+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 260 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6486

Re: 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

Gray/Yankees settle at 6.5M

Didi/Yankees settle at 8.25M

Romine/Yankees settle at 1.1M

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Romine/Yankees settle at 1.1M
    Vomit emoji

Wonder if a trade could be worked around Gardner and Panik?. Giants need an OFer, Yankees a 2B or 3B. What would we need to add?

Wonder if a trade could be worked around Gardner and Panik?. Giants need an OFer, Yankees a 2B or 3B. What would we need to add?
    I don't think the Yankees need to make any Panik moves

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Well Panik gives them Darvish money (only if he's not looking for more than 5 yrs)

Cashman shouldn't panic over Panik.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Forum Regular

I would hate to trade Gardner when we are trying to win this year. He signed a team friendly contract and has been a great team player. I think he fits the mold of a warrior cause he does what is necessary to win when the game is on the line. I think it gives a wrong message to trade a player that takes less to stay with us and then trade them.

That would be three arbitration years of Joe Panik with a 2018 salary of $3.45 million for Brett Gardner, who this year is owed $11 million, with a $12.5 million team option or $2 million buyout, for 2019.

Steamer projects the 27-year-old Panik with a 2018 WAR of 2.4 in 573 plate appearances and the 34-year-old Gardner with a 2018 WAR of 1.7 in 584 a plate appearances. ZiPS projects Panik with a 2018 WAR of 3.0 in 571 plate appearances and Gardner with a 2018 WAR of 2.3 in 608 plate appearances.

The Giants would be filling a hole by creating perhaps a more serious hole at second base.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioYankee View Post
    I would hate to trade Gardner when we are trying to win this year. He signed a team friendly contract and has been a great team player. I think he fits the mold of a warrior cause he does what is necessary to win when the game is on the line. I think it gives a wrong message to trade a player that takes less to stay with us and then trade them.
    Takes less to stay with us? He signed a 4 year, $52M contract. While it may be team friendly in year 4 (if he can stay healthy and produce better than he did last year), it was far from team friendly to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Betances actually settled with the Yanks for $5.1. At least there won't be drama there, though I suspect he settled largely because of how publicly embarrassing his unwinding(s) were.
    $5.1M is an absolute joke for Betances. He should be making $15/hr at Wendy's.

NYYF Legend

D-Rob for Reyes. No? Fine, I'll take Flaherty.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-hot-sto...ek/c-264664224

Late-inning relievers were the only segment of the market that produced a high volume of signings last month, and contenders still looking for closers -- specifically, the Angels and Cardinals -- could benefit from ample supply that still remains.

The Yankees may find that trading David Robertson -- who closed for the White Sox as recently as last year -- is their best path to signing Darvish while staying under the $197 million threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by NWChief2 View Post
    yeah no.

Betances was a top 5 reliever from 2014-2016. One bad year and he shouldn't be playing?

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NWChief2 View Post
    No one should be making $15/hr at Wendy's; I don't care how fast their fastball is.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Man, trading Gardner in a McCann deal (without the money), giving LF to Frazier, and signing Darvish to a 4 year deal would be the almost perfect outcome of all that looks to be on the table in the media right now.

Of course I don't know if it's the right thing to do in the long run, but it would have me significantly more excited about a season that I'm already champing at the bit for.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    No one should be making $15/hr at Wendy's; I don't care how fast their fastball is.
    +1 point

Man, trading Gardner in a McCann deal (without the money), giving LF to Frazier, and signing Darvish to a 4 year deal would be the almost perfect outcome of all that looks to be on the table in the media right now.

Of course I don't know if it's the right thing to do in the long run, but it would have me significantly more excited about a season that I'm already champing at the bit for.
    Where did you see/hear that idea being floated around?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I've made a huge mistake Gob Rules's Avatar

Theyre already trying out Judge and Stanton in left so Id be down with this. Just give LF or DH to one of the three

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

While I'm not in a big hurry to trade Gardner, I can understand the financial strategy if that were to happen. The problem it causes is creating a void in the lineup for a table setter. Who becomes the leadoff hitter? Or is the construction of a successful lineup different in this current day and age?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    While I'm not in a big hurry to trade Gardner, I can understand the financial strategy if that were to happen. The problem it causes is creating a void in the lineup for a table setter. Who becomes the leadoff hitter? Or is the construction of a successful lineup different in this current day and age?
    While I do think the need for a conventional lead off hitter isn't necessary, Hicks fits that mold just fine. He gets on base, has some speed, and has a great approach at the plate.

NYYF Legend

Get a nice prospect for Robertson or Gardner. Use prospect in package for Fulmer. Give up less. Stay financially flexible.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Betances and Estrada/Adams for Flaherty. Not enough? Cards need a closer badly, Flaherty is competing for the 5th spot with Weaver and Reyes this spring.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Get a nice prospect for Robertson or Gardner. Use prospect in package for Fulmer. Give up less. Stay financially flexible.
    Is Fulmer even on the market? He is exactly who I would be targeting, but he is also exactly who Detroit should be re-building around.

To get Fulmer is going to take so many prospects, it would, IMO, hurt.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Thread Information