+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is definitely one of the better MLB team forums

I tried checking some Indians forums to see their reactions and whatnot. They're either empty, low-activity, aesthetically poor, or really all of the above.

This forum is very special, guys. Srs

Re: This is definitely one of the better MLB team forums

I miss the days when there was a little more humor and back-and-forth -- there was a time when some of the posts were really freakin' hilarious without crossing the line. But I guess it's better to err on the side of caution, which helps keep this place a thriving, respectful community.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

I really have nothing to compare it to but I really dig this place.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

I've spent 16 years of my life posting on this forum. It's been fun and quite educational. I'm a much more knowledgeable and calm fan than I was before I started posting here.

edit: 15 years. whoops.
    ”What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I've spent 16 years of my life posting on this forum. It's been fun and quite educational. I'm a much more knowledgeable and calm fan than I was before I started posting here.
    Fully agree.
    I've learned quite a bit from the contributors here.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

Wink Re: This is definitely one of the better MLB team forums

I'm a proud Texan and love it here, however its really tough not having Yankee fans around to cheer and talk with. EVERYONE hates the Yanks down here.

I've been a member for about a year and LOVE this forum! Glad to have it.

Go Yanks!

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Fully agree.
    I've learned quite a bit from the contributors here.
    You think you know your sht and it's humbling when you find out you have so much to learn.
    ”What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades.”

You think you know your sht and it's humbling when you find out you have so much to learn.
    Yes. Many a plate of sh*t burger, I have eaten here on these boards....
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

NYYF Cy Young

despite the sometimes unbearable pessimism, I would agree
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

i probably ruin the vibe once in a while (or make people laugh at me), but I like this forum overall compared to the other options around.

NYYF Legend

i just hope I can keep up having never been wrong on this forum. There's a lot of pressure on me. I do it all for everyone here.

I'm not looking for thanks. I just aim to please.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

I'm an A-hole a lot of times, but I love this place. Everyone is passionate and intelligent and when you live in foreign territory (New England for me) where there aren't as many Yankee fans, it's good to have a place where others are celebrating / whining / debating about the team.

3500 or Bust

This was my place of solace in 2004.... oh wait, can't even remember why....

I just like talking baseball with other fans. I'm on fan boards for pretty much all the teams I'm a fan of. I haven't been here long, but it's been great finding this place.

I use to post over at MLB on the yankees site like 10 years ago, left because it wasn't enjoyable. This place is definitely better.

I've become a huge Yankees fan over the last few years, but it is frustrating that there's not an official fan club in Australia. So it's exciting and fun to have the thread running at the same time as the game, so that I feel like I'm involved in what's happening on the field and in the stadium. Can't wait for the ALCS and so jealous of ymike being able to go to every home game!

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

This Forum is the best and simply home in many ways. Having been in India for the last few years I can't catch every game but I read these forums everyday
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

I'm a decade+ in as well posting and a few years on top just reading the boards. Its been my longest committment lol

Been on here since I was 15. I'm 26 now

I love this place. I get all my info from here. If it's an article worth reading, I know I'll find it here. Definitely made me a smarter, more calm and level headed fan. Even though I don't post THAT much I love reading all of you guys and girls takes. I respect most posters here more than almost anyone in the sports media. I don't know what I'd do with out NYYF.
    He gone!

NYYF Legend

I’ve been here for 17 or so, counting its predecessor. There is no better Yankees board. And I have yet to find a better sports board. Period.

I am much more mellow too. Comes with age I think. I learn a lot reading here and it’s fun to banter with fellow Yankee fans.

Let’s enjoy the ALCS and see where the road goes.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    i just hope I can keep up having never been wrong on this forum. There's a lot of pressure on me. I do it all for everyone here.

I'm not looking for thanks. I just aim to please.
    There are two people who post here that I can usually tell who it is just be reading the post and not looking at the name. You are one of them. Just sayin.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    There are two people who post here that I can usually tell who it is just be reading the post and not looking at the name. You are one of them. Just sayin.
    Hicks! Hicks! Hicks!
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Hick's! Hick's! Hick's!
    Fixed.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Fixed.
    Fix'd.

Though I think I know who the other poster with instant recognizability is ...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Fix'd.

Though I think I know who the other poster with instant recognizability is ...
    Likewise! ***Runs and hides***
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Thread Information