+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

NYYFans FB League - Week 21

Just two more weeks of Fantasy Baseball for 13 teams.

These are the match-ups for this week:

Miko's Marauders (13-7) @ Mrs. Bill and Sluggo (9-11)
    Carolina Force (12-8) @ Guys with Wood (10-10)
    Romanian Yankees (16-4) @ Larrupin' Lou's (7-13)
    Michigan Wolverines (7-13) @ Felonious Punks (7-13)
    Powerplant (12-8) @ Lebowski Achievers (7-13)
    Evil Empire (13-7) @ The Lumberjacks (10-10)
    Stirrups (11-9) @ Judgement Day (5-15)
    Try2BeatMe (6-14) @ Planet Express (14-6)
    Ligers (11-9) @ Buckeye Nation (10-10)
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Re: NYYFans FB League - Week 21

Playoff chances:

Code:
     	        Record		Points
    MANTLE			
    Springfield 	12-8-0		4992
    Ligers	        11-9-0		4797.5
    Buckeye Nation	10-10-0		4626
    Lebowski Achievers	Eliminated		
    Felonious Punks	        Eliminated		
    Michigan Wolverines	Eliminated		

DIMAGGIO			
    Planet Express	14-6-0		5499.5
    Cockblocked	13-7-0		5378
    Hobbled Men	11-9-0		4888
    The Lumberjacks	10-10-0		4716
    Try2BeatMe	       Eliminated		
    Judgement Day	       Eliminated		

GEHRIG			
    Ro Yankees	16-4-0		5722
    Marauders	13-7-0		4618
    Carolina Force	12-8-0		4779
    Lame as Rendon	10-10-0		4661.5
    Mrs. Bill and Sluggo	Eliminated		
    Larrupin' Lou's	        Eliminated
    Plant: In the driver's seat for the Mantle. They are 1-1 head to head with the Ligers and have a 194 pt lead. They would more than likely need to lose the next 2 and the Ligers would need to win the next two to fall out of first place.

Ligers: Have that very slim chance at the division. Ligers also have a slim shot at the Points Wild Card. They'd need to score a lot of points and others would have to falter.

Buckeye Nation: Would need to score a boat load of points for any Pts Wild Card berth. The Division would need 2 wins and 2 losses each for the Plant/Ligers. So, you're sayin there's a chance.

Express: Lead Division by one. Express/Empire 1-1 in head to head. They lead pts race over Empire by 121.5. Not quite the driver's seat, but certainly fate is in their hands for the Division win.

Empire: Playoffs look assured. They have a chance for the division, a chance for the best record Wild Card and if that all fails, they are a lock for the pts Wild Card.

Hobbled Men: Have a chance for the pts Wild Card if they score a lot of pts and things break perfectly.

RoYanks: Clinched the Division. A win clinches Seed 1.

Marauders: Fighting the Empire (or the Express) for the best record Wild Card. Would need a lot of points and things to break right for the pts Wild Card.

Force: At 12-8, still an outside shot at the best record Wild Card and a slim chance at the Pts Wild Card.

So, with 2 weeks to go, half the teams are still alive (albeit, some are on life support).

My pitching is shtting the bed this week. Hard. Offense, keep it in gear!!

NYYF Legend

I guess I'll go through this exercise. Even though complete apathy has set in. JDPNYY cares about this league. So here we go.

Hey all, it's Saturday of Week 21. How we doing?
    (in red):

The Miko drive for the playoffs remains in pretty good shape. They lead the Mrs. by 32 and have a 2-0 PSR adv. The Mrs 124 points is the 4th lowest total so far this week.
    Team Leaders:
    MM: Colllllin (O')McHugh 24
    MB&S: Francisco (THE Truffle) Lindor 27

The Force is doing all it can to keep the playoffs in their binoculars. They've put up the 2nd most points of the week at this point. With a 57 pt lead and a 3-1 PSR ad, they are seemingly up for a win. Woodies putting up a decent pts total so far, they're just playing the wrong team this week.
    Team Leaders:
    CF: Christian Yelich (Author note: I got nothin) 29.5
    GwW: Patti (O')Corbin 29

A free win for the League's best team. The Lou's just floating along in the rapids with an RP who's been on the DL for the second week and 2 SPs who haven't been starting in three week in SP slots. Whew. Not good. Anyway, the RoYs would be beating all but two teams thus far so, the free win is fine.
    Team Leaders:
    RY: FerNando Rodney (Dangerfield) 25.5
    LL: Just No One

Pride Game, and a close one. Looking to get out of the Mantle basement, one of these two will climb out. Well, unless they tie and the Lebby's win. But let's not go there.
    The Punksters lead this one by 13 and the PSRs are even at 3. We shall see which team wants it more.
    Team Leaders:
    MW: Brandon Crawfish 20.5
    FP: (Clark) Kenta Maeda 26.5

The PowerPlant seems to be peaking at the right time. They lead the league in pts this week. A win clinches the Mantle and they seem driven. Against the Lebsters (who are having a decent points week) the Plant leads by fittytoo. PSRs are locked at 1 a piece. Looks like the Mantle is Planted.
    Team Leaders:
    SBP: Jacob (daBrid &) daGrom 29
    LA: Marcell (THE Paper Towel) Ozuna - 34

As Steve stated in the only post in this thread other than my posts - the Empire Pitching is sucking the life out of the room, but their hitting has them in control of this contest. They lead the Jacks by fittytree, they are down a Starting Pitcher to the Jacks (that might be a good thing for the Empire).
    Team Leaders:
    EE: Giancarlo (Mike Drop) Stanton - 33.5
    tL: Corey (with a 10 pt day yesterday) Dickerson 26.5

