+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 261 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 6519

Re: 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    Florial just finished a season with 19 games in High A and won’t be ready until at least 2020 or 2021.

If they still have trust in Clint Frazier’s abilities, I would keep him and do that trade with Andujar & Florial as well.
    I'd actually substitute Frazier and keep Florial. His potential is outstanding.

Wanting to keep a good thing going, the Yankees sent Florial to the highly regarded Arizona Fall League, testing his mettle against some of baseball’s other uber-prospects.

This time, in only 19 games, Florial managed to not keep putting the bat on the ball with authority, but actually managed to show better patience at the plate.

In 19 more contests, the fleet-footed outfielder who signed with the Yanks out of the Dominican Summer League in 2015, managed to walk 10 times, while slashing 286/.383/.414 with five doubles, two triples, four RBI and two steals for the Scottsdale Scorpions. Florial just missed out being named to the All AFL Team.

Scorpions manager and former big leaguer Jay Bell spoke glowingly to MLB.com about Florial’s expanding ability.

“He’s as close to a five-tool player, in my opinion, as anybody in the game,” said Scottsdale manager Jay Bell. “He’s going to be a fan favorite for a long time. I think he’s got a chance not just to be a good player and not just an All-Star, but a great player and a perennial All-Star.

“There’s a lot of things about Estevan that I can speak to and say, ‘This is a guy to watch,'” Bell said. “He can hit. He can hit for power. He can run, he can throw, plays a good defense and probably the sixth tool that he has is he’s a wonderful human being.”

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    And respectfully, I don't think either of them spends more than ~100 AB/yr at DH. They're both above average defenders.
    Strongly disagree. They’re a combined 13’1” tall. I’d argue the reverse: that’d it be the exception to see them both in the field at the same time.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Dan Federico‏ @RealDanFederico 1m1 minute ago

ESPN's Keith Law says he believes the Tigers would ask for two of Gleyber Torres, Miguel Andujar, Justus Sheffield and Estevan Florial - plus two lower-level guys - from the #Yankees for Michael Fulmer.

Andujar and Sheffield for Fulmer? I'd do that.
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Strongly disagree. They’re a combined 13’1” tall. I’d argue the reverse: that’d it be the exception to see them both in the field at the same time.
    What does their height have to do with their ability to field?

What does their height have to do with their ability to field?
    It has something to do with their ability to stay on it. You're going to see a lot more than ~100 ABs at the DH slot for each of these guys.

It has something to do with their ability to stay on it. You're going to see a lot more than ~100 ABs at the DH slot for each of these guys.
    That's how I see it. Very few ABs from LF for either Stanton or Judge. Cashman said it would depend on the ball parks they play in, smaller parks they could play in LF, but neither are full-time LF players.

NYYF Triple Crown

Howso? Dave Winfield was the same height as Stanton and he didn’t really start DHing until he was 40. Frank Howard was primarily an outfielder until he was 35.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Dan Federico‏ @RealDanFederico 1m1 minute ago

ESPN's Keith Law says he believes the Tigers would ask for two of Gleyber Torres, Miguel Andujar, Justus Sheffield and Estevan Florial - plus two lower-level guys - from the #Yankees for Michael Fulmer.
    Pass. The guy hasn't thrown more the 200 innings a all of his numbers dipped from year 1 to 2. Plus, he's only started 25-26 games in yr 1 and 2

Let these guys like, adams and sheffield pitch for the yanks. If they're so high on them, keep them in pinstripes rather than trade them for a guy who has had two years in the majors and hasn't started 30 games or thrown 200 innings.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    That's how I see it. Very few ABs from LF for either Stanton or Judge. Cashman said it would depend on the ball parks they play in, smaller parks they could play in LF, but neither are full-time LF players.
    As I’ve mentioned before, Right Field in Marlins Park is bigger than Left Field in Yankee Stadium.

So, the o/u on DH AB's for both Stanton and Judge is 100 each? PA's will go over, but the AB's are going to be close with those BB %'s. Not to mention, a lot of people are advocating that the BUC should be seeing at least 40 games a year. I say 25 games each at DH for the towers, at least 30 for Sanchez, and the rest scattered between Gardner, Ellsbury, Hicks, Frazier, Andujar, Gleyber, et als.

