+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 2017 Oakland Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    I cant believe we lose to the Chargers one week and win against the Chiefs the next. Thats why you play the games =)

I wasnt a huge fan of the Lynch signing to begin with but thought he would have been better than he has been. I saw where he got ejected last night but not what he did. I dont figure on him being back next season.
    He ran on the field, pushed an official and seemed to be defending his cousin Marcus Peters of KC...strange,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    He ran on the field, pushed an official and seemed to be defending his cousin Marcus Peters of KC...strange,,,,
    wow...I bet he has a suspension looming

Must win vs KC tomorrow.

And we lost anyway. Still got a shot at the playoffs but I really wanted to win that game.

Living in TX I REALLY want a Raiders W tonight. I have always disliked the Cowboys but it has turned into HATRED after living in TX.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

What happened to this team?

I wish I knew. I like most other people thought they would be Super Bowl contenders this season after the year they had last year.

The refs did them no favors against the Cowboys but I think they still should have pulled it out.

Jack recently stated he was changing the culture, but this year things turned back. Lynch is a distraction and if I had to guess the NFL protests hurt team chemistry. The new OC needs to go too.

Officially eliminated from the playoffs. I really expected more out of this team. Oh well such is life.

Officially eliminated from the playoffs. I really expected more out of this team. Oh well such is life.
    I didn't expect another 12-4 season due to a tough schedule, but did expect a good team in the 10-6 to 9-7 range. On to the draft...

Del Rio just got fired! Is Chucky returning to Raider Nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Del Rio just got fired! Is Chucky returning to Raider Nation?
    Looks that way...10 million a year plus a small part of ownership if league approves is the rumor. I liked Jack. You need to stick it out through the bad years some times. Look at the great teams.

Looks that way...10 million a year plus a small part of ownership if league approves is the rumor. I liked Jack. You need to stick it out through the bad years some times. Look at the great teams.

I was also a fan of Del Rio. I think they are banking on Gruden coming back to fire Del Rio so quickly. I also saw a rumor that Gannon could be the QB coach under Gruden if he takes the job. I think Downing could be the next to go. Lets see what the offseason brings. Its now that awkward time of the year between Raider football and Yankees baseball,

I think Del Rio lost the team and I wasn’t happy with the coaching and development of certain players.

Adam Schefter reports Gruden will be the new HC FWIW. If this is in fact true I cant wait to see how Carr develops under Gruden.

Adam Schefter reports Gruden will be the new HC FWIW. If this is in fact true I cant wait to see how Carr develops under Gruden.
    The regression of Carr was another reason as to why Jack D. was let go. TBH, I was astounded how bad he looked this season and I watched every game on NFL Sunday Ticket.

I completely agree with you on the point of Carr's regression and I only watched a few games this season. Breaking his back sure didnt help things but he didnt look that good before that. Im hoping some time off and a new HC (and probably OC as well) get him back to form and the Raiders back to greatness.

Yeah I don't get this move. I'm not a Raiders fan or follower, but they did go 12-4 last year did they not? Now this year their QB broke his back and came back after two weeks. How is this all the coach's fault? They just had their best three year run in 15 years, even with this lost season.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Yeah I don't get this move. I'm not a Raiders fan or follower, but they did go 12-4 last year did they not? Now this year their QB broke his back and came back after two weeks. How is this all the coach's fault? They just had their best three year run in 15 years, even with this lost season.
    I watched every game and had my doubts about Del Rio before he was named HC. IMO, he's not a good HC as there were issues with this team that never improved over Jack's watch and I'm not talking about Carr and his injuries. The defense was horrid and never improve despite Mack's efforts. Yes, they need more help on the defense too with their linebackers and defensive backs. They need to improve their running game. They were indiscipline in their play. Penalties is one thing, but dumb penalties is another. I think the majority of Raider Nation will welcome Gruden back with open arms.

NYYF Legend

Were the Raiders the team that under performed expectations more than any other team this year?
    I'm trying to think back on who the big playoff contenders were and how that did this year.
    I know out here they were seen as a big disappointment and appear to be a team headed in the wrong direction as well as to another city.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Were the Raiders the team that under performed expectations more than any other team this year?
    I'm trying to think back on who the big playoff contenders were and how that did this year.
    I know out here they were seen as a big disappointment and appear to be a team headed in the wrong direction as well as to another city.
    It depends but the Giants and the Broncos were disappointments. Teams like the Packers and Texans got derailed by injuries to their starting QB.

It sure sounds like Gruden is coming back to the Raiders.

Jon Gruden acknowledged his candidacy for the Raiders head coaching job Tuesday in a phone interview with the Bay Area News Group.

“My understanding is they’re interviewing candidates this week and they’re going to let everybody know sometime early next week or whenever they make their decision,” Gruden said.

Asked specifically if he was a candidate, Gruden said, “Well, I think I am being considered, yes. I hope I’m a candidate.”
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/...onsidered-yes/

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It depends but the Giants and the Broncos were disappointments. Teams like the Packers and Texans got derailed by injuries to their starting QB.
    The Giants were a disappointment for sure losing their top 3 WRs for large chunks of the season didn't help.

Denver was also a disappointment but I think that had more to do with their fast start that got derailed quickly then preseason expectations. They had QB questions all along.

There were other teams that fell short of expectations - Seattle and Atlanta come to mind.

But the Raiders had the 2nd highest paid offense in the NFL, were coming of a 12-4 season that got derailed by Carr's injury, and they had SB or bust aspirations coming into the season. to finish with same record as their cross bay rivals who were nearly as dysfunctional as the Browns since firing Harbaugh and who started out 0-9 has got to be a huge blow.

edit - just looked at some preseason odds

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...orites-in-nfc/

Based on this Seattle, Dallas and Oakland the 3 biggest along with Giants and Packers who both multiple injuries to key players.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    The Giants were a disappointment for sure losing their top 3 WRs for large chunks of the season didn't help.

Denver was also a disappointment but I think that had more to do with their fast start that got derailed quickly then preseason expectations. They had QB questions all along.

There were other teams that fell short of expectations - Seattle and Atlanta come to mind.

But the Raiders had the 2nd highest paid offense in the NFL, were coming of a 12-4 season that got derailed by Carr's injury, and they had SB or bust aspirations coming into the season. to finish with same record as their cross bay rivals who were nearly as dysfunctional as the Browns since firing Harbaugh and who started out 0-9 has got to be a huge blow.

edit - just looked at some preseason odds

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...orites-in-nfc/

Based on this Seattle, Dallas and Oakland the 3 biggest along with Giants and Packers who both multiple injuries to key players.
    Wow. Only 4 of the top 10 preseason teams are even in the playoffs. Futures are such a horrible bet.

Gruden makes 7M a year with ESPN so that 10M per year as HC might be on the low side.

Thread Information