+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 186 FirstFirst ... 43 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 4643

Re: 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    I have no doubt that Cashman is ready to deal any of his relievers minus DRob and Chapman... I love Warren, but he’s in his walk year, and if you can sell super high on him in this insane relief market, you pull the trigger

I’m a big Heller fan and believe he can become a big piece to the pen, if given the chance... Cessa to a lesser degree too
    Including Chad Green?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Including Chad Green?
    If Green helps bring in a stud SP, yes... they have enough pen depth, and you’d be selling high on a reliever who had almost a historically great season and whiff rates on his FB... to expect him to replicate that from here on out would be tough (plus, he was becoming more hittable as the year progressed)
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    If Green helps bring in a stud SP, yes... they have enough pen depth, and you’d be selling high on a reliever who had almost a historically great season and whiff rates on his FB... to expect him to replicate that from here on out would be tough (plus, he was becoming more hittable as the year progressed)
    Green might be a better starter than any pitcher that is currently on the trading block.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Nationals probably going to have to get involved in this. I'd roll the dice on Oh.
    I think we'll stay out of the reliever market. I could possibly see going after a lefty, but outside of McGee, not a lot of good ones available. I'd just rather give the kids a chance. Heller and Carroll have big arms, and I'd like to see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Florial+Acevedo+Frazier for Cole and 2 lower prospects.
    LOL....

Cole is very mediocre

Let's just go for it, dump all the veterans, hire a coaching staff that doesn't remember Reagan. CC gone, Gardner gone, Headley gone, Ellsbury gone (DFAd if absolutely necessary), here's our team:

Hicks CF
    Judge RF/DH, maybe LF
    Stanton RF/DH, maybe LF
    Bird 1B
    Sanches C
    Didi SS
    Frazier LF
    Andujar 3B
    Torres 2B (he will ideally move to leadoff at some point, but maybe not this year)

And let German and Adams and Sheffield compete for the 5th SP spot.

Then just spend on a backup C, Alex Avila would be great, and you're all set. If you need rotation support, trade for it midseason and until then continue to give the kids chances.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    I think we'll stay out of the reliever market. I could possibly see going after a lefty, but outside of McGee, not a lot of good ones available. I'd just rather give the kids a chance. Heller and Carroll have big arms, and I'd like to see what they can do.
    I agree. I really Heller.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay1123 View Post
    LOL....

Cole is very mediocre
    3.27 career FIP is not very mediocre. Its not even good, its excellent.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Let's just go for it, dump all the veterans, hire a coaching staff that doesn't remember Reagan. CC gone, Gardner gone, Headley gone, Ellsbury gone (DFAd if absolutely necessary), here's our team:

Hicks CF
    Judge RF/DH, maybe LF
    Stanton RF/DH, maybe LF
    Bird 1B
    Sanches C
    Didi SS
    Frazier LF
    Andujar 3B
    Torres 2B (he will ideally move to leadoff at some point, but maybe not this year)

And let German and Adams and Sheffield compete for the 5th SP spot.

Then just spend on a backup C, Alex Avila would be great, and you're all set. If you need rotation support, trade for it midseason and until then continue to give the kids chances.
    You keep saying stuff like this, and no... it's a bad idea. You need veteran leadership with all these young kids. CC and Gardner are far more important than you want to admit.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

^^^
    Lol, CC and Gardner aren't even bad performers or bad contracts. Why would you dump them? As long as we're under the cap, it makes absolutely no sense to drop them.

Anyway, is Matt Harvey worth taking a flyer on? He's supposedly on the table and he can't cost much in the way of talent.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

@JonHeyman
    Yankees are believed willing to pay half or so of the 68M to go on ellsbury in a potential trade. Bigger hurdle: getting him to waive full no-trade clause (he wants to stay)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    ^^^
    Lol, CC and Gardner aren't even bad performers or bad contracts. Why would you dump them? As long as we're under the cap, it makes absolutely no sense to drop them.

Anyway, is Matt Harvey worth taking a flyer on? He's supposedly on the table and he can't cost much in the way of talent.
    CC has no contract, he's a FA

@JonHeyman
    Yankees are believed willing to pay half or so of the 68M to go on ellsbury in a potential trade. Bigger hurdle: getting him to waive full no-trade clause (he wants to stay)
    Wants to stay for what? He will get paid either way.

NYYF Legend

@JonHeyman
    I still don't see him worth 11M a year or so, but maybe I'm way off.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankees72 View Post
    Wants to stay for what? He will get paid either way.
    He wants another ring. Even if that means as a PR in the playoffs.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    I still don't see him worth 11M a year or so, but maybe I'm way off.
    Me neither, I think the Yanks would have to sweeten the pot quite a bit in order for a team to take on that much $$$$$.

NYYF Legend

@JonHeyman
    I don't want to get my hope up.

NYYF MVP

@JonHeyman
    Half? Just give Cashman the 2018 GM award already if he manages to find a team that'll pay Jacoby 3/33. Try 75-80%

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    He wants another ring. Even if that means as a PR in the playoffs.
    He's going to predominantly be a PR in the regular season if he stays here...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cleanuphtr24 View Post
    He's going to predominantly be a PR in the regular season if he stays here...
    Unfortunately he would probably do that just for a shot at another ring.

Ken Rosenthal

One way for #Yankees to trade Ellsbury, assuming he will waive no-trade: Attach quality prospects. New team effectively would “buy” the prospects to take on negotiated percentage of Ellsbury’s contract: $21.1M through ‘20, plus $5M buyout for ‘21.

Is it really worth giving up prospects just to get him out of here? I'd rather him stay then give up quality prospects.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber86 View Post
    Ken Rosenthal

One way for #Yankees to trade Ellsbury, assuming he will waive no-trade: Attach quality prospects. New team effectively would “buy” the prospects to take on negotiated percentage of Ellsbury’s contract: $21.1M through ‘20, plus $5M buyout for ‘21.

Is it really worth giving up prospects just to get him out of here? I'd rather him stay then give up quality prospects.
    Depends on the prospects.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

No chance I'd give anything more than a couple of fringe guys.

NYYF Legend

I would definitely give up some real prospects in order to get rid of Ellsbury, IF they thought they needed the cap space to improve the team THIS YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Depends on the prospects.
    Yeah, if it's a couple of guys you are going to lose in the rule 5 draft anyway and possibly some B-/C+ rated guys I can't see the harm but it's not likely a team will want to take on Ellsbury's contract for just that. But it's moot because it appears Ellsbury has no desire to waive his no-trade which is his right.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information