+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: This is definitely one of the better MLB team forums

This is a great place for me. It's been a busy year personally so I've mainly been outside the lines but when I have more time then I'll be back to inside the lines and game threads. Game threads are fun, especially when I'm home alone watching a game. Inside the lines is fun for trade rumors and who won a trade. April 2015 was rough when I liked the Didi trade and he was stinking up the place. Who won that Didi trade now?

Anyway, thanks to everyone for contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Likewise! ***Runs and hides***
    Back in the day Dave Visbeck was pretty easy to identify because no one used 25 different colored fonts and a dozen emojis in one sentence like Dave.

(I still wonder what he possibly could have done to get himself RO'd?)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

I found this site back in 1999 when it was called Bronx Bombers (I think). I automatically loved it because everyone was very knowledgeable and very courteous. I used to write series previews and articles for Jim.

Over the years, IMO the biggest thing that has disappeared has been the courtesy. I don't like to generalize, but I think the new generation of posters think less of how they come across. The consensus is "if you don't like what I have to say, just ignore me". And I suppose that's a good way to look at it. Perhaps I'm too sensitive.

Regardless, I still think it's a great site to share ideas & opinions, and visiting it is part of my daily routine, 365 days a year.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I found this site back in 1999 when it was called Bronx Bombers (I think). I automatically loved it because everyone was very knowledgeable and very courteous. I used to write series previews and articles for Jim.

Over the years, IMO the biggest thing that has disappeared has been the courtesy. I don't like to generalize, but I think the new generation of posters think less of how they come across. The consensus is "if you don't like what I have to say, just ignore me". And I suppose that's a good way to look at it. Perhaps I'm too sensitive.

Regardless, I still think it's a great site to share ideas & opinions, and visiting it is part of my daily routine, 365 days a year.
    There's a small handful of posters whose posts are rich with smart ideas, who are able to make compelling cases to challenge old-school assumptions, and without whom the place would be losing some of its best baseball discussion, but who sometimes do come across like their opinions are facts or like anyone who doesn't see things their way is an idiot. It's not a huge deal -- but a 5% course correction on that would be welcome.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Some folks are rough around the edges. I still welcome most of their ideas and perspectives. In my time here I have only come across two people I just had no tolerance for.

I think most of us have been rough around the edges at one point anyway. I know I was. Still am in some ways.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Evil Empire

“Losers look stuff up while the rest of us are out carpin’ all them diems”

I agree; I enjoy participating in this forum, and learning things I wasn't aware of, and getting good information on tickets, events and other helpful items. Almost 13 years on this site ; needed a place to commiserate after the 2004 ALCS loss to the Red Sox.

Not to thread jack but name changes is a no go on here right? I tried to have mine changed in the past but don't think it was allowed.

NYYF Legend

I have been on many sports forums, especially Yankees-oriented ones. This is the best I have been a participant of.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Not to thread jack but name changes is a no go on here right? I tried to have mine changed in the past but don't think it was allowed.
    I don't think it's easy but I know people have changed names here. Don't ask me how though.
    2016 - At least we won as many postseason games as the Red Sox

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Two people that I know of had name changes. One when she was promoted to a mod and the other had a capitalization change. Otherwise it's very difficult and rare. You'd need to start another account and delete the one you have. I believe anyway. I've seen conversations in the past go that way, that it's basically a no.

NYYF Cy Young

I joined this forum in 2008, after lurking for a while. I still lurk more than I post, but I always find my way back here almost daily.

I've really enjoyed reading and participating in many different discussions over the years, baseball-related or otherwise.

There are some great people here -some more disagreeable than others- who always keep things interesting and entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I joined this forum in 2008, after lurking for a while. I still lurk more than I post, but I always find my way back here almost daily.

I've really enjoyed reading and participating in many different discussions over the years, baseball-related or otherwise.

There are some great people here -some more disagreeable than others- who always keep things interesting and entertaining.
    You should post more often. When scrolling through threads I will always stop to read your perspective.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Kinda, but SOSH is amazing to read.............from a guy who would love to engage in conflict with their poor reasoning skills.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Two people that I know of had name changes. One when she was promoted to a mod and the other had a capitalization change. Otherwise it's very difficult and rare. You'd need to start another account and delete the one you have. I believe anyway. I've seen conversations in the past go that way, that it's basically a no.
    How ya doin'?

YankeePride1967 used to be GoRocket but I think he successfully lobbied for a name change after Roger Clemens was linked to steroids. Way way back there was a "jojos2" who for reasons I don't know got to change to "Incredible By Nature." (She got RO'ed eventually if memory serves.) We also had a "Call of the Crow" who was allowed to change to something else -- forget the replacement name or the reason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Kinda, but SOSH is amazing to read.............from a guy who would love to engage in conflict with their poor reasoning skills.
    SlOSHed as we used to call it here.

As I'm sure you know, they restrict membership, lest an impure anti-Red Sox thought taint their site.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    You should post more often. When scrolling through threads I will always stop to read your perspective.
    Thanks, man. Right back at ya!

Thread Information