Judgement Day leads this one by 21.5. Howeva - The StirredUps have a nice 5-3 PSR adv due to Darvishes return.
    Team Leaders:
    S: Danny Duffy 23.5
    JD: The Kraken 32

Planet X, in pursuit of a division win and the #2 seed leads this one by 99.5 points. Plus they have a 3-1 PSR adv. Looking good for a win for the Planet. After a nice showing last week, the Try to's stayed home this week, with the 2nd lowest pt total of the week so far.
    Team Leaders:
    TTBM: Rich (but not in luck) Hill 39
    PE: Chris (Danny) Archer 26

The Ligers and Buckeyes locked in a tight duel for 2nd place in the Mantle Division. The Ligers have a slight advantage, but the Nation is still in this thing.
    Team Leaders:
    L: Cole (fired pizza) Hamels 22.5
    BN: Oops, no one quite at the 20 pt minimum

Well, this may go unread, but in case anyone does glance in this direction...

Have a nice weekend.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Thanks John, Great job as always! I look forward to the Saturday read.

Devoted Member

I'm always enjoying these, even if I don't always comment, btw. This is now part of my Saturday morning routine.

NYYF Legend

I agree. Don't always comment but always enjoy the reads. Thanks for all your efforts John

I read the updates as well. They are entertaining. Thanks John!

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Lost two Sunday starts all of a sudden. Duffy on the DL and Nola pushed to Monday. This sucks.

NYYF Legend

Hey all, it's Saturday of Week 21. How we doing? (in red):
    Sunday Prediction Time (in brown):

The Miko drive for the playoffs remains in pretty good shape. They lead the Mrs. by 32 and have a 2-0 PSR adv. The Mrs 124 points is the 4th lowest total so far this week.
    Team Leaders:
    MM: Colllllin (O')McHugh 24
    MB&S: Francisco (THE Truffle) Lindor 27

Prediction: Mrs. Bill falters, the Mikoh's win in a walk.

The Force is doing all it can to keep the playoffs in their binoculars. They've put up the 2nd most points of the week at this point. With a 57 pt lead and a 3-1 PSR ad, they are seemingly up for a win. Woodies putting up a decent pts total so far, they're just playing the wrong team this week.
    Team Leaders:
    CF: Christian Yelich (Author note: I got nothin) 29.5
    GwW: Patti (O')Corbin 29

Prediction:The Woodies could have used a guy like Rendon this week. The Force got this.

A free win for the League's best team. The Lou's just floating along in the rapids with an RP who's been on the DL for the second week and 2 SPs who haven't been starting in three week in SP slots. Whew. Not good. Anyway, the RoYs would be beating all but two teams thus far so, the free win is fine.
    Team Leaders:
    RY: FerNando Rodney (Dangerfield) 25.5
    LL: Just No One

Prediction: After the Commish enforces the penalties for illegal roster for the Lous, this one will look even uglier. The RoYanks clinch everything with this win.

Pride Game, and a close one. Looking to get out of the Mantle basement, one of these two will climb out. Well, unless they tie and the Lebby's win. But let's not go there.
    The Punksters lead this one by 13 and the PSRs are even at 3. We shall see which team wants it more.
    Team Leaders:
    MW: Brandon Crawfish 20.5
    FP: (Clark) Kenta Maeda 26.5

Prediction: Whoa, it looks like the Punkies want this more. They'll exit the basement.

The PowerPlant seems to be peaking at the right time. They lead the league in pts this week. A win clinches the Mantle and they seem driven. Against the Lebsters (who are having a decent points week) the Plant leads by fittytoo. PSRs are locked at 1 a piece. Looks like the Mantle is Planted.
    Team Leaders:
    SBP: Jacob (daBrid &) daGrom 29
    LA: Marcell (THE Paper Towel) Ozuna - 34

Prediction: The Powerplant relinquishes the weekly points lead, but will win this one with ease. Again, this clinches the Mantle and the 3rd seed in the playoffs.

As Steve stated in the only post in this thread other than my posts - the Empire Pitching is sucking the life out of the room, but their hitting has them in control of this contest. They lead the Jacks by fittytree, they are down a Starting Pitcher to the Jacks (that might be a good thing for the Empire).
    Team Leaders:
    EE: Giancarlo (Mike Drop) Stanton - 33.5
    tL: Corey (with a 10 pt day yesterday) Dickerson 26.5

Prediction: The Empire wins this to keep their playoff scenarios all in tact.

Judgement Day leads this one by 21.5. Howeva - The StirredUps have a nice 5-3 PSR adv due to Darvishes return.
    Team Leaders:
    S: Danny Duffy 23.5
    JD: The Kraken 32

Prediction: The Stirrups should hold on here.

Planet X, in pursuit of a division win and the #2 seed leads this one by 99.5 points. Plus they have a 3-1 PSR adv. Looking good for a win for the Planet. After a nice showing last week, the Try to's stayed home this week, with the 2nd lowest pt total of the week so far.
    Team Leaders:
    TTBM: Rich (but not in luck) Hill 39
    PE: Chris (Danny) Archer 26

Prediction: This one was over Monday. Express holds on to their Joe D lead another week.

The Ligers and Buckeyes locked in a tight duel for 2nd place in the Mantle Division. The Ligers have a slight advantage, but the Nation is still in this thing.
    Team Leaders:
    L: Cole (fired pizza) Hamels 22.5
    BN: Oops, no one quite at the 20 pt minimum

Prediction: Still to close to call due to an awful Saturday by Cole Hamels against a crap team.

Enjoy Sunday, why don't cha.

Can't wait for Kershaw to come back next weekend!

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Can't wait for Kershaw to come back next weekend!
    2-start Sale and 2-start Arrieta is what I get from you next week. This is how you repay me???

Thread Information