+ Reply to Thread

VividSeats and SeatGeek

I've bought tickets from Stubhub in the past and they are 100% reliable and guaranteed. I even had an issue one time while headed to the game and they corrected it instantly, on the fly. Was very impressed.

However, I'm seeing much better deals for game 3 on VividSeats and SeatGeek. Are both as reliable and trustworthy as StubHub? Is one better or more recommended than the other? Are the fees similar to StubHub?

Buying 3 tix and don't want to get ripped off or find out that my tickets are no longer available near game time.

Thanks in advance.

Re: VividSeats and SeatGeek

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I've bought tickets from Stubhub in the past and they are 100% reliable and guaranteed. I even had an issue one time while headed to the game and they corrected it instantly, on the fly. Was very impressed.

However, I'm seeing much better deals for game 3 on VividSeats and SeatGeek. Are both as reliable and trustworthy as StubHub? Is one better or more recommended than the other? Are the fees similar to StubHub?

Buying 3 tix and don't want to get ripped off or find out that my tickets are no longer available near game time.

Thanks in advance.
    I think they are. I bought tickets last month from Vivid for a Rangers game and it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    I think they are. I bought tickets last month from Vivid for a Rangers game and it was fine.
    Thanks for the helpful response.

Addicted Member

The fees are roughly the same on both. Vivid will play with the listing and keep a smaller piece for themselves to drive traffic. A lot of times the same tickets are list on both sites so if you find a better price on vivid take. Also, I often find if you go up to the checkout stage and don't complete the purchase one often gets a coupon code for purchase discount to encourage you to go back and complete the sale on vivid

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    The fees are roughly the same on both. Vivid will play with the listing and keep a smaller piece for themselves to drive traffic. A lot of times the same tickets are list on both sites so if you find a better price on vivid take. Also, I often find if you go up to the checkout stage and don't complete the purchase one often gets a coupon code for purchase discount to encourage you to go back and complete the sale on vivid
    Thanks, YJB. Great info!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    I always do this whether I end up buying or not. You usually get a fixed amount (like $20 off $200 purchase, sometimes a better deal) or a percentage off. And of course, when you go on another site, i.e. facebook etc, you amazingly get a banner ad from Vivid with a discount.

NYYF Legend

vividseats is as good as stubhub and usually better in terms of protection because they will often be able to send someone to hand you tickets in case of a problem if they can't be sent to your phone. Seatgeek will usually refund you later but that doesn't help you when you want to be inside the event, so if something goes wrong with seatgeek you are usually screwed and on your own

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    vividseats is as good as stubhub and usually better in terms of protection because they will often be able to send someone to hand you tickets in case of a problem if they can't be sent to your phone. Seatgeek will usually refund you later but that doesn't help you when you want to be inside the event, so if something goes wrong with seatgeek you are usually screwed and on your own
    Good to know. Thanks, man. Was ready to pull the trigger tonight for 3 tix but work got in the way around 5:00pm...kind of an emergency.

Now I have another option for Rangers and Knicks tickets.

Forum Regular

Something to keep in mind many of us brokers have a discounted sell rate with SeatGeek I.E. I paid 8.5% to Stubhub 10% to VIVID 4% to Ticketmaster and 6% to Seatgeek and Gametime. Hence I price all my inventory to come out to the same 10% price so you will see my inventory on Seatgeek and Gametime cheaper than other places. Of course Stubhub DOMINATES the Yankees market but for other markets it really helps spread my sales out.. Surprisingly though with me only paying a 4% fee to Ticketmaster I don't get a lot of traffic there...

In terms of ticket safety with an original order getting busted VIVID and SH will almost always make good on the order the rest of the marketplaces won't. (of course TM is 100% since the barcodes change)

Thread Information