+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Yanks vs Rays at Citifield

Great day at Citi today...the game was a little lack luster. 3 hrs and 50 mins for a 3-2 game.

My seats were in section 120 row 1, which i purchased based on friends telling me i would be in the shade by 2pm. I was.

Not advertised, but free parking was available in the Hall of Science parking lot on 111th St. Maybe they did not want the lot over run, but nobody was there in the booth to collect the usual $10 museum daily parking fee. Not a bad walk up to Roosevelt and then 4-5 blocks to Citi under the EL. I would guess that the walk was similar to the one from the Bronx Terminal mall to Yankee Stadium. Food wasn't available in the Hyundai Club, but the bar was open for those who wanted to partake. My brother treated to Pat LaFrieda steak sandwiches, but we both thought Lobel's gives you a better cut of beef.

The line for the over priced/over rated Shack Shack was much shorter for this game than I have seen at Mets games. The regular concession stands seemed to have very long lines on field level.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Went Mon and Wed and I'd say most fans in attendance were happy to be there watching Yankees baseball in field level seats for $25. It felt like "this is the way that baseball should be" I chatted with families going for a reasonable price commenting that they didn't have to pay $500 or more just to go to a baseball game. I sat on 1B side at end of dugout on Mon and in Delta behind home plate on Wed. Always more fun when the Yankees win both games!

Now, it's back to the grandstand at Yankee Stadium for a similar price.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Went Mon and Wed and I'd say most fans in attendance were happy to be there watching Yankees baseball in field level seats for $25. It felt like "this is the way that baseball should be" I chatted with families going for a reasonable price commenting that they didn't have to pay $500 or more just to go to a baseball game. I sat on 1B side at end of dugout on Mon and in Delta behind home plate on Wed. Always more fun when the Yankees win both games!

Now, it's back to the grandstand at Yankee Stadium for a similar price.
    I definitely felt like it was a throwback to a lost era. One think I did notice happily, was that there were far less scoreboard distraction (none of that everybody clap your hands, or the fake noise meter, etc) . I chose Hyundai over Delta just because I didn't want to stay in the sun longer than I needed to; and I have sat in the first rows a few times in Delta Platinum- which gets you into a small club with free ball park type far on normal days (Delta Lounge)-

NYYF Legend

After Monday's unfortunate mix-up (totally not Craig's fault, apparently it was a Printer's error), where I only had to spend 3 hours with he FBI (they were nice, gave me a coke), I have been compensated (I'd say) fairly.

I have 6 tickets to tonight's Yankee/Rays game at Citi Field in the Owner's Suite. All the food and drink we want (FOR FREE!!). Really looking forward to this game. Although, I'm not sure why the game is starting at 10:05 pm.

Anyone else going to Citi Field for the Yankee game tonight? Let me know, I'll try to sneak you out a hamburger or something.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I definitely felt like it was a throwback to a lost era. One think I did notice happily, was that there were far less scoreboard distraction (none of that everybody clap your hands, or the fake noise meter, etc) . I chose Hyundai over Delta just because I didn't want to stay in the sun longer than I needed to; and I have sat in the first rows a few times in Delta Platinum- which gets you into a small club with free ball park type far on normal days (Delta Lounge)-
    The only reason we were spared most of that crap was because even the Mets management knew it would be pretty stupid to do it for the Rays when 99% of the crowd were Yankees fans.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    After Monday's unfortunate mix-up (totally not Craig's fault, apparently it was a Printer's error), where I only had to spend 3 hours with he FBI (they were nice, gave me a coke), I have been compensated (I'd say) fairly.

I have 6 tickets to tonight's Yankee/Rays game at Citi Field in the Owner's Suite. All the food and drink we want (FOR FREE!!). Really looking forward to this game. Although, I'm not sure why the game is starting at 10:05 pm.

Anyone else going to Citi Field for the Yankee game tonight? Let me know, I'll try to sneak you out a hamburger or something.
    Damn! I would offer to join you but I have to be in the Bronx tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Damn! I would offer to join you but I have to be in the Bronx tonight.
    Soccer?
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

I'm interested. If they serve Pure Leaf unsweetened iced tea in the Owner's Suite, that will be a plus. Any info on this would be appreciated. Will PM you.

Any chance you can get your hands on Yankee postseason games at Citi?

NYYF Legend

I went yesterday, that was a lot of fun -- and Citi Field really is a great place to watch a game.

$25 for seats 15 rows behind the Yankees dugout, that's good stuff. Hats off to the Mets and their staff for doing a good job on what were supposed to be off days for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I went yesterday, that was a lot of fun -- and Citi Field really is a great place to watch a game.

$25 for seats 15 rows behind the Yankees dugout, that's good stuff. Hats off to the Mets and their staff for doing a good job on what were supposed to be off days for them.
    We were 13 rows behind the corner of the dugout, section 124. What section were you seated?

NYYF Legend

Soccer?
    Maybe Castro and Gardner can join you in the suite. They are not doing anything tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    We were 13 rows behind the corner of the dugout, section 124. What section were you seated?
    I was in 122.

Thread Information