+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Damn shame we didn't dump Carmelo many years ago
    I think it is funny the Knicks have a better record than the Thunder. It probably won't last and it's likely schedule driven over SSS but I still find it funny.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Another nice win...

    KP brought his scoring average down by scoring 28 tonight.

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    KP brought his scoring average down by scoring 28 tonight.
    bum

    what a bust

  4. #29

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Carmelo who? I couldn't have been happier than the day I found out he was gone.

  5. #30
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    So that tall white Russian guy that everyone said was a waste of a high pick by Phil turned out good huh?

  6. #31
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Turn my headphones up

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Tonight's kind of a schedule loss unless the Magic are terrible. Either way, fun to watch right now, really awesome homestand.

  7. #32
    Booney SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    I think had the Knicks known Porzingis would look like this, Irving would be here.

  8. #33
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    If it was a month ago, or hell maybe even 2 weeks ago, I would have whole heartedly agreed with LeBron.

    But Nickels is averaging the same amount of assists coming off the bench as Smith while providing already above average defense as a 19 year old. I am more than fine with the return we got.

    That being said, I love Smith too. I just prefer the higher ceiling in the overall game that Nickels is playing.

  9. #34
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    If it was a month ago, or hell maybe even 2 weeks ago, I would have whole heartedly agreed with LeBron.

    But Nickels is averaging the same amount of assists coming off the bench as Smith while providing already above average defense as a 19 year old. I am more than fine with the return we got.

    That being said, I love Smith too. I just prefer the higher ceiling in the overall game that Nickels is playing.
    So you're really intent on "coining" the nickname nickels, aren't you

  10. #35

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Well that sucked. I know players have to execute, but I thought Hornacek did a terrible job with his rotations.

    Bad game from KP -- his shot was off, he got bullied by LeBron, missed some big FTs that could have sealed it, and did a lackadaisical job of rebounding.

    I know Kanter is a flawed player but I was wrong about him. And maybe you do sell high, but he's still only 25 and looks like a nice complement to KP.

    And Frank...good job, kid.

  11. #36
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Well that sucked. I know players have to execute, but I thought Hornacek did a terrible job with his rotations.

    Bad game from KP -- his shot was off, he got bullied by LeBron, missed some big FTs that could have sealed it, and did a lackadaisical job of rebounding.

    I know Kanter is a flawed player but I was wrong about him. And maybe you do sell high, but he's still only 25 and looks like a nice complement to KP.

    And Frank...good job, kid.
    Agree, bad coaching decisions, KP didn't come through (would have been the difference maker but I think his rebounding was fine), and Nilikina played really well and didn't back down

  12. #37

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Agree, bad coaching decisions, KP didn't come through (would have been the difference maker but I think his rebounding was fine), and Nilikina played really well and didn't back down
    I think I'm just hung up on one play in particular in the final minute where he was waiting for the rebound to come to him and Wade snatched it.

  13. #38
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Turn my headphones up

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Has anyone seen a Knicks quarter like that? I don't remember many recently across the entire NBA... maybe the Warriors playing a bottom dweller, maybe that crazy first half the Cavs had against the Celtics in the playoffs last year.

    The Hardaway signing is looking ok right now, which is kind of crazy. Maybe it takes us out of the running for a max guy in the next couple offseasons, but nobody was choosing us in recent years anyway.

  14. #39

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Has anyone seen a Knicks quarter like that? I don't remember many recently across the entire NBA... maybe the Warriors playing a bottom dweller, maybe that crazy first half the Cavs had against the Celtics in the playoffs last year.

    The Hardaway signing is looking ok right now, which is kind of crazy. Maybe it takes us out of the running for a max guy in the next couple offseasons, but nobody was choosing us in recent years anyway.
    Absolutely ran them out of the building. I know Hardaway had the highlights, but C Lee was fantastic on both ends of the floor. Also, I bashed the crap out of THJ when he was winning meaningless games for us (and scoffed at the contract), but he really has grown as a player. An improved defender, makes hustle plays, and he takes it to the rack with authority.

    Still trying to maintain perspective, but after getting spanked by the Raptors in Toronto last week, this was a great response. And KP wasn't even on his game tonight.

    It will be interesting to see how things shake out later in the season with the guys they got from OKC (both 25 years old). Sell high or are they part of the path forward?

  15. #40

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Frank <3



    (also, glad we don't hear much about DSJ anymore)

  16. #41
    Booney SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    He's a 7'3" beanpole. He will never consistently be healthy.

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    And just a few hours after the injury they trade KP's BFF to Charlotte for two 2nd rounders.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  18. #43

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Not only is this a bad trade, it almost seems mean-spirited, given that it's a situation where he'll have similar trouble getting minutes.

  19. #44
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Not only is this a bad trade, it almost seems mean-spirited, given that it's a situation where he'll have similar trouble getting minutes.
    I'm meh on it. Certainly wasn't a return that makes you immediately excited, but I actively like those 2nd rounders being that Kemba may be gone and Jordan is running that team. I think Willy dug his own grave with his play/actions and the way he was talking to the media recently, but I don't think it was mean-spirited in any way - if he was thought more highly of around the league he'd have garnered more [serious] attention from suitors. If he's a legit guy he'll get burn in CHA no matter what.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  20. #45

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    I just hope the Knicks can get lucky again in the lottery again. A top three pick would be nice.

  21. #46

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    He's a 7'3" beanpole. He will never consistently be healthy.
    Yeah, I don't have a good feeling about him staying healthy either.

  22. #47

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    If he had nagging back and foot problems I'd be worried. If you were to look at torn ACLs around the league I think you'd see a Kyle Lowry for every KP. The other injuries that have popped up over the past 3 years have come from stuff like stepping on a defender's foot and other things that happen in a league where they play way too many games in a 6 month span.

    This definitely sucks, but I guess the faint silver lining is that it allows the Knicks to embrace the tank without KP & his brother whining about making the playoffs.

    And it seems like they took the opportunity to trade KP's BFF while he was preoccupied with getting an MRI.

    Also has anyone watched Markkanen this season? I'd still rather have KP, but maybe Phil wasn't so crazy after all...

  23. #48
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post

    This definitely sucks, but I guess the faint silver lining is that it allows the Knicks to embrace the tank without KP & his brother whining about making the playoffs.

    Also has anyone watched Markkanen this season? I'd still rather have KP, but maybe Phil wasn't so crazy after all...
    His brother’s whining rubbed me the wrong way like he’s the next Nowitzki which I wouldn’t mind but after KP’s whining about too much playing time and his injury I’m starting to think that he’ll never be healthy and they should start exploring what they can get for him. Cuban would be all over that.

    #embracethetank

  24. #49
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    This would be a good year to have a top 5 pick. The top 5 guys IMO are all players to get excited about - Ayton, Doncic, Young, Bagley, Porter. I'm sure more players will come forward by the time the draft comes around. The Knick roster on paper is one of the worst in the league, by far - they just need to tank like holy hell.

  25. #50
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: Knicks 2017-2018 Edition, now Carmelo-free

    wow, how f'n bad and pathetic is this team - from the coach all the way down to the towel boy. Nilikina is such a sad sack, the team can't keep up for more than half a game at most. Hornacek sucks, this guy is doing a great job at the tank job but come April he needs to go

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts