+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 ALCS Yankees v Astros

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    Judge made that call a bit easier.

I keep making this comment on pretty much any article I comment on (usually some ESPN drivel but I'm like a moth to a flame ): Even though Judge has struggled he is still the biggest presence in the lineup. He makes managers do things they might not otherwise do. He gets pitchers to pitch to Brett Gardner. He's contributing more to the game than what the box scores show.
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Isn't it great to be a Yankee Fan?
    Always. Right now in particular!

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    We're gonna get Keuchel tonight. We're due to hit that dude and we're home where we've been unbeaten, and the monsters (Judge & Kraken) are out of their cages. I just have a feeling its OUR TURN to hit that guy tonight, early and often.

That said, I like that Verlander threw close to 130 Pitches in his last outing. I think thats gonna knock a MPH or two off his fastball and limit his innings, so I think we get him next time too, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

For now only one thing matters ... HIT KEUCHEL!!!!!
    I also am optimistic about tonight. I don't think Verlander's Game 2 pitch count will have any effect on Game 6. He will have had 5 days rest, along with increased adrenaline and the fact he is an old school big game pitcher.

Who would have guessed that Todd Frazier would emerge as the emotional leader of this team?

Reminds me of Mariano Duncan in 96' .... "We Play Today, We Win Today, Dassit."
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Need to lay off the low junk tonight, and take it the other way when it's swung at.
    I'm looking for some kind of solid strategy that will really help. Is this it? Anything else?
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I'm looking for some kind of solid strategy that will really help. Is this it? Anything else?
    Hope Keuchel has diarrhea. Although that's kind of the opposite of a solid strategy.

Need to lay off the low junk tonight, and take it the other way when it's swung at.
    Yes. How many walks would they get if they didn't swing at Keuchel's stuff out of the zone? If they can make themselves to lay off the junk, they'lol force him to throw more pitches over the plate. Easier said than done. So, we'll see.

NYYF Cy Young

Judge needs some cooperation from the home plate umpire. He keeps getting jobbed on those low strike calls due to his height. As o'neill said this AM on the MLB network radio, he needs to call the umpire out on that...be a little more feisty
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
    Judge needs some cooperation from the home plate umpire. He keeps getting jobbed on those low strike calls due to his height. As o'neill said this AM on the MLB network radio, he needs to call the umpire out on that...be a little more feisty
    Figures that O'Neill would advocate for being more feisty. Maybe Judge can break a few bats and water coolers while he's at it. Pauly would love that.

Score more runs than you allow! I think that would help a lot.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

At some point I do think Dellin Betances, our perennial all-star elite reliever, is gonna have to do something

What you guys think?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay1123 View Post
    At some point I do think Dellin Betances, our perennial all-star elite reliever, is gonna have to do something

What you guys think?
    I don't see it. Girardi brought him in in the 8-0 game to see if he had anything in him. He couldn't throw strikes. Barring a long extra innings game, I can't imagine we see him pitch again this season.

I do hope they keep him and help him get back on track then decide if they want to keep him or trade him going forward. Selling on him this offseason would be selling really low.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay1123 View Post

What you guys think?
    He is done. I think maybe he gets to play if we are up 10 or down 10. Otherwise, Id consider leaving him off the WS roster if they made it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
    I heard this morning that Girardi said the same thing to him. That he needs to stick up for himself a bit more. Over the last two games, though, I think the strikezone has been more, er, judicious. The results speak for themselves.

And again, look at the big hits last night - all but Judge's double were opposite or center field. They need to keep going with that approach. Just get guys on base. I always look at pitch count and hope for 20 pitches per inning. You do that, he'll pitch 5 innings max.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

NYYF MVP

We really need to work the count and get Keuchel's pitch count up early tonight. We have been able to destroy the Astros pen.

I'm half joking/half serious, but some of the players on this team need to be told to take two strikes then foul off as many as they can tonight.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    I don't see it. Girardi brought him in in the 8-0 game to see if he had anything in him. He couldn't throw strikes. Barring a long extra innings game, I can't imagine we see him pitch again this season.

I do hope they keep him and help him get back on track then decide if they want to keep him or trade him going forward. Selling on him this offseason would be selling really low.
    Yes, I agree. No way does Girardi trot him out there again except potentially in a huge blow out either way.
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

If they beat Keuchel...oh man. It would be so epic for the breakthrough to happen in the pivotal Game 5 of an ALCS. The only images I have in my head are domination though, because I don't even have any video of success to work with.

I will say though that they did hit him a little harder than I expected last game, so maybe that's the hopeful thread to hang onto.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

I'm not expecting much success off Keuchel. This is going to be one of those grind AB type of games where you have to get him out of the game as early as possible to get to the bullpen and hope that your starter can match zeros or at least keep it within 1 or 2 runs.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Man, it is hard to concentrate on work today.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    ah yes, thats the thing I've been forgetting to do today...

Most of Keuchel dominance is based on forcing batters to swing at pitches out of the strike zone, I saw somewhere a stat which shows that he's the best in the league making batters to chase those pitches.

The way I see it, the best chance we have is to be very patient and force him to throw more strikes, see if he makes a mistake and take advantage of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Same here, I will be working at that time, so I'll listen to the radio broadcast and follow the game in gamecast

Even if the Yankees lose the series, they showed that they deserve to be there. All of the non-Yankees fans that I've seen predicted SWEEP for the Astros. I love that this team has put fear into their hearts. I have a tough time seeing the Yankees beat either of Keuchel or Verlander but baseball is weird game and anything can happen as we've seen in the past couple of weeks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Even if the Yankees lose the series, they showed that they deserve to be there. All of the non-Yankees fans that I've seen predicted SWEEP for the Astros. I love that this team has put fear into their hearts. I have a tough time seeing the Yankees beat either of Keuchel or Verlander but baseball is weird game and anything can happen as we've seen in the past couple of weeks.
    I had a tough time seeing the Yanks smack around Kluber...twice...but they did that.

Eventually they have to get to Keuchel, right?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I had a tough time seeing the Yanks smack around Kluber...twice...but they did that.

Eventually they have to get to Keuchel, right?
    No, not necessarily. Need to grind ABs.

Thread Information