidert, who excelled in Class A Cal League last season before struggling at Double A: “Good arm. Low ceiling. No breaking ball.” Heading to #Marlins from #Mariners.
    If that's the description of their #2 prospect, I kinda feel bad for them.

Thread Information