View Poll Results: Who should manage next year?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joe Girardi

65 50.78%
  • Terry Collins

3 2.34%
  • Brad Ausmus

2 1.56%
  • Mets Clubhouse Dildo

17 13.28%
  • Other (please indicate)

41 32.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Re: Who should manage the 2018 Yankees?

I voted other, but I think it is unfair to ask some relatively ignorant fan like myself or the other relatively ignorant posters here to name someone better than Girardi. I would want to know a lot about possible candidates, including guys in the minor leagues, that I do not know. I do not have access to most of that information and do not have time to collect what I might have access to.

I just think it is time for a change. Girardi has his strengths and they could do a lot worse. but he freezes and does not adjust well in critical game situations. Last night obviously is exhibit A. I think he may be losing his club house now, and that is what might lead to his demise here.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    After sleeping on it, I came to my senses. Too stiff.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    After sleeping on it, I came to my senses. Too stiff.
    I heard he's actually pretty flexible (rubber)... Prob needs to be if he's going to run double-duty
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

In theory, last nights debacle combined with his overall season should doom him. Somehow I doubt they will change it up. He got to the ALDS and in front offices thinking, probably overachieved with a young club. I disagree as do most on this forum.

NYYF Cy Young

Other. I do think he will be back and I hope it's a 1 year contract what John Farrell got with BoSox but I feel it will be 3 years. Brian will be back with a new contract and I feel Brain will support Joe. I always like how Paul Molitar played and has managed. I do feel he should have taken Santana out sooner but happens. I just feel we need a change and honestly don't know if we will win another WS with Joe unless we have overwhelming AS as a team. I watch the BoSox game before our game and I am very impressed with Houston. The others would the bench coaches for Houston and Cleveland.

Someone from within should be promoted. Patrick Osborne is my pick.
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

There's been rumors that Jeter may fire Mattingly. Girardi beat out Mattingly and Pena for the job when he was hired. Cashman said the main reason Mattingly wasn't hired was because he had not managed before - that's not the case anymore. If Mattingly is fired in Miami, then I'd like to see him get the job. If Jeter keeps him, then I'm in favor of Pena. Girardi has to go.

NYYF Legend

How about Al Pedrique. Just won his second straight IL manager of the year award at Scranton. And he has managed many of our young stars.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    How about Al Pedrique. Just won his second straight IL manager of the year award at Scranton. And he has managed many of our young stars.
    Yes. Anyone but Joe Blow. This team is too talented to be screwing this up.

My 2 turning points of the season are Joe putting in Chapman vs the Sox when Chap was awful and giving up the HR to Devers and this mismanagement of CC in the playoffs. I bet CC hates him now too.

Ron Gardenhire.

I promise you no one will be getting picked off 2nd base by a catcher from his knees with no outs in extra innings.

How about Brad Mills? He's a Francona discipline. He had a shot in Houston and didn't do very well. But he had an aging team with no young talent from what I remember. And Francona didn't do well in his first stop in Philadelphia.

It would be hypocritical of me I guess to want him fired after one bad game when I thought he did a good job overall on the year but I understand those who do want him gone. This wasn't his best season as a manager but I feel like his overall work in a quick rebuild earns him one more go of it if this series ends on Sunday.

IF there is a change, I do think this needs to be remembered:

Now, this doesn’t work for everyone. Brian Cashman has told executives that he strongly recommends hiring a manager with whom the GM has a preexisting positive relationship. If you will remember, in replacing Joe Torre, Cashman only considered Girardi, Mattingly and Tony Pena.

So I guess if a move comes, it'll be with a familiar face.

Last night was enough to get Joe fired. However taking the bigger picture view I feel like he's done a good job this year and managed the Twins game exactly as needed. He's also shown with a team good enough that he can win a championship.

No other option out there instantly gives me significantly more optimism and they all offer a huge downside. The only name thrown out that I like was Paul Molitor, but he may stay where he is.

NYYF Legend

Dave Martinez or Mickey Callaway.

NYYF Legend

Most of the posters hers totally dislike both Girardi and Cashman.

I disagree violently. If it were not for both of them we would be mired in 4th or 5th place in the AL East.

I have no idea where we could get someone better than these two.
    If either or both were let go they would have a new job within a week. The Cubs would snap up Joe in an instant.

Yes I agree Joe was not good in last nights game, you can attribute our loss directly to his decisions, but on the whole he has done a magnificent job. Disagree all you want

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

I don't understand why another team hiring Joe quickly is a reason to keep him here. Especially if the clubhouse turns arctic because of his decisions and not trusting in multiple players. He sent a bad message to this club last night, let him go manage somewhere else
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    No other option out there instantly gives me significantly more optimism and they all offer a huge downside. The only name thrown out that I like was Paul Molitor, but he may stay where he is.
    They went from 103 losses to the playoffs, and he finished his playing career there (and has always been a midwest guy, born in Minnesota and played in Milwaukee). Would be really surprised if he doesnt accept whatever good offer he's gonna get from there.

NYYF Cy Young

Paul Molitor, Robin Ventura and Tony Pena all sound good to me.
    Gratitude

I thought Joe was a genius in the wildcard game, but messed up yesterday. I still like continuity. This team was a rebuilding team and it won 91 games. People make mistakes I stay with Joe.

I wouldn't let Collins manage a little league team. Mattingly is cursed...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Most of the posters hers totally dislike both Girardi and Cashman.

I disagree violently. If it were not for both of them we would be mired in 4th or 5th place in the AL East.

I have no idea where we could get someone better than these two.
    If either or both were let go they would have a new job within a week. The Cubs would snap up Joe in an instant.

Yes I agree Joe was not good in last nights game, you can attribute our loss directly to his decisions, but on the whole he has done a magnificent job. Disagree all you want

Andy
    I have no problem with Cashman staying. It's Joe who should be dumped and not just because of last night.

Tony Pena.
    What is Willie Randolph doing?

Mattingly is a dreadful manager. Anyone but him.

NYYF Legend

Pretty telling that Girardi and a dildo have an equal number of votes
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    Pretty telling that Girardi and a dildo have an equal number of votes
    Lmao.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Tony Pena.
    What is Willie Randolph doing?

Mattingly is a dreadful manager. Anyone but him.
    I thought Randolph did a decent job with the Mets. SUrely could have done worse IMO

I cant believe they put Pena on 1st and away from the bench coach job. Id like to have him in Joe's ear more often. I think he would be a good manager for us.

Im glad you said that about Mattingly and I couldnt agree more. I think he is just a Yankee legend and it warps people's view of him.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    I thought Randolph did a decent job with the Mets. SUrely could have done worse IMO

I cant believe they put Pena on 1st and away from the bench coach job. Id like to have him in Joe's ear more often. I think he would be a good manager for us.

Im glad you said that about Mattingly and I couldnt agree more. I think he is just a Yankee legend and it warps people's view of him.
    Just possible that Girardi does not want a smart bench coach. Easier to ignore an ignorant one.

Thread Information