+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

ESPN reported the Knicks will acquire Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-round draft pick from the Thunder for Anthony. Earlier in the day, ESPN reported Anthony’s camp was still pushing for a deal to happen before training camp opens Monday. ESPN reported the deal is complete, but the trade call won’t happen until Monday.
    https://nypost.com/2017/09/23/the-kn...rmelo-anthony/

Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

acquiring enes kanter is kind of like acquiring pablo sandoval

Good riddance. End of chapter.

I like this from a tanking perspective. I know the East is weak but the Knicks don't have a lot of talent and will be playing zero defense. Factor in injuries. (like KP missing his usual 10/11 games) and trades at the deadline. Looking at the schedule, I have them around 21 wins. That should get them a top 3 or 5 pick.

lol this is like one of those cursed cartoon characters who get into trouble constantly, each worse than the next.

tanking? why the fk did you sign a mediocre guard to a long term overmarket deal then?

morons cant ecen tank and develop their one asset properly with the stone corpse of kanter blocking both porzie at 5 and the lol offense revamp

Hornacek better be on his game now that Pitino is available.

They have $41.2M tied up at the center position.

The dysfunction continues.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    The dysfunction continues.
    They're not saying anything wrong. Zinger needs to step up this season, hopefully he does

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    acquiring enes kanter is kind of like acquiring pablo sandoval
    Except, not really.

On another topic, I guess Im missing why Nickels isn't playing?

Justin Holiday averaging 17 pts and 5 boards a game (yes, I know the Bulls are bad). The Knicks didn't even offer him a contract...maybe they'll throw $71M at him when he hits free agency.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Justin Holiday averaging 17 pts and 5 boards a game (yes, I know the Bulls are bad). The Knicks didn't even offer him a contract...maybe they'll throw $71M at him when he hits free agency.
    What else do you expect, Knicks gon' Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    What else do you expect, Knicks gon' Knicks
    Yes indeed. Have only watched highlights and read box scores thus far. Trying not to get caught up. #FreeWilly, though.

NYYF Legend

Obviously want to see more of Frank and Willy, but hard not to enjoy watching Kristaps right now, he looks comfortable as hell out there. And Kanter is kind of a beast rebounder, so it's not like he's useless.

People know Cleveland isn't playing possum, right? They don't have anybody that can score other than Lebron and occasionally Love, they look like 2005 Cleveland. It's Lebron and average-to-terrible role players. They need magic stem cells for IT like tonight.

NYYF Triple Crown

Hell just froze over.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    People know Cleveland isn't playing possum, right? They don't have anybody that can score other than Lebron and occasionally Love, they look like 2005 Cleveland. It's Lebron and average-to-terrible role players. They need magic stem cells for IT like tonight.
    Even with IT back, he doesn't fix their porous defense. They just gave up 114 points to the Knicks!

Obviously want to see more of Frank and Willy, but hard not to enjoy watching Kristaps right now, he looks comfortable as hell out there. And Kanter is kind of a beast rebounder, so it's not like he's useless.

Last night was the first game I watched and it was obviously a fun one. I know piling up L's is probably in the franchise's best interest, but I can't root against them. And a big W against a supposed contender is not a bad thing for their development.

Cleveland...sucks. Relatively speaking, of course. I know it's still October, but that looks like a team that should be sellers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CptCrunch View Post
    Even with IT back, he doesn't fix their porous defense. They just gave up 114 points to the Knicks!
    Agreed, but with him at full strength they'd be near where they were last year, around the top of an unimpressive East.

Without him they look like the 7th seed, assuming Lebron expends all of his energy getting them there (I'm guessing he'd check out mentally for LA before then).

If IT isn't getting healthy, they should trade Lebron (if its to a big market/playoff contender, I'm sure he'd be fine with that) and get a couple picks, no joke. It's either that or double down and trade the Nets pick, which sounds nuts right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42
    Last night was the first game I watched and it was obviously a fun one. I know piling up L's is probably in the franchise's best interest, but I can't root against them. And a big W against a supposed contender is not a bad thing for their development.
    Yeah, the Knicks will probably play themselves to the 10th pick in the lottery again, but at least young players will be involved so there should be occasional moments of enjoyment.

Yeah, the Knicks will probably play themselves to the 10th pick in the lottery again, but at least young players will be involved so there should be occasional moments of enjoyment.

I go back and forth on what's "right" for their development. A single-digit-win tank job yields a better pick, but at what cost? We'd likely see some infighting, yet another coach get shown the door, limited growth for Frank, and a disgruntled & beaten-down KP.

So I think I'd rather see them pile up some wins like last night's. The Cavs are paper tigers, but it's still LeBron & the Cavs in Cleveland. You knew they were going to make a run and I was glad to see the Knicks punch back when they cut it from 17 to 6, highlighted by KP's personal 8-0 run.

NYYF Legend

I remember the triangle

Another game where they let the opposition back into it, but didn't fold when it counted. Not easy after getting in late from Cleveland the night before.

Five 30-point efforts in six games for KP. Great to see Jack getting him the ball in good spots early in the possession. It's not like he slacked on D either...made Millsap his bitch to the tune of 8 points on 2-13 shooting. Kanter & KOQ complemented him nicely; hustle plays, boards, and help defense.

RANGE:

NYYF Legend

Damn shame we didn't dump Carmelo many years ago

If they can get KP's Robin in the draft, they'll be on their way.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Damn shame we didn't dump Carmelo many years ago
    I liked having Melo here, but they definitely should have explored it several times after the 2012-2013 team when the roster fell apart. They would have almost certainly got more assets than they ended up getting.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE
    If they can get KP's Robin in the draft, they'll be on their way.
    Won't be easy, considering they are not going to be in the top 5 of the lottery barring meaningful injury or a conscious tank job (which would probably get Porzingis's brother yapping again).

Big game with some big shots from Frank. KP-Frank-THJ will be a solid trio going forward. Wish they could add Luka Doncic to that core, but they'll have no chance at him.

Thread Information