+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Damn shame we didn't dump Carmelo many years ago
    I think it is funny the Knicks have a better record than the Thunder. It probably won't last and it's likely schedule driven over SSS but I still find it funny.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Another nice win...

KP brought his scoring average down by scoring 28 tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    KP brought his scoring average down by scoring 28 tonight.
    bum

what a bust

Carmelo who? I couldn't have been happier than the day I found out he was gone.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

So that tall white Russian guy that everyone said was a waste of a high pick by Phil turned out good huh?

NYYF Legend

Tonight's kind of a schedule loss unless the Magic are terrible. Either way, fun to watch right now, really awesome homestand.

I think had the Knicks known Porzingis would look like this, Irving would be here.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

If it was a month ago, or hell maybe even 2 weeks ago, I would have whole heartedly agreed with LeBron.

But Nickels is averaging the same amount of assists coming off the bench as Smith while providing already above average defense as a 19 year old. I am more than fine with the return we got.

That being said, I love Smith too. I just prefer the higher ceiling in the overall game that Nickels is playing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    If it was a month ago, or hell maybe even 2 weeks ago, I would have whole heartedly agreed with LeBron.

But Nickels is averaging the same amount of assists coming off the bench as Smith while providing already above average defense as a 19 year old. I am more than fine with the return we got.

That being said, I love Smith too. I just prefer the higher ceiling in the overall game that Nickels is playing.
    So you're really intent on "coining" the nickname nickels, aren't you

Well that sucked. I know players have to execute, but I thought Hornacek did a terrible job with his rotations.

Bad game from KP -- his shot was off, he got bullied by LeBron, missed some big FTs that could have sealed it, and did a lackadaisical job of rebounding.

I know Kanter is a flawed player but I was wrong about him. And maybe you do sell high, but he's still only 25 and looks like a nice complement to KP.

And Frank...good job, kid.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Well that sucked. I know players have to execute, but I thought Hornacek did a terrible job with his rotations.

Bad game from KP -- his shot was off, he got bullied by LeBron, missed some big FTs that could have sealed it, and did a lackadaisical job of rebounding.

I know Kanter is a flawed player but I was wrong about him. And maybe you do sell high, but he's still only 25 and looks like a nice complement to KP.

And Frank...good job, kid.
    Agree, bad coaching decisions, KP didn't come through (would have been the difference maker but I think his rebounding was fine), and Nilikina played really well and didn't back down

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Agree, bad coaching decisions, KP didn't come through (would have been the difference maker but I think his rebounding was fine), and Nilikina played really well and didn't back down
    I think I'm just hung up on one play in particular in the final minute where he was waiting for the rebound to come to him and Wade snatched it.

Thread Information