As I’ve mentioned before, Right Field in Marlins Park is bigger than Left Field in Yankee Stadium.
    But Stanton has never played LF in the minors or the majors, and neither has Judge. Yes they could probably adapt, but with both guys that big, why have them take the pounding of playing both in the field at the same time. Gardner's spot is going to someone. I hope Florial can make the jump faster than most believe, if Frazier isn't here.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    Pass. The guy hasn't thrown more the 200 innings a all of his numbers dipped from year 1 to 2. Plus, he's only started 25-26 games in yr 1 and 2

Let these guys like, adams and sheffield pitch for the yanks. If they're so high on them, keep them in pinstripes rather than trade them for a guy who has had two years in the majors and hasn't started 30 games or thrown 200 innings.
    Looks like he was unlucky last year...gave up fewer doubles, HR's and BB's in more innings. Even with more balls put in play.
    His FIP improved from his rookie year.

NYYF Triple Crown

But Stanton has never played LF in the minors or the majors, and neither has Judge. Yes they could probably adapt, but with both guys that big, why have them take the pounding of playing both in the field at the same time. Gardner's spot is going to someone. I hope Florial can make the jump faster than most believe, if Frazier isn't here.
    Judge played CF in college and also played 11 games there for Scranton. He also played 7 games in LF for Scranton.

Stanton started 47 games in center field and 7 games in left field in his minor league career.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    Stanton Hicks Judge

Unless you advocate using a star prospect in a 4OF role
    Hicks will be FA in 2020. By that time Florial will still only be 22.

All is quiet on the western front... nothing imminent on JDM, Hosmer, Moustakas, Arrietta, or Darvish.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Great point.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    So, the o/u on DH AB's for both Stanton and Judge is 100 each? PA's will go over, but the AB's are going to be close with those BB %'s. Not to mention, a lot of people are advocating that the BUC should be seeing at least 40 games a year. I say 25 games each at DH for the towers, at least 30 for Sanchez, and the rest scattered between Gardner, Ellsbury, Hicks, Frazier, Andujar, Gleyber, et als.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Judge and Stanton to combine for at least 50% of the games played at DH.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I wonder if people are just assuming Hicks will beat out Gardner for that third outfield spot. He's coming off a career year but was pretty miserable since coming back from injury and he wasn't great in the postseason either.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    I wonder if people are just assuming Hicks will beat out Gardner for that third outfield spot. He's coming off a career year but was pretty miserable since coming back from injury and he wasn't great in the postseason either.
    Cashman said Gardner and Hicks are planned to start in LF and CF respectively. You're not going to see Stanton and Judge starting the season together in the outfield.

Manager Cashman. Boone does not have a say about OF or lineups.

Cashman said Gardner and Hicks are planned to start in LF and CF respectively. You're not going to see Stanton and Judge starting the season together in the outfield.
    So Stanton is Ok with being the fulltime DH?

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    So Stanton is Ok with being the fulltime DH?
    He's not going to be playing full-time DH but rotating in Right Field and possible elsewhere as Cashman has said:

Depending on the park — Fenway and Camden Yards for example — and on the days Gardner might get a game off against a lefty, Judge or Stanton could surface in left, a position neither has played in the big leagues.

“I think they’re both athletic enough that if other issues arise on the club, you know maybe left field is an opportunity for either one of them,’’ Cashman said. “We’ll find out over time. Clearly right field and DH work, but I think they’re athletic enough to be considered elsewhere. But the very easiest aspect of it is right field and DH, and I think both players will benefit from the DH rest. You won’t have to run somebody into the ground every day.’’
    Stanton, last season’s NL MVP, has been the DH in 13 games and was enthused about the role.

“I’m fine with it. I can bounce around. Wherever they need me I’m OK with that. I always liked DHing when we played the AL teams in previous years,’’ said Stanton, who has hit .333 with a 1.019 OPS in 54 at-bats as a DH.

NYYF Legend

Thumbs up Re: 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

He's not going to be playing full-time DH but rotating in Right Field and possible elsewhere as Cashman has said:
    Sounds like a team guy. Saying the right things anyway.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Ellsbury for Greinke and cash and/or lower level player. Get it done, Cashman.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Ken Rosenthal:
    Source: Angels interested in free agent Zack Cozart to play 3B. Cozart also talking to other clubs.

Thread